IGNORED

Web99 - Search your TiFiles/Disks v0.5 Beta 4

kl99

Yes Opry. Definately! I am planning to setup a dedicated youtube channel. I wanna do an updated version of the Powerpoint Presentation there. And of course some live demo where the computer screen is captured.
Currently I am solely working on the Index&Search Area of Web99 and not enhancing anything on the Communication towards the real TI iron. But the time for that will come.

Your feedback is very welcome.

Klaus

• Like 2

I am using com0com (Null Modem Emulator) [http://com0com.sourceforge.net]to connect Web99 with TI Emulators on the same machine.

This gives me two virtual Serial Ports, that are connected together and you can configure how the pins should connect.

post-27826-0-06190600-1448311495_thumb.png

This com0com Tool is not necessary for Web99 to function, you can use Web99 with a real serial Port or an Serial2USB adapter going to a TI.

for now Web99 relies on DSR commands, so you need a working RS232 device that is defined in the DSR.

And I guess Bootstrapping a virgin TI-99 will always rely on having a DSR.

I got permission to integrate the Audio Tape Simulation from Fredrik Öhrström into Web99.

http://nivelleringslikaren.eu/ti994a_basic/

So it might be that a future revision only requires your Pc Sound Output connected to the Ti-99 Cassette Port in order to bootstrap it and then load all programs via that Sound output, which might be interesting for not expanded TI-99.

Also I wanna tweak it together with Playground to escape the TI Basic Sandbox in order to get Assembler Programs running via Audio.

But we are talking far in the future here. First I need to decode all FileTypes correctly, get support for the Pc99 Diskformat, single TiFiles.

I also want to give Emulator Users an option to quickly copy a TiFile from the Treelist into a predefined Target Path on the Pc (D:\Classic99\DSK1) in the right format.So it's directly usable from the Emulator. Done with v0.5 Beta 2

Or even start the emulator like the Gamebase does. JS99er would make a nice 5th Tab in the Search to execute the selected program in the Search Window right away, but I would need to ask Rasmus for permission before going that direction.

Edited by kl99

Okay, I made a prototype for Classic99 Export.

In Web99 just right click your TiFile in the Tree and select "Copy to Classic99".

It's hardcoded to "C:\Classic99\DSK1\" for now, so please ensure this path exists, before trying out the feature.

It will create a File called "WEB99" in that Directory with the necessary TIFILES Header. For now it's hardcoded to be a PROGRAM Header, so no Data Files Support.

In Classic 99 just use "OLD DSK1.WEB99" to load the exported Basic Program.

Have fun and please give feedback:

Web99 [2015-11-24] v0.5 Beta 2

Web99 2015-11-24 v0.5 Beta 2.zip

Edited by kl99
  • Like 1

If I were to hook the PC audio out into the TI cassette cable, would I just need a 6' audio cable and a F->F gender changer to attach the cassette interface cable to the audio line?

Would stereo/mono make a difference, or would that woek itself out? PC out is stereo, TI in is mono. Just curious if I need an adapter or whether it would be okay running all mono OR all stereo...

• 1 month later...

A new release of Web99, which fixes some issues, mainly

- you can now define on your own the path for the Classic99 Export

- wildcard issue on the FileName Field which is in the Christmas Edition.

The index is compatible/identical to the one from the Christmas Edition. So please download the data from there, or move the directory "index" over.

Web99 [2015-12-28] v0.5 Beta 4

Edited by kl99
  • Like 1

Hi,

is this the setting of the Classic99-folder itself, or of a DSK-Folder ?

(where does the "copy" land, and how? as a TI-File in the DSK-folder ?)

thx

EDIT:

OK, it is a DSK-folder which is set here, and a TI-file called WEB99 is copied there.

But if I OLD DSK1.WEB99 it , I get an I/O Error 02.

Good luck, the Paste-XB in Classic99 works

Edited by schmitzi

...if I have your christmas-index, do I have your data ? or just the index only ?

(if the latter, so what for do I get it ? playing around?)

(as my own index is much bigger, and more interesting for me.... or I do not understad a detail on that)

thx

The Index Technology allows storing indexed data as well. And this is what I am doing.

Once you did the step "Add to Index" your original data is no longer touched (not even read), still you have all the binaries from those TI Files.

In the index I am storing the binary data of every single binary which is representing one single file on a TI Disk.

In the index I am storing the Basic Source Code (100 CALL CLEAR,...) of all identified TI Basic and TI XB Programs.

When you run the Find Duplicates option, the index no longer stores 2 or more copies of the same binary. The binary is stored once in the index with a certain ID, and the information is stored that this binary ID is used by 2 or more TI Files (also represented with a certain ID). This goes further to a TI File with a certain ID is a member of a TI Disk with a certain ID.

I do not store the complete binary data of a TI Disk as such. For 99% of the cases this is not necessary for a program to work. It's sufficient to know some Meta Data about the Disk and which TI Files should be on it. Further I already mentioned in the thread, two TI Disks that are not matching on binary level can still represent the same Disk.

