IGNORED

Rave 99 Ramdisk documentation

RickyDean

I would like to request from whomsoever might have it, a copy of the documentation for the Rave MX01 card. I have started going thru my storage and am trying to find out which cards and equipment will work without deeper labor, but I need manual(s) and I have done a pretty thorough search of Whtech, though I may be missing something. Can one of you point me in the right direction. Thanks, ;-) post-41593-0-94606300-1434225217_thumb.jpg

Thanks Tim, I appreciate that very much. For your information, the Geneve that you modified for me with the original PFM still boots, though I have to replace the 12 mhz crystal soon. Once I get things together I'll have to try some of the new stuff. BTW, if Richard Bell doesn't repair or sell parts for the Gennys and Scsis and so forth, who does? Thanks again. Ricky

Thanks Tim, I appreciate that very much. For your information, the Geneve that you modified for me with the original PFM still boots, though I have to replace the 12 mhz crystal soon. Once I get things together I'll have to try some of the new stuff. BTW, if Richard Bell doesn't repair or sell parts for the Gennys and Scsis and so forth, who does? Thanks again. Ricky

Glad to hear that. That upgrade must have taken place what, 15-20 years ago? :)

Both Richard and I still repair hardware on an as-available basis. Some parts like the Myarc-produced gate arrays are nearly exhausted, so they are normally not sold outright. The Atmel chips used for the PFM are almost impossible to find these days, so new upgrades are nearly impossible. I usually stick to the Myarc cards though I have been known to resurrect a RAMdisk now and then.

Richard also visits this forum periodically so he may share some insight of his own.

• Like 1

Okay, I had contacted Richard about 7 or 8 years ago about the possibility of purchasing spare arrays and such for my Geneve's and HFDC's but quickly forgot about it as I was over in Iraq working and time as you just mentioned slipped by. And yes it was about 20 years ago as all of my stuff had sit in storage in one of my semi trailers for all these years. It had sprang some leaks and with the shifting that goes on in several movements of the trailer things got wet and/or damaged. I will be resurrecting as much as I can, but some manuals and books didn't make it, others not so well, thought it surprised me as to what did come through. I am in south Georgia and own my property and have been going through the trailers as time permits. I am currently unemployed, by choice as I am taking a course in C# programming,ASP.Net MVC 5 and MS SQL.,but that is almost over (I have to present my capstone project this week) and then I will get back to work somewhere and as money flows in I will be upgrading to some of this fine "stuff" I see about here on Atariage. Thanks again for your fine contributions to mine and many others who share this "Hobby". By the way whatever happened to

Mike Maksimik, you two were my Geneve and Scsi superheroes, so to speak. Anyhow Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Can someone post a high res picture of the rave 99 Ramdisk with the switches set, for a TI994/A install. Can you describe in some text, which switches operate what? Since there has not been any documentation forthcoming I want to test the Ramdisk, to see if its functional. Also if there is some software I would like to get ahold of that too. Thanks for your time.

Ricky

I have 3 RAVE MX01 ramdisks that I haven't used for at least 20 years. I used them with one of my Geneves like TIm. I have the documentation and disks somewhere in my immense pile of TI stuff. Give me a little time and I'll dig the stuff up. The problem after finding the documentation is getting it scanned but I think I can get that done at work once I find it.

Have patience and we'll get 'er done.

• Like 2

Yeah, there is not a whole lot out the in the wild about this gadget.

There was a lead to an article that was supposed to be in a 1989 issue of the Sudbury users group newsletter, but WHTECH only has two issues, and neither one was the right one.

I've attached all I have, I'm afraid none of it is what you want, but it appears that insanemultitasker wrote some software for it a long time ago. He may be the resident expert.

Rave MX-01.zip

• Like 1

Ricky

I have 3 RAVE MX01 ramdisks that I haven't used for at least 20 years. I used them with one of my Geneves like TIm. I have the documentation and disks somewhere in my immense pile of TI stuff. Give me a little time and I'll dig the stuff up. The problem after finding the documentation is getting it scanned but I think I can get that done at work once I find it.

Have patience and we'll get 'er done.

Ok, that sounds good. I'm trying to beat the bushes to see what springs out.Thanks

Yeah, there is not a whole lot out the in the wild about this gadget.

There was a lead to an article that was supposed to be in a 1989 issue of the Sudbury users group newsletter, but WHTECH only has two issues, and neither one was the right one.

I've attached all I have, I'm afraid none of it is what you want, but it appears that insanemultitasker wrote some software for it a long time ago. He may be the resident expert.

Thanks, everything helps.

Well, One down, One to go.

I found the documentation for the Rave MX01 Ramdisk. I also remembered that I had an old flatbed scanner so I spent some time scanning and got the job done.

The pdf file contains 4 manuals

Memory Enhancement

Rave_OS Software

Ramdisk Software

Macro Loader

I forgot how much these ramdisks had going for them. I may have to remove a couple of my Horizons out of one of my systems and Rave On once again.

Once I find the software disks I will upload them as well - I have all the software RAVE released for this device - including the so called enhanced Myarc XBII.

The file is 47mb - It's too big for me to upload here so I guess you'll have to send me your email and I'll send it to you.

-Ralph...

• Like 1

Well, One down, One to go.

I found the documentation for the Rave MX01 Ramdisk. I also remembered that I had an old flatbed scanner so I spent some time scanning and got the job done.

The pdf file contains 4 manuals

Memory Enhancement

Rave_OS Software

Ramdisk Software

Macro Loader

I forgot how much these ramdisks had going for them. I may have to remove a couple of my Horizons out of one of my systems and Rave On once again.

Once I find the software disks I will upload them as well - I have all the software RAVE released for this device - including the so called enhanced Myarc XBII.

The file is 47mb - It's too big for me to upload here so I guess you'll have to send me your email and I'll send it to you.

-Ralph...

if you send it to me I'll put it on whtech.com send to arcadeshopper at gmail dot com

Greg

• Like 1