IGNORED

ATR Tools

AtariGeezer

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone wants to check out the Alpha version of the Win32 conversion, this is it...

attachicon.gifATRTools.zip

attachicon.gifDemo1.PNGattachicon.gifDemo2.PNGattachicon.gifDemo3.PNG

Dear Jay,

while installing your tool, I got an alert from PANDA free Antivirus.

Ereignisse Datum/Zeit Status Weitere Details

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Virus erkannt W32/Exploit.gen 01.01.2016 14:45 Nach Neustart Datei gelöscht Speicherort: C:\Users\xxx yyy\Desktop\ATRTools.exe

I guess, this is a false alert?

Greetings

Stefan

Dear Jay,

while installing your tool, I got an alert from PANDA free Antivirus.

Ereignisse Datum/Zeit Status Weitere Details

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Virus erkannt W32/Exploit.gen 01.01.2016 14:45 Nach Neustart Datei gelöscht Speicherort: C:\Users\xxx yyy\Desktop\ATRTools.exe

I guess, this is a false alert?

Greetings

Stefan

I checked it with 50 antivirus tools at virustotal.com. All clean.

Maybe yours has gotten corrupted.. check it at virustotal.

Edited by russg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This update adds viewing of LJK Dos based disks fom Letter Perfect and Spell Perfect, Dictionary Disks do not have a directory...

Also, you can now view Tokenized Basic XL, Basic XE, Basic A+ and Turbo Basic files :)

Basic XE viewing still has one glitch where some lines have 2 extra bytes after a "New Line" Token (0x16) which doesn't correlate to the Size of Line byte or Next Statement Pointer...

I did however determine that sometimes after a "THEN" Token (0x1B), there is byte that refers to the Size of Line byte, which should be skipped...

ATRTools-023.zip

• Like 4

Amazing little tool!!! I am really happy to see you are still working on it as well AtariGeezer. I've been using 'makeATR' for many years now and while that programme does work - more or less - it seems to have quite a few quirks about which images it will or won't open.

Many thanks for putting so much time in to this.

Will 'ATRTools' always remain an offline disk image editor, or is there potential in the future for it to become something along the lines of a 'RespeQT' or 'APE'?

Amazing little tool!!! I am really happy to see you are still working on it as well AtariGeezer. I've been using 'makeATR' for many years now and while that programme does work - more or less - it seems to have quite a few quirks about which images it will or won't open.

Many thanks for putting so much time in to this.

Will 'ATRTools' always remain an offline disk image editor, or is there potential in the future for it to become something along the lines of a 'RespeQT' or 'APE'?

Yes, that is the plan to include APE / RespeQT support in the future. After I finish the "CheckDisk" option and saving files to images other than DOS 2 and SpartsDos FMS types, I'll get right on it :)

• Like 1

Yes, that is the plan to include APE / RespeQT support in the future. After I finish the "CheckDisk" option and saving files to images other than DOS 2 and SpartsDos FMS types, I'll get right on it :)

:) :) :)

I dare say everyone has there own list of the 'most important' DOS formats to import. 'DOS XE' is my personal hobby-horse at the moment... In truth anything that cuts down on the need to use Altirra as a middle-man in data conversion between images with one format and the next is massively useful entirely on its own. To be honest I think that functionality is more useful than the SIO2PC front end.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just started playing around with this tool. I like it. :)

A couple of things though. I was trying to use it to rebuild an SpartaDOS X .atr image. This image contained the SDX rom file to be flashed. I wanted to change the rom file in the .atr image.

There are a total of four files in the original .atr image. I tried two different approaches.

1. First I tried simply extracting all the files except the rom file. Then I planned to combine them with the new rom file into a new .atr image.

I was able to extract two of the three files I needed to. However the one remaining file would not extract. It was the 'Main' file.

2. Second I tried to simply delete the rom file. Then I planned to add the new rom file in it's place.

The program crashed.

The .atr file in question is SDX447_sdx_reimage.atr

Can you help with either option?

1. However the one remaining file would not extract. It was the 'Main' file.

2. Second I tried to simply delete the rom file. Then I planned to add the new rom file in it's place.

The program crashed.

1. The MAIN file isn't a file, but rather the name of the ROOT Folder and can not be extracted or viewed...

2. Fixed...

Typo in Options menu: Create Image

Wow! surprised no one else caught that, thanks :)

I'll post the update just as soon as I complete the SDX Size option for Incognito an Ultimate1MB...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a feature request:

Show a sector map for the whole disk image which shows full, empty, bad and phantom sector (with count).

See the attachment for a "light version" of what I mean (tracks horizontally, sectors vertically)

post-6495-0-55275300-1463321217_thumb.png

I have a feature request:

Show a sector map for the whole disk image which shows full, empty, bad and phantom sector (with count).

See the attachment for a "light version" of what I mean (tracks horizontally, sectors vertically)

attachicon.gifHijack! (1985)(English Software Company)(GB).png

For ATR / XFD images, I can show Full or Empty Sectors and Full, Empty, Crc, Fuzzy, Deleted or Missing Sectors for ATX images. This idea has already crossed my mind and will be added :)

• Like 1