In the end having a directory structure with 100.000 disks is totally insufficient compared to what you can achieve with a fully searchable index.

The goal for Web99 is to accept any input format for programs/file data, from Single TIFILES File, V9T9 Disk Image, Pc99 Disk Image, Rom Dump, Grom Dump, zipped, unzipped, or even an Rss Feed from a website. And to be able to output any desired format on the fly, without the need that the input format was like that. The transformation from the input format to raw data happens in Web99 and the transformation to the output format happens in Web99 as well. It will mean I want to create a TI Disk on the fly or something the target platform needs.

It will no longer matter if you have a Rom Dump from a cartridge directly as Pc File on your Pc Harddisk, zipped for an Emulator, or contained as some TIFiles on a V9T9 Disk Image. If you have any of that, you have the software and will be able to output it in any format your target platform desires. Further with the help of Hash comparison it will no longer matter if you don't have nice names for your files or disk images. The Software will be detected as such and you will know that you be informed that you have "Hunt the Wumpus" in front of you, even if it's called GAME.ZIP or some TIFiles on a Disk Image.

Your index might look bigger for you, but having 4 times as much Disk Clones is not giving you any more Disks. Disk Clones are simply identified duplicates within your collection. Your indexed collection is actually smaller to what comes with the christmas edition, did you delete the index directory before adding your stuff? You shouldn't.

OK, it is a DSK-folder which is set here, and a TI-file called WEB99 is copied there.

But if I OLD DSK1.WEB99 it , I get an I/O Error 02.

Good luck, the Paste-XB in Classic99 works

For me it's working. Which file and which filetype did you export? Is it TIXBASIC or TIBASIC? Or something else?

Are you sure that Classic99 DSK1 is configured to FIAD and to that path? Try loading another File from that path.

Try to open the File WEB99 in TI99Dir. Did it recognize it as Basic Program?

sounds good, thx ;)

Yes, I deleted the christmas-index before building my own index, to get an overview of my files.

But this looks here as I can do 2 installations in 2 folders, one "Christmas", and one with my Index.....

Yes of course I have many disks (DSKs) more than once, as I have stored them i.e. in a targetfolder in my structure,

where they are detailed sorted by categories, to find them quick.

And I have them second in the collection from people, from magazines, from libraries, from usergroups, a.s.o

And I want this doubles, as I want to have and to save the legacy of this collections.

Hi,

Is it possible to have a new right-klick-function, to open an windows-explorer with the containing path here ?

This would be a great help for me.

attachicon.gifopen.JPG

I wonder what is the task you are trying to achieve after you jumped to Windows Explorer and that path.

And whether I can change Web99 in order that you achieve it within Web99.

Do you want to see the rest of the content of that TI Disk? Do you want to have a treeview with only that Disk?

Do you want to copy that TI Disk to some place?

• Like 1

For me it's working. Which file and which filetype did you export? Is it TIXBASIC or TIBASIC? Or something else?

Are you sure that Classic99 DSK1 is configured to FIAD and to that path? Try loading another File from that path.

Try to open the File WEB99 in TI99Dir. Did it recognize it as Basic Program?

it was as TIXBasic exported (Bomber, 48K? size, if this number in the 2nd column is the size),

DSK3 is FIAD here (I´ll try DSK1 tonight), and the path is working for other files.

post-41141-0-92196800-1451323053_thumb.jpg

Error in XBasic:

post-41141-0-44488700-1451322950_thumb.jpg

If I run TIBasic, the OLD DSK3 works, but if I run the proggie I get shredder/errors

post-41141-0-01739700-1451322877_thumb.jpg

If I use another program, IT WORKS. Maybe this bomber was bombed ? :)

AND: The index shows me this .DSK where the bomber comes from, 3 times.... maybe this is part of my issue ?

post-41141-0-79589400-1451323301_thumb.jpg

Edited by schmitzi

I wonder what is the task you are trying to achieve after you jumped to Windows Explorer and that path.

And whether I can change Web99 in order that you achieve it within Web99.

Do you want to see the rest of the content of that TI Disk? Do you want to have a treeview with only that Disk?

Do you want to copy that TI Disk to some place?

Today is used it to find a desired TIfile inside a DSK-File, and then I had to jump into this folder to get this DSK-file

And it is much more work to walk through the path, the just to do a right-klick, of course :)

I want to have some option in the Relations Tab to show&hide the other Ti Files on that Disk in some other color. And/or start a new search with a right click.

If your target is starting an emulator or copying that disk image to a certain location, I can try to automatize this. Classic99 is working more or less. I still don't like having the filename hardcoded to Web99 there but there are certain ascii characters used for TI Files that are not allowed as characters for PC Filenames and I didn't dare to ask Tursi yet about the proper mapping, he was quite busy lately on Backup/Server Data losses.

Of course Mess should be on the list of supported emulators. It just needs some time. Then your step and the step afterwards will be no longer necessary.