IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

This version of the box is more properly known as a G-Sim. The ones called GROM boxes actually had pre-programmed ROMs in them (also known as a CEC 9914). I have one of the GROM boxes that was built to simulate a Plato module, and another that simulated a couple of game cartridges. TI built at least two other GROM simulation devices in the US: an EGROM box (with at least two board variants that are effectively identical software/function-wise), which was a much smaller version of the CEC 9914, and the EGROM cartridge board (often found in prototype cartridges that needed no more than one ROM and one GROM).

In Europe, the G-Sim was built as a PEB card with the cartridge on a cable inserted into the console (only four of these are known to survive). The console included in this auction looks interesting, as it's the first one I've seen with that particular modification of the cartridge port.

• Like 4

Claudio (not me), a famous computer collector in Austria, visited one of our monthly TI meetings with this very same console. It was US only, and he didn't have the Power Adapter nor a Display for it. As I only come with the VGA monitor for my F18a TI-99, we had no chance to start/test the console. I was curious to read out the ROM/GROMs.

If I remember right, the mod was not too big. the GROM port connector each console has was a Y-splitter, one keeps going to the cartridge port, the other backwards which is why the cut in the case was done.

We disassembled the console and took some pictures of the console, even funny ones where we act silly by trying to connect the navarone expander at the back. I should have the photos somewhere.

He doesn't have the GROM simulator for it. He has a CDC console too, which I took pictures off.

Very nice mantadoc. Congrats. Bill Gaskill has a whole chapter in his Cartridge Collector's Guide on that device. Can you start a dedicated thread for us to participate once you have it? In total there have been 22 different dsdd disks with cartridge software for this device. We should try to get all of them to you. And I would love to support the format of these grom/rom images in Web99 as export option, so you can even run Rasmus Cartridges from them :).

I think I found the loader that can be seen on the auction (green display) on a few disk images of mine. More in the dedicated thread.

Thanks :) oh this guide.. i have it someplace , got to read :) , yes.... i will love to share info about this unit if i can :) even bring it to the next tref in copenhagen if it will be there ... Richard

Purely for educational and drooling purposes, might I humbly suggest making a ...

pdf-icon-copy-min.png

... so the rest of us poor slobs can see what we're missing?

• Like 1

Talk about CHEAP!

I need to do some some transferring of stuff to a CF card, but cannot find my USB gadget for the life of me, so instead of wasting any more time, on like the 34th attempt, I said, "The heck with it", and decided to spend the approximate $25.00 bucks for another one... only to be shocked at how CHEAP You can get one with postage included...

... for a $1.49! No kidding! << Check it out! >>

So if you need a CF card reader for something like a Nano-PEB, now is your chance to get one dirt-cheap, most of them have already been sold.

Cheap Chinese Crap (CCC) it's good if it works! We'll see.

post-35324-0-60838500-1450738358_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

This Ebay seller appears to think that I have no ethics. He wants to BUY positive feedback.

Sorry dude, I'll not be party to misleading other Ebay shoppers.

I always doubted the validity of the feedback system, but if this crap is allowed to go on, it's obviously MEANINGLESS.

Report them. That is directly violating eBay policies.

This Ebay seller appears to think that I have no ethics. He wants to BUY positive feedback.

Sorry dude, I'll not be party to misleading other Ebay shoppers.

I always doubted the validity of the feedback system, but if this crap is allowed to go on, it's obviously MEANINGLESS.

Unbelievable !!!! You did the right thing and stood to your feedback irrespective of the bribe. Well done.