IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

SNK/Playmore announced another new stage and more screen shots of King Of Fighters XIV.

Anthony...

1. Here are the latest KOF XIV screenshots for today!! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

CeoHe3lW4AAZB3j.jpg
    28 retweets40 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
    More
  2. THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV Introduce a new stage!"South America stage" #KOF14 #KOFXIV

Cemn4x_WsAEXQid.jpg
    72 retweets105 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
    More

Hey Harold here playing a little ghost pilots! Glad to see the forum is 2 yrs old - heres to the next 2!!!

Hey Harold,

Thank you for the support and the review on Ghost Pilots. Keep up the great work bro!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hey Guys,

So I'm in need of a little advice. I actually own two Neo Geo X systems. You see I reside on two coasts, spitting my time between NY for 1 month a year, and California for the rest of the year. A few years ago I was given a Neo Geo X at Christmas. I played it for a while, but never got the chance to bring it back from NY, so it's been sitting in a box ever since.

Well recently a friend of mine was moving out of town here in LA, and for helping him pack up and move, he gave me a number of retro gaming consoles and games. Among that lot was a brand new, unopened Neo Geo X along with Mega Pack Vol 1. Now the box is a little worn, but the system is not opened and is basically brand new.

Now my ultimate goal with Neo Geo gaming was to get a consolized system. That goal is not going to change. I just need to finish my research and decide which one I want to get. Right now I'm learning towards the Neo Geo Omega.

So with that said, what do I do with this Neo Geo X? Do I open it up? Should I upgrade the firmware? It's going to be a while before I buy my consolized MVS system. I'd love to get a cheap Neo Geo fix to hold me over. However I've heard nothing but bad things about the Neo Geo X.

I've heard the system is nothing more than Final Burn Alpha running on Android based hardware. Well I can always play FBA on my modded OG Xbox. I'm also wary of reports claiming there is significant input lag when you use the joystick / TV set up. This might be a deal breaker for me. I have a very fast TV with very low input lag. It's always a concern for me. I know CRT is always best when it comes to classic consoles. Unfortunately my house in LA is not set up for a second television.

So what do you think I should do? Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

So I'm in need of a little advice. I actually own two Neo Geo X systems. You see I reside on two coasts, spitting my time between NY for 1 month a year, and California for the rest of the year. A few years ago I was given a Neo Geo X at Christmas. I played it for a while, but never got the chance to bring it back from NY, so it's been sitting in a box ever since.

Well recently a friend of mine was moving out of town here in LA, and for helping him pack up and move, he gave me a number of retro gaming consoles and games. Among that lot was a brand new, unopened Neo Geo X along with Mega Pack Vol 1. Now the box is a little worn, but the system is not opened and is basically brand new.

Now my ultimate goal with Neo Geo gaming was to get a consolized system. That goal is not going to change. I just need to finish my research and decide which one I want to get. Right now I'm learning towards the Neo Geo Omega.

So with that said, what do I do with this Neo Geo X? Do I open it up? Should I upgrade the firmware? It's going to be a while before I buy my consolized MVS system. I'd love to get a cheap Neo Geo fix to hold me over. However I've heard nothing but bad things about the Neo Geo X.

I've heard the system is nothing more than Final Burn Alpha running on Android based hardware. Well I can always play FBA on my modded OG Xbox. I'm also wary of reports claiming there is significant input lag when you use the joystick / TV set up. This might be a deal breaker for me. I have a very fast TV with very low input lag. It's always a concern for me. I know CRT is always best when it comes to classic consoles. Unfortunately my house in LA is not set up for a second television.

So what do you think I should do? Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Dr,

That's great that you have a extra Neo Geo X into your collection. Personally I would keep the unit and use to jailbreak it to play all the other games that can be playing on it. Despite that the system wasn't particularly liked in the Neo-Geo community, it does have its benefits on owning it.

So yes, keep this unit and enjoying by doing some mods to play more than just SNK titles!

I'll provide you some videos on why you should keep this unit and why its a benefit to play the NGX to you Dr.

