IGNORED

Vectrex Homebrew Roms

Manoau2002

The best ones you have to buy, unfortunately. Like Protector / Y.A.S.I. (Defender/Space Invaders), Vector Pilot (Time Pilot).

John Dondzilla's site: http://www.classicgamecreations.com/files.html has some good homebrews. He made Birds of Prey (Phoenix) which was my favourite until Protector, but I don't know if the rom is available.

Fury has some (5) of his games for free here: http://www.furyunlimited.com/_sgg/m1m7_1.htm

Hope that is a start...

The best ones you have to buy, unfortunately. Like Protector / Y.A.S.I. (Defender/Space Invaders), Vector Pilot (Time Pilot).

Are they being sold as rom files or in catridge form? I may eventually buy some homebrew vectrex games in cart form but I am already buying homebrew colecovision games and I think to expand to another system right now would be more than my current finances can allow.

Now that I think about it, Protector is available to download. Did you get a flash cart, or are you using emulation?

I know what you mean. Colecovision and the Vectrex are similar in regards to homebrews. Usually around $60 and the ROMs aren't available. The Atari 2600 and 7800 are so much more open with source code and rom files it is kind of sad to see the greed in collecting for the Vectrex and Colecovision.

I know what you mean. Colecovision and the Vectrex are similar in regards to homebrews. Usually around $60 and the ROMs aren't available. The Atari 2600 and 7800 are so much more open with source code and rom files it is kind of sad to see the greed in collecting for the Vectrex and Colecovision.

I do really like the CIB Colecovision releases. They are of top notch quality and its nice getting the manual and box. ( I buy loose original games) Once I own a few more original colecovision games and pay off a couple debts Ill look into buying some homebrew vectrex releases. I think Ill eventually collect the original vectrex games CIB. Because of the small game library it should be cheaper than many other systems to collect CIB. (except for the imager that is)

If we could get revival studios to continue development of VexOS BASIC I bet we would see more homebrew.

http://www.revival-s...com/vexosbasic/

Look what batari BASIC did for the 2600 :)

Seriously, when is he going to make an announcement about this? Hell, even an acknowledgment that the project has been cancelled would offer some closure. Instead he's left the sentence wide open, driving me bananas in the process. Come on, Martijn! Show us what you got!

No, although they have seen a recent revival. Of the recent releases or upcoming, Vectrexians and Vector Pilot from Kristoff Tuts have overlays, the in-shipping Warrior from George Pelonis has one. In the past Logo and Star Sling had them in limited form, along with the limited version of Protector, VecSports Boxing and VeCaves.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know where I can get a rom of Vector Pilot ? I need it for my video. Let's Compare ( Time Pilot )

Ask the author directly.

He is slow to reply to email (unless you are ordering), but seems very nice.

You will also need to be able to run a 64K rom, sometimes VecMulti fails, Mayeos Burner/Dumper seems to work in 64K mode. Emulation it is just not worth looking at, until emulation is able to recreate the brightness, persistence, surrounding glow, etc.

Kristof's e-mail can be found on his website when you click to order a game.

Does anyone know where I can get a rom of Vector Pilot ? I need it for my video. Let's Compare ( Time Pilot )

I wouldn't ask for a ROM for this purpose and i don't understand why the author would give you one.

In this case the author seems like a really generous guy so he might actually agree to it. But you can't properly display this game without the overlay anyway. If you have a Vectrex, Vector Pilot is a mandatory purchase. That the author is still producing and selling the complete game with a professionally manufactured overlay is really special, awesome for the scene and completely without precedent. .. I don't know that any of the other homebrew overlays compare in quality (so far) and they ALL were made in very limited quality, now unattainable to the casual collector.

Edited by gliptitude

No Warrior ROM. According to his site there are about 50 pre-order Warrior games remaining to ship still. If you look at the games that he has released ROMs for and when they were released relative to the cartridge distribution, it will probably be years before Warrior is released as ROM and it might NEVER be released. I,Cyborg hasn't gotten a ROM release and it is older than most of the games that he has released as free ROMs.

• Like 2