IGNORED

The Celery Movie

atari2600land

• 2 weeks later...

Can nobody post in the bB forums any more or something? It's been a week since the last post here!

I changed the knocking in the scene to a doorbell. I also added a pivotal scene afterwords with the police.

celerytwo32.bas.bin

Edited by atari2600land

• 2 weeks later...

And this took even longer to get right. It's not exactly right, though, due to the playfield's pixels not being aligned to the sprite pixels. So just imagine that when the truck jumps up a half-pixel, a really fat guy is getting out of the pickup truck. Because that's what's going to happen, but I haven't got that far yet. This by the way is 4.75 minues long. And remember, if you want to watch the whole thing from the beginning, visit the mr. celery homepage at http://www.atari2600land.com/celerymovie/

By the way, the pickup truck's design is incredibly simple on purpose. it switches between being player 1 to being part of the playfield. I did this so the fat guy can be player 1 when he comes out and still have the truck be visible.

celerytwo35.bas.bin

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone really care about this?I guess gosub is a bust since no coders will show code on how to not fill the sprite attribute table.(no copy past going on there) :(

The Atari 7800 guys are more then helpful,they want 6502 programmers and are willing to do anything to get them up and running.But they require effort and no copy paste because they expect you to learn(those basterds) :( :(

I geuss intellivision or Atari 2600 is you're options until you decide to actually learn to program.

Instead of understanding code you prefer to devote hours to getting it to work.

I showed you how to accomplish tile collision in z80 for master system,but you choose to ignore understanding my code and it took you hours to get something working.If you would have taken that same time to understand you would apply the same knowledge to other games.

I don't really say anything to another programmer or engineer but you should not be programming it's not for you.

Copy paste is not something a programmer does ever!We study the code to understand what is happening,you don't do this and have no desire to do it,programmers don't copy paste we constantly further our knowledge.

Edited by OmegaPrime
  • Like 1

Posted Today, 4:03 AM

Does anyone really care about this?I guess gosub is a bust since no coders will show code on how to not fill the sprite attribute table.(no copy past going on there) :(

Well.. it's more on the amusing/entertaining side of things, but who doesn't like a good laugh now and then eh?

The Atari 7800 guys are more then helpful,they want 6502 programmers and are willing to do anything to get them up and running.But they require effort and no copy paste because they expect you to learn(those basterds) :( :(

I geuss intellivision or Atari 2600 is you're options until you decide to actually learn to program.

Actually, with 7800Basic ,the door to help programmers to create great games has been opened. :)

Instead of understanding code you prefer to devote hours to getting it to work.

I showed you how to accomplish tile collision in z80 for master system,but you choose to ignore understanding my code and it took you hours to get something working.If you would have taken that same time to understand you would apply the same knowledge to other games.

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat. Because I don't have loads of time to devote to learning code... I steal it! :_( :_( :_( I do credit the original author when possible though, and pray to be absolved of my sins.

I don't really say anything to another programmer or engineer but you should not be programming it's not for you.

Copy paste is not something a programmer does ever!We study the code to understand what is happening,you don't do this and have no desire to do it,programmers don't copy paste we constantly further our knowledge.

Serious programmers should be doing exactly as you have described... but try not to take atari2600lands' work to seriously... no one else does. :D :D :D

I think you're talented PAC-MAN-RED and you have a lot of heart.I'm curious why you would defend another .Atari2600Land uses programmers and wasts there time.If you guys would tell us I need a function we would help.I'd expect you to undersand how the function works and listen to me how to enter it.

Edited by OmegaPrime

The Atariage forums have taught me a great level of tolerance for all things. Even my own work, despite me stating a few times, "if my work is used, just credit me." has been plagiarized. But I choose not to let small things like that get to me.

There are two quotes that may or not be as accurate as they should be but, "By their fruits ye shall know them." and "The truth will out." Either the talentless will become talented, or their true colors will be seen and they will be called out.

