IGNORED

Stuart's TI-99/4A - Internet Web Browser

Omega-TI

If anyone would like this on cartridge I have it available in my store at arcadeshopper.com (With Stuart's permission of course)

https://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/?page_id=11#!/Stuarts-TI-99-4A-Internet-Web-Browser-Solid-State-Cartridge/p/59818264/category=16641011

Greg

I'd love to but it's still very much an evolving program. He's already upgraded it from 8.2 to 9.0 over the past week! I think I'll stick with the disk version until the final product is out :)

(If I put the files on a DSSD-sized virtual disk, anyone know if that will still transfer and work on a N

anoPEB?)

I don't see a reason why not. I use DSSD disks on my CF7+ all the time. The browser files definitely fit on a single DSSD disk, so it's probably best to post the disk image as such.

I got my UDS-10 to work with the browser tonight. I have it connected to a wifi to ethernet converter because my router is 2 floors above my hobby room where the TI lives. I used a standard serial cable with a null modem adapter for the connection. Next I'm going to try the online chess program :)

• Like 3

I joined an open game of chess yesterday on myti99.com, and was assigned black. There was no white move as of yet, but I was still asked to play a move, so I did and now black has moved first! A revolutionary idea for sure :D Obviously some kind of bug. Nonetheless, the ability to do something like online multiplayer chess on the TI is astounding. Way to go Corey :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hmm I'll have to try and fix that bug. It may be data-related since that "open" game had been in open status for weeks and I've changed a couple of things since then.

I did work on it last night and changed it so the opponent's last move is highlighted when you look at the board.

Well it's an historic day! I was actually on the chat with another human! (I'll have to fire up Eliza for when I'm not at the keyboard)

I see that there was a bug that was data-related, so I updated the database to clear my bad message. I think it's allowing for one too many characters in length.

Anyway Omega, thanks for the brief chat. I'll be back in my lab later tonight, but I have to get some grub first.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Stuart has added multi-line text input for his browser (!) It's still being debugged and I'm helping QA it now, but wow is it cool. I will be creating an email client for myti99.com so all registrants will automatically get: <screenname>@myti99.com. I have already modified the chat program to support more lines of input - one line of 42 characters just wasn't cutting it for a proper chat.

Is it April 1st yet? Why is it that when I attach a screen shot image, AtariAge seems to rotate it 180 degrees? I manually rotated the image and re-attached it to compensate, and it still comes out rotated.

The image is here: http://myti99.com/multilinetest.jpg but AtariAge rotates it for some reason.

multilinetest.jpg

Edited by ElectricLab
  • Like 3

super cool. eMail. Unbelievable :)

ah yes, just doubleclick/open the picture with windows-preview, turn it 90° in any (other) direction,

and press the <right-> or <left-arrow> to go to the next picture (there must be at least another pic in the folder for that, of course),

or just close the Windows-Previewer. So or so, the "new" picture is saved now.

Then - with <right-> or <left-arrow> - navigate back to (or re-open) your tilt picture and just turn it back (90°) to the right view.

If you now exit the windows-previewer again (or go to the next pic), this also will be saved, again.

I don´t know where this info is beeing saved, maybe in the EXIF-data, but it is saved :)

Have the same problems sometimes on Facebook.

post-41141-0-12694700-1458899506_thumb.jpg

post-41141-0-27544500-1458900213_thumb.jpg

post-41141-0-87059200-1458899557_thumb.jpg

:)

• Like 1

yes, maybe it has something to do with the camera, how it is orientated while making the pic.

And this data is also stored in the pic. AA and Facebook seem to use this for thumbnails, or the browsers.

If you do as described before (with windows) this data seems to be overwritten.

• Like 1

TEST:

tilt & strange EXIF-data deleted:

post-41141-0-65162300-1458924323_thumb.jpg post-41141-0-90654900-1458924328_thumb.jpg

Can you see the difference on this 2 pics ?

open & click on "Save" on each, then you can see it ! -> The exif-removed pic KEEPS up-side-down now

So this means, the camera was hold up-side-down (from the cameras point of view) :)

• Like 1

I wasn't holding the camera upside down, but I think the orientation data gets fouled up sometimes due to accelerometer readings being off. I guess I've seen this before with portrait vs landscape with videos taken on my phone, but the strange thing here is that it's ok everywhere - my computer's image previewer, the browser, etc, and it's only AtariAge that is misinterpreting the data when it is creating thumbnails.

• Like 1