IGNORED

Tron Light Cycles for Colecovision - Work in progress

parkfun101

coleco_master should know the answer to that one. I didn't open my shrink wrapped version, but I did open the version that has the Arcade machine on the front and that version has a black shell. I'm not sure if it is different for the LE version or not.

I should take a better picture before sealing them :) The LE Edition have Translucent Case, Clear and bleu...

(10 are blue in front, clear in back & 10 are clear in front, Blue in back)

post-29693-0-45152400-1450585792_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone open theirs? Whats inside the box? How do we know it isn't a rock? :P JK!

Are they numbered inside?

I'm not sure if they are numbered inside, but I hear if you've been naughty, it will be a lump of coal. If you've been nice it will be a nice helping of Kung Pow Chicken. I wonder if you will be able to smell that through the shrink wrap?

• Like 1

Finally defeated the MCP this morning. Wanted to give myself time to comfortably play all the levels through without skipping any first (though I likely would never have reached this level without the endless continues). What a phenomenal game. 2 player mode, great AI, bonus levels, additional hidden bonus screen, all kinds of new features that radically change the gameplay. An all-around win. Thanks again to all involved for bringing this to fruition.

Finally defeated the MCP this morning. Wanted to give myself time to comfortably play all the levels through without skipping any first (though I likely would never have reached this level without the endless continues). What a phenomenal game. 2 player mode, great AI, bonus levels, additional hidden bonus screen, all kinds of new features that radically change the gameplay. An all-around win. Thanks again to all involved for bringing this to fruition.

I'm so glad you enjoy the game, it took 7 months to make, so it is nice to know it worked out well. AtariAge made this game better than it would have been if I had just made it all by myself. The idea for the COOP mode was by you guys on this forum and apparently is one of the coolest features. The Win music was made by my friend Aaron. The MCP, I had thought about making and Tarzilla went ahead and created most of the graphics for it so I took his idea and added some more graphic pieces and made it into a kind of Bonus/Final stage that has doors that open once you collect the disks. Tarzilla also did a bunch of testing which helped me out while I was developing the game. I will say that all the weapons and obstacles were my idea to try to make the game more interesting without making it cheesy. I figured I wanted the weapons to be something that would actually look cool in a sequel to the movie....and if they actually do put any of these ideas in the next movie....I'm sure I will be one of the first in line to see it! :-) Also, the idea of being able to escape may have been from the forum and I added it to the game along with Tarzilla's idea about making it so you have to try to stay alive and for each second you do, you get 100 points. I made the enemy speed up faster and faster till it is almost impossible to avoid getting hit. The longest I have lived on that escape stage is 20 seconds.

• 3 weeks later...

It was a loooooonnnnggg wait for this one, but I finally received my copy after lurking through Parkfun's development posts for the last 1.5 years...

This game is an absolute stunner! Way to go on the true-to-arcade sounds, gameplay, graphics (including the font), and the FUN nature of the game! So happy this is a two-player game, as it was meant for head-to-head competition!

Parkfun101, I think you did an amazing job on this release. I had no idea of your coding skills the first time you jumped on the Forum, when you were looking to overclock the CV's processor. This game is STREAMLINED, rock-solid play, with no flicker, sound, or video lag. Controls are pretty snappy on the grid, and oh those arcade sounds again!

Also, I give you HUGE PROPS on finagling the title change away from copyrighted works, while still maintaining a superb connection to the movie lore we all know and love. Truly impressive!

My only grumble (as a graphic artist) is the choice of colors in the "Light Grid Racing" marquee on the box. The dark colors fade into the background, and it's difficult to enjoy unless you're inches away from the box art. The graphic art itself is amazing though, so great job overall AtariBoy! I am a big fan of your work!

Can't wait to put more hours into this game, an absolute gem to the homebrew community.

It was a loooooonnnnggg wait for this one, but I finally received my copy after lurking through Parkfun's development posts for the last 1.5 years...

This game is an absolute stunner! Way to go on the true-to-arcade sounds, gameplay, graphics (including the font), and the FUN nature of the game! So happy this is a two-player game, as it was meant for head-to-head competition!

Parkfun101, I think you did an amazing job on this release. I had no idea of your coding skills the first time you jumped on the Forum, when you were looking to overclock the CV's processor. This game is STREAMLINED, rock-solid play, with no flicker, sound, or video lag. Controls are pretty snappy on the grid, and oh those arcade sounds again!

Also, I give you HUGE PROPS on finagling the title change away from copyrighted works, while still maintaining a superb connection to the movie lore we all know and love. Truly impressive!

My only grumble (as a graphic artist) is the choice of colors in the "Light Grid Racing" marquee on the box. The dark colors fade into the background, and it's difficult to enjoy unless you're inches away from the box art. The graphic art itself is amazing though, so great job overall AtariBoy! I am a big fan of your work!

Can't wait to put more hours into this game, an absolute gem to the homebrew community.

Good, then you have NO "grumbles" with me since I did not do the box art. ;) AtariBoy did a excellent cover and I love showing people who come over the box art!!!

I am so glad that you enjoy the game, make sure to look at the manual because it has some tips and even codes for the game to allow you to go to any level on the 1P game and also codes to change your bike color. This project was the type of project that I knew I had to get some sort of approval from Tron fans so I wouldn't make them go, "What....that's dumb..." That is what I said when I saw the new Tron movie and the bikes basically just move like regular bikes and not 90 degree angles like the classic movie. To me it is more mysterious and awesome for a fast moving bike to be able to maintain the exact same speed and turn exactly 90 degrees....that is crazy awesome as compared to a bike using regular physics. Users on this AtariAge Forum really helped make this game what it is.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Where can I get a copy of Light Grid Racing? The Collectorvision site is offline.

Indeed,

We're currently re-doing all our website

Once updated, you guys will be able to order directly from it

Meanwhile, you can contact Toby if you want to order a copy

http://atariage.com/forums/user/29693-coleco-master/

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 1