IGNORED

CF7+ power supply

DavidC

Oh, I'm a bit late to this thread, but I also have a fairly old CF7+ with external power, which looks different from the one shown here. My version needs at least 7.5V, according to the seller. I've been using it with a 9V power supply for years now. You really need to make sure which version you have there.

uih, thats´s news.... do you have a VoltageRegulator VRM on your CF7 ? Did this ever exist ?

Is it possible to get 1 or 4 nice pics from your device, for the collection ? :)

Maybe from the power-supply too ? with imprints. Doesn´t matter if it is a universal one,

it´s just to have a fitting pic for the docu.

thanks

EDIT: ah yes RickyDean also wrote about the VRM :)

Edited by schmitzi

uih, thats´s news.... do you have a VoltageRegulator VRM on your CF7 ? Did this ever exist ?

Is it possible to get 1 or 4 nice pics from your device, for the collection ? :)

Maybe from the power-supply too ? with imprints. Doesn´t matter if it is a universal one,

it´s just to have a fitting pic for the docu.

thanks

EDIT: ah yes RickyDean also wrote about the VRM :)

Schmitzi, I pulled the regulator and am only using a 5 volt supply now. When I pulled the reg, I also socketed the board for ease of replacement of all chips, but I still for some reason, cannot use a 32k memory chip in the socket or the system locks up, I have checked for bridged solder connections and all to no avail. I sort of think that when I ordered the replacement XILINX CPLD's that jamie sent me one for a non- 32k board, but he never replied when I asked him if that was a possibility. So right now it can access the cf card without the 32k, but with it, locks up the TI.

• Like 1

Hi RickyDean,

a friend of mine once read out one of my nanos (don´t know which version at this moment)

Is this someting that can help, maybe ? These are jedec-files.

A pic tells me that it was a chip named "Xilink XC9536 PC44AMM1137 F4294054A 10C"

Maybe one step is to exchange pics from our nano´s (I have 4) to see what chips are used where ?

I should tell you that I do not have these skills like other great people here in the forum have,

like understanding schematics, soldering and these things. Just that you know about :) :)

xXx

Hi RickyDean,

a friend of mine once read out one of my nanos (don´t know which version at this moment)

Is this someting that can help, maybe ? These are jedec-files.

A pic tells me that it was a chip named "Xilink XC9536 PC44AMM1137 F4294054A 10C"

Maybe one step is to exchange pics from our nano´s (I have 4) to see what chips are used where ?

I should tell you that I do not have these skills like other great people here in the forum have,

like understanding schematics, soldering and these things. Just that you know about :) :)

xXx

Mine is a CF7+ not Nano, but I will take some pictures tonight and load them tomorrow, as I am currently at work. I appreciate your offer, your a good TI'er :)

• Like 1

Here's my CF7A+ ... There are many like it, but this one is mine. The TI connector is face down on the bottom. Note the angle of the CF board, so it's kind of hard to fit into a case.

post-35214-0-23501200-1452616804_thumb.jpg

I'm actually not sure why I keep referring to it as CF7A+ instead of CF7+. I was absolutely certain that my version officially had the A in the name, but now I cannot find any references anymore. I'll leave it to our curator to find a name for it for the List. :)

• Like 2

Here's my CF7A+ ... There are many like it, but this one is mine. The TI connector is face down on the bottom. Note the angle of the CF board, so it's kind of hard to fit into a case.

attachicon.gifcf7aplus.jpg

I'm actually not sure why I keep referring to it as CF7A+ instead of CF7+. I was absolutely certain that my version officially had the A in the name, but now I cannot find any references anymore. I'll leave it to our curator to find a name for it for the List. :)

Great, thanks a lot :)

I did not know about CF7A+ and CF7+, have to find out now.

The website tells CF7+ is latest version, the manual is for the CF7A+..... (?)

Regarding the WebSite the CF7+ seems to be the newer version.

Is it possible that the serieal nanoPEB v1 is NOT running with HDX, especially with the modded version CFHDXS1 ?

The WebSite implicates that, if you scroll down between features of V1 and V2.....

Maybe there is a similar difference for the parallel patched CFHDXP1 ??