Why did OmegaPrime start attacking me for no good reason? I don't "use" programmers, and if I do, I'm extremely sorry. But why bring up my Game Gear failures in this thread about a bB Atari 2600 game, anyway? All I want to do is make things right with the community, and if that means stopping homebrewing, I'm willing to do so.

Why did OmegaPrime start attacking me for no good reason? I don't "use" programmers, and if I do, I'm extremely sorry. But why bring up my Game Gear failures in this thread about a bB Atari 2600 game, anyway? All I want to do is make things right with the community, and if that means stopping homebrewing, I'm willing to do so.

Has this guy earned your respect enough to stop enjoying what you do? I think he's earned the opposite. Prove him wrong! Keep being original! Keep taking on systems that lack attention! You are awesome!

• Like 4

All I want to do is make things right with the community, and if that means stopping homebrewing, I'm willing to do so.

That statement assumes you have somehow "wronged this (or some other) community", I don't believe you have. Experimenting with different things is how you learn where your strengths and weaknesses are. When dealing with people on the internet, the moajority of people will say nothing, one way or the other. The other ends of the spectrum will have strong opinions, one way or the other...but in the end they are opinions, don't rule your life by them or make knee jerk reactions based on them.

• Like 3

Atari2600land has brought joy to many of us here on AtariAge and on the videopac / odyssey2 forums with his classic videogame creations. I have published many of his games on cartridge as well:

GOSUB!

GOSUB 2

WALLS!

NICE ICE!

and as of today - CHIEF CHEF

and the ALIEN GREED series... I published ALIEN GREED 4 and it sold out very quickly.

He is talented. He may do things and approach his coding a little differently.. but he is self-taught.

What comes to mind is a friend of mine who plays the guitar so well - and never has taken a guitar lesson.

Also I have a teenage daughter who can paint and draw at a high level I can't explain... because she has never taken a single art class.

These are God-given gifts and talents.

Keep doing what you are doing. Do this for your fun and your enjoyment! Keep your head held high. I am proud of your accomplishments and you should be too!

Tim D.

• Like 5

Copy paste is not something a programmer does ever!

Bullshit. I copy/paste code all the time, there's no need to reinvent the wheel every time I write a new program.

We study the code to understand what is happening,you don't do this and have no desire to do it,programmers don't copy paste we constantly further our knowledge.

Sometimes you have to copy/paste code that you don't understand because the hardware is so bizarre. Case in point, it was a long time before I wrapped my head around the 48 pixel routines for the Atari. According to you, I shouldn't have put that fancy menu in Medieval Mayhem until I fully understood the routine. Fuck that.

post-3056-0-62428900-1449068045_thumb.png

• Like 9

Copy and pasting code, for me, is part of learning. I've done it since I was 16 learning HTML back in the 1990s. If I forget how to make a table in HTML, I go to a site that had them, view the source, copy it, edit it, and then now I have a table on my site. I wouldn't get anywhere in Colecovision programming if newcoleco hasn't shared his source code. I do credit him in my project because I enjoy making games and his documentation helps a lot. Now I have my own code I copy and paste into my new game. I even edit them to my new project to add new features. I will share or help others in order to assist in the learning process. It took a very long time for me to understand coding, like over 10 years. I learn best by doing. It's like riding a bike. Even if someone tells you how to ride it, it wouldn't make sense. If you get the bike and start pedaling, then you eventually learn that you have to keep moving to keep a balance.

I really like Plim and Celery Movie. I like games and animation. I enjoy seeing your Oddessy 2, Intellivision stuff. You should definitely keep making homebrew.

I think you're talented PAC-MAN-RED and you have a lot of heart.I'm curious why you would defend another that is below you.Atari2600Land uses programmers and wasts there time.If you guys would tell us I need a function we would help.I'd expect you to undersand how the function works and listen to me how to enter it.

:ponder:

Related link:

randomterrain.com/web-design-text-tips.html#from_two_spaces_to_no_spaces

• Like 1