IGNORED

Rave 99 Ramdisk documentation

RickyDean

That's just too weird. I can download the .exe & the .zip, but none of the .pdf files work. I tried three different browsers.

I have had some difficulty in the past with left-clicking to download into the browser. Right-clicking to download to a folder almost always works, however. I just tried left-clicking one of the PDFs and it opened in my Chrome browser just fine.

...lee

Ok, I have been reading the documentation and have set the switches for the factory settings and when I go into corcomps peripheral tests cartridge, I get a "no 32k memory expansion" error message. I believe that when I was trying to play with the switches without documentation, that I may have inadvertently damaged something( that's what I get for not waiting for a manual to show up), as the manual states that there should only be one switch on in each of the CRU switches, one for DSR "A" and one for DSR "B", and that having more than one switch on, on each can damage the card. My question is, I have a lot of 74HCT138P chips, (3) 74HC259P CHIPS,(1) 74HC27P, and some 244 and 245 buffer chips, which ones should I start replacing first. Thanks for any help in this matter. Ricky

post-41593-0-30141800-1444581357_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Do you have an EPROMMER that can test 74 series chips? Since all of these are socketed, you could just pop them out, run the tests against them, and find out if the problem is there. . .and hopefully, it will not be the PAL/GAL with the white stripe on it (unless we have access to the JEDEC files for that chip and can burn a new one).

No, I do not have one that is current, all I have right now is a old mechatronic( that I can't find the power supply for yet), and a Gang Pro 8 (circa 1980's that I don't have software for). I do have a old Mod-Hic IC tester, but I can't find my documents and power supply for it (been 17+ years since I last used it), so I can't test the chips that way. If I have to do it the old fashioned way and replace one by one, I will have to wait until I can purchase some HCT chips, as most of what I have right now are LS series. Maybe they will work, but I like to use whatever the equipment was designed to use.

Your right, it's been a long time since I have studied the different chip types and power levels and speeds. I will get what I need to make it go. I finally got my IC tester operational today( first time since storage in 1999) and the first 74HC244 was bad according to my tester, so we'll start from there. Thanks for your knowledge. Ricky

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I stumbled across my copy of the Installation and Operating Manual this evening. It was certainly not where it belonged! ;)

The only differences I noticed between the manual on WHT and my copy are the permission and warranty information. My manual lists "Cecure Electronics" and associated address/numbers.

I had forgotten that the MX01 card not only provided 32K, it allowed for banking in that space. It also provided 8K memory at 0x6000-0x7fff for supercart applications. The optional software and DSRs were pretty neat, if sometimes finicky. ;)

• Like 3