IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

Gotta love overpriced shipping :P

Hey guys,

This is MY post. It is finally time to clean out the extra stuff lying around. I put shipping at 70 pounds at let eBay calculate the rest. Sorry if it seems overpriced?

As for the untested part I haven't fired this thing up in 2/3 years and never as a whole unit. It did have some issues if I remember correctly it did run, but seemed to crash at times. I don't want to pull apart my current system and individually test each component (32k, power cable, fuses, disk controller card, flex cable interface card, connections, etc. etc. etc.). I thought by listing this as untested (which it is since it has been a few years) I would just save myself and the buyer the headache. If it all works perfect, great. if something doesn't work or needs to be cleaned? Well I think we have all been there. I tried to list the price WELL below normal eBay type auctions (Disk controller alone can go for $60?) to give someone a good deal starting out.

I have dealt with Karsul, Shift838, Tony Knerr, Fritz and among others on this forum and hope that our interactions / sales / trades / etc. have all been agreeable. I do not want to be pegged as an eBay scammer, but I am not that.

Thoughts? I will unpost this listing if the community at large thinks this is egregious.

Shipping is really ridiculous depending upon the service and the locations. Shipping for most sellers in Washington state is very expensive to me in Florida. I like to offer FedEx, UPS, and USPS shipping to give people options. USPS now provides tracking, albeit still not as good as the private services, so I have less reservation about using it for shipping.

Of course, USPS is far more convenient for me as the mailman stops by every day. For the others I have to drop off, but there are a couple of different places along my routes during the day, so drop-off is not such a burden.

I have dealt with Karsul, Shift838, Tony Knerr, Fritz and among others on this forum and hope that our interactions / sales / trades / etc. have all been agreeable. I do not want to be pegged as an eBay scammer, but I am not that.

No ,Budz is not a scammer. I have interacted with him multiple times with NO issues. :thumbsup:

I have only had good dealings with Budz as well. The problem with this one is that the shipping calculator will always be a bit imprecise, erring towards the high end. That's an eBay thing that I live with every day for the things I buy--and it has nothing to do with the seller, other than the weight they initially put into the calculator. The original PEB box is a bit heavy, so shipping will be calculated high to compensate for that. The current price is more than acceptable even with the shipping as calculated--so all is good. . .

(Meanwhile, I got some more european 220-Volt-PEBs, that is better as no powerconversion is needed )

For both versions of the PEB you can switch the Voltage to 220. I did a thread on this when I opened mine to change it, all is documented with photos. No Powerconverter needed.

For both versions of the PEB you can switch the Voltage to 220. I did a thread on this when I opened mine to change it, all is documented with photos. No Powerconverter needed.

Hmmm ... is it possible that the US versions are fixed at 110V, whereas the European versions can be switched between 110V and 220V? The Peripheral Expansion System technical data manual clearly shows "-1" and "-2" variants of the power supply.

If you look to the Formorall schematics for the PEB, you will find that you just need to move a couple of the wires from the power transformer in the PEB to some different positions on the jumper blocks to switch the push button PEBs to 220V. It would also be a really good idea to replace the slo-blo fuse at the back of the PEB with one rated for half the amperage at 220V too. I made these changes to a couple of PEBs while I was in Germany. . .and they work fine.

• Like 1