IGNORED

The Official 2016 COPTER COMMANDOS High Score Competition

Rev

I do not really understand what you mean. I wanted to play, so its my fault? I do not really know what I have done wrong :-/

If I make plans and have prizes for a predected amount of players and not a lot of people participate. Its just a waste of my time and money.

But its fine. Future games will have goodies from the start included.

I do get your point. On the other side: If you put all that goodies into the games for free there is no motivation to play them. So if you would only give them to players in the future may some will think about putting it unplayed in the shelf or maybe try out a bit to make a good score ;) No doubt, the participation is a shame, but as stupus said it also was a bit confusing (even if I do not think its a reason for many players).

I mean man, I have absolutely no right to ask for any kind of goodies, prices or something like that, so if you will not do this again its ABSOLUTELY FINE since you do much for the community in releasing the games for a very nice price, but at least I do like these kind of events very much and it would be a bit sad it its really the last of its kind.

By the way: I would also appreciate contests without such awesome prices (even with prices at all). Of course they are very motivating, but they are not everything.

Edited by Ignorama

This was supposed to be just for fun after all (as stated in the OP), I didn't take this competition as seriously as say, Christmas Carol, which I practiced religiously. I do plan to at least top my previous score on CC. I've just been busy as of late. :-)

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85

This was supposed to be just for fun after all (as stated in the OP), I didn't take this competition as seriously as say, Christmas Carol, which I practiced religiously. I do plan to at least top my previous score on CC. I've just been busy as of late. :-)

Wait, what? I thought the Christmas Carol competition was fun... :(

Wait, what? I thought the Christmas Carol competition was fun... :(

No don't get the wrong idea, Christmas Carol was fun! I was talking about a better Copter Command score at the end of that post though, too many "CC's" :P

It all must be fun or else I wouldn't bother in the first place.

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85
  • Like 1

If I make plans and have prizes for a predected amount of players and not a lot of people participate. Its just a waste of my time and money.

But its fine. Future games will have goodies from the start included.

I just found this on a INTV FB group page.....looks like fun, I'll definitely submit a score by the end of the month! Currently in 2 other high score comps.... (Atari.IO - Dig Dug & 1Kade - Pac-Man).

4 days left. Any last minute players out there? Bueller? Bueller?

I will post a score this weekend. Rain or shine. Come hail or high water, I will post a score. I promise.

I don't promise it will be a good score, but it will be a score, nonetheless.

-dZ.

There are plenty of prices, so dont be intimidated :) And a little tip: Do not play aggressive. Move on slowly and don't try to be a hero. I made a little sketch to explain it.

The grey odject is the copter. The black objects are the convois, but you can completely ignore them. If you keep more alive you get more points, but even if all get destroyed its not that terrible, better than losing copters. The red lines should symbolize the radius of movement of the enemies. The blue line is the borderline between the safe area and the dangerous area. In fact, you can stay outside the radius of movement of the enemies and kill them. Its not that easy, because the enemies do not fly from one border to the other. Sometimes they turn around earlier, sometimes they come pretty near. You have to be patient. If they do not come, just wait for them. On the radar you can see if the upper, lower or the middle one will be the next in your shooting range. And jets are much faster than copters, so kill jets first if possible. I would not advise to fight three enemies insight the radius of movement. If there is only one enemy left its pretty safe even in that area. And last but not least: I played the game from left to right. Its also possible to play it from right to left, but for me it seems much harder. If you play it from left to right, you actually could stay where you start, because all the convois and accordingly all the opponents move towards you slowly. But its not pretty smart, because I guess it would take days to loop the score if you are waiting for all opponents ^^ If there are further questions, or if I pointed out things mistakable, just ask.

post-35236-0-95213500-1456535459_thumb.jpg

• Like 2