IGNORED

The Celery Movie

atari2600land

• 1 month later...

Movie now at 36 seconds long. Added two scenes and worked on fine-tuning what I had. I don't know why, but when I came back to work on it, it wouldn't compile, which is odd because it did last time. It said it had -800 bytes left. So I added a second bank to make it 8k, which solved the problem. I must have done something screwy to the default.inc file, but I don't know what. But that's OK, because it would have to be at 8k eventually. The first episode was 32k anyway.

celerytwo6.bas.bin

Edited by atari2600land

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At the dump, Mr. Celery finds a too-friendly fly. The reason Mr. Celery is floating in the last scene is because the playfield's y position changes from scene to scene because I had been scrolling up and down a few times. The scene looks fine if you play it from the beginning, which you can download the binary file of if you click on the celery link in my signature.

celerytwo23.bas.bin

Edited by atari2600land

The fight is on!

I have three bytes left in bank 4, so if I am going to make the fight longer, it will have to carry on into bank 5. I have a small problem. It looks as though there is a limit to the number of times you can call pfcolors and/or playfield. I tried to redefine pfcolors for the umpteenth time but it wouldn't let me. It worked, but it had weird icky colors I didn't tell it to have. So I had to redesign a few things. I don't know what I did different from the first episode though, where everything worked up until the end.

celerytwo25.bas.bin

Apparently "reboot" takes up less bytes than a goto statement. I had to move the fight to bank 5. I'm still wondering whether I have enough room for more playfield and pf commands. I'll see once I can think of the story after this scene ends. The movie is now at 3 min. 20 seconds long, so I'm about halfway done with it. I'm a bit ahead, bank 5 should have the fourth minute in it. Hopefully I can think of something that doesn't take a lot of room to program. I have 3,320 bytes left in bank 5.

celerytwo26.bas.bin

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...