IGNORED

Lynx LCD Replacement/VGA-Out by McWill

Jungsi

A lot of connectors could be an option.
The LYNX mod doesn't provide the SCART signal. The GG mod provides the SCART signal, but the GG games then are small on TV. The GG games are only on VGA in fullscreen (and of course on the internal 3.5" TFT).

Edited by McWill

A lot of connectors could be an option.

The LYNX mod doesn't provide the SCART signal. The GG mod provides the SCART signal, but the GG games then are small on TV. The GG games are only on VGA in fullscreen (and of course on the internal 3.5" TFT).

I noticed in a video that with your mod screen the game gear carts still fill the screen and the master system carts do too, is this correct?

I have a game gear here that i repaired and it would still shut off after one second, but after removal of the backlight inverter it works fine.

I noticed in a video that with your mod screen the game gear carts still fill the screen and the master system carts do too, is this correct?

I have a game gear here that i repaired and it would still shut off after one second, but after removal of the backlight inverter it works fine.

Yes it does, unlike the old RGB mod that doesn't zoom GG games to full screen. It's what makes this mod a whole lot better than the old RGB mod, full screen, multiple mode including full LCD and square pixels (slightly less than full screen) plus scanline mode.

Yes it does, unlike the old RGB mod that doesn't zoom GG games to full screen. It's what makes this mod a whole lot better than the old RGB mod, full screen, multiple mode including full LCD and square pixels (slightly less than full screen) plus scanline mode.

Couldnt be more perfect ;)

Ive got 5 more Game Gears coming, so once i see how many of those are not too badly damaged from leaking caps ill look at making an order, got 2 Lynx 2 consoles here too both working, so ill be up for a fair few mod sets i reckon, including my Nomad.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm here only to leave a BIG POSITIVE FEEDBACK to the McWill LCD mod for Atary Lynx II.

The screen is amazing!!! Better than PS VITA! ;)

Only some patience to install the cables (i used a IDE flat cable) and TADAAAN! Wonderfull experince!

Mattia

Just curious, but does anyone know if the inside of the blue GG is the same as the others? I figured it would be fun to LCD MOD a blue one since there are not as many of those around.

I have 2 blue "Sports" edition GG and they are both 837-9024 VA1 (1 ASIC). Here's the inside:

post-41713-0-59782900-1455210927_thumb.jpg

Edited by Krip316

I know I asked this a while ago (last May as it turns out), but is there someone in the US doing installs? I have zero soldering skills so there's no way I can do this mod on my own.

I'll be offering the service. I already do GG recaps, but should have some screens in soon for that portion.

Just finished a GG LCD Mod and McWill is a genius!!

I found no problems at all, the instructions were very clear and it worked first time. The screen is amazing!!

I repair console for a living, retro all types, be repairing the GG for around 5 years and this is the best Mod for the console! The brightness and full screen colours are beautiful. It's smooth as silk in game play. I have already lots of friends who want this LCD. i will be buying more! If anyone in the UK wants this doing as a service let me know.

Whew, just did my first GameGear screen today. Nice unit, but man it's a lot more work than the Lynx II. I would like to add, that I used 30 gauge Kynar (mod) wire, and that works fantastic. Since I have a nice wire wrap stripping tools, its easy to cut and strip the wires, they're also very thin. Much easier to work with than old IDE or ribbon cables.

P2270253_zpsze9k1mve.jpg

P2270252_zpsyr0dcx5j.jpg

Now that I know what I'm up against, next time I'll route the wires better.

• Like 1