Maybe this was the reason I desperatly gave up HDX last year, trying it with the V1 ?

xXx

PS: Maybe there was one more version of the serial V1 or V2, WITH F18A-compability ?

Maybe this was the reason I desperatly gave up HDX last year, trying it with the V1 ?

It's my understanding that the Nano-PEB will only transfer files to and from a PC, which may be why you gave up, because it's futile.

Besides being a flaky device, Nano-PEB's are NOT 100% compatible with the TI when it comes to communications, heck you cannot even run a program like Telco or TIMXT, it's very frustrating and limiting to say the least.

If you want to be able to load or run programs directly via HDX, you'll need to have a P-Box with a modified Texas Instruments brand RS-232, nothing else works AFAIK.

• Like 1

yes, exactamente, akey-flakey, that´s what I learned about.

But I thought, as there IS special-SWAT-patched HDX-software,

especially for the nanoPEB, (CFHDXS1 + CFHDXP1), that HDX should work ?

So I tried it, wasting evening by evening, week by week, incl nerving many people :) (You can see my pic-stories on FB)

And in the end, there were 3 destroyed nanoPEBs, not knowing what happened to them.

WebCharter helped me out by changing/repairing 2 of them (thanks!), one arrived dead, but no prob,

and I also was able buy some new ones in the last 12 month.

yes, exactamente, akey-flakey, that´s what I learned about.

But I thought, as there IS special-SWAT-patched HDX-software,

especially for the nanoPEB, (CFHDXS1 + CFHDXP1), that HDX should work ?

So I tried it, wasting evening by evening, week by week, incl nerving many people :) (You can see my pic-stories on FB)

And in the end, there were 3 destroyed nanoPEBs, not knowing what happened to them.

WebCharter helped me out by changing/repairing 2 of them (thanks!), one arrived dead, but no prob,

and I also was able buy some new ones in the last 12 month.

CFHDXS1 works fine with both my nanoPEBs v1. They also work fine with the F18A.

• Like 1

perfect ** so last question from my side to that: you have a VRM module mounted ? or IS 7.5Volt-system ?

:)

Seeing as I have no idea what a vrm module is, I'm assuming it's meant to run on at least 7.5v.

I posted a photo a little while ago of my CF7+ I bought it years ago, maybe like 8 years ago. Probably the first version ever made.

• Like 1

Great, thanks a lot :)

I did not know about CF7A+ and CF7+, have to find out now.

The website tells CF7+ is latest version, the manual is for the CF7A+..... (?)

Regarding the WebSite the CF7+ seems to be the newer version.

Is it possible that the serieal nanoPEB v1 is NOT running with HDX, especially with the modded version CFHDXS1 ?

The WebSite implicates that, if you scroll down between features of V1 and V2.....

Maybe there is a similar difference for the parallel patched CFHDXP1 ??

xXx

PS: Maybe there was one more version of the serial V1 or V2, WITH F18A-compability ?

serial either nanopeb v1 or v2 9902 or 16550 uart will work with the latest cfhdxs1 or the patched.. the version that is on xb27 suite works on both I believe

parallel doesn't work at all except for the original cf7 which had to have a hardware mod, see fred's site for more info.. i have had zero success getting mine (newer) to work as there's no way to mod it different design

Greg

• Like 1

Schmizi, Here are pictures of my two CF7+'s, note the one with the red circle, thats where the voltage regulator sit until I pulled it. As a side note, though I'm not as electronically inclined as say the Insane Multitasker, I do believe that the VR needs a couple of volts over its stated rating to actually do something. Thats why the 7.5 volt worked.

post-41593-0-89744900-1452689919_thumb.jpg

post-41593-0-83724700-1452689920_thumb.jpg

post-41593-0-22521200-1452689922_thumb.jpg

post-41593-0-72143300-1452689923_thumb.jpg

post-41593-0-95215100-1452689924_thumb.jpg

post-41593-0-27935700-1452689926_thumb.jpg

post-41593-0-52579900-1452689927_thumb.jpg

post-41593-0-73207800-1452689928_thumb.jpg

• Like 1