Here's a video on Jailbreaking a Neo Geo X to play other titles besides Neo-Geo by fellow Neo-Geo member Richad Evans (AKA Retro Rich)

Another great video on why the Neo Geo X is worth purchsing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJxynW2sZ3o

Here's the tool to help you do it Dr.

http://www.superufo.com/products/PC/PC_Computer_NGX_TOOLS.html

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys, hope you are all doing well! **ATT: Anthony***

I stop by today to let the forums know (with the blessing of fdurso224 of course LOL) about a cool

site dedicated to retro records (high scores) called Interghosts Retro Records

This is the place of course where buddy Aaron classic Gamer and i have had our friendly competition of 1942 (nes version)

these past few days (and it's been crazy fun) that being said it would be cool if you guys check it out because the site is fairly new,

there are not many records set (he is allowing scores to be added by its viewers) and the Neo Geo section is pretty barren (as of now)

So i thought it would be cool to have some of the Neo geo fans here to go over and set a high score for your favorite game and

BUILD the Neo Geo section! i believe this would foster great "back and forth"between members of both sites and have fun at the same time.

The rules for submission aren't too stringent, as long as you can provide a "video"proof of your high score run (much easier if you have a Youtube account)

i wont post my records here, respecting that it's not about a neo Geo game, but soon we can build a nice catalog of high scores using Neo Geo as a platform.

And i know for sure there are many great gamers here,

So what do you say guys?

Interghosts Retro records Facebook page: (for score submissions and questions)

Twitter page (for score submissions and questions)

• Like 1

I stop by today to let the forums know (with the blessing of fdurso224 of course LOL) about a cool

This is the place of course where buddy Aaron classic Gamer and i have had our friendly competition of 1942 (nes version)

these past few days (and it's been crazy fun) that being said it would be cool if you guys check it out because the site is fairly new,

there are not many records set (he is allowing scores to be added by its viewers) and the Neo Geo section is pretty barren (as of now)

So i thought it would be cool to have some of the Neo geo fans here to go over and set a high score for your favorite game and

BUILD the Neo Geo section! i believe this would foster great "back and forth"between members of both sites and have fun at the same time.

The rules for submission aren't too stringent, as long as you can provide a "video"proof of your high score run (much easier if you have a Youtube account)

i wont post my records here, respecting that it's not about a neo Geo game, but soon we can build a nice catalog of high scores using Neo Geo as a platform.

So what do you say guys?

post-43382-0-29110400-1459288611_thumb.jpg

post-43382-0-73699600-1459288643_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

And i know for sure there are many great gamers here,
So what do you say guys?

Hey Noel,

Thank for coming by and posting. That's awesome on what you're doing with Neo-Geo high scores and what others to participate.

Really exciting to see this posting and hope others will be interested on doing so.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

More KOF XIV screenshots available to view.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning, were with a gamer by the name of Retr0rob.

Here, we see the gentlemen showing us his Neo-Geo collection with one of his CMVS units that really stand out!

Enjoy!

From the description,

"My Consolized NeoGeo finally game in from Greece. After a bit of cleaning up and repairing it's ready to show you along with a few games I got with it"

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

More screen shot of KOF XIV was posted today.

1. Here are the latest KOF XIV screenshots for today!! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

Cey6c0NXIAAppd3.jpg
    44 retweets67 likes
    Retweet
    More
  2. Here are the latest KOF XIV screenshots for today!! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

Cew2-AdW4AA_tEz.jpg
    65 retweets100 likes
    Retweet
    More

Anthony...

Hey Ter,

Amazing!!!.....Simply amazing!!! This's really a gem of a video that you're sharing with us 23 years later with your Neo-Geo unit in action. Loved that Bart Simpson poster back when he was new, fresh, and cool at the time! Aaaah...I miss the 90's

What also make it awesome, is that two Anthony's were playing it! :-D :-D :-D

The game that was on the screen was NAM-1975. Didn't need to see it, but the sound effects were easily remembered! :)

Thank you Ter for posting this on here. Really shows character on the Neo-Geo thread and how gamers truly showed the love for the Neo-Geo then & now!. :)

Anthony

That room screams 90's, doesn't it? If you look close, there's also a Frank Thomas: The Big Hurt poster up there. His brother even had a Cindy Crawford poser up, lol! It was a gigantic room that all three brothers shared, with three separate beds, multiple dressers, a weight set, and a computer desk (they're playing the Neo-Geo on it) with a Commodore 128 on it!

Too bad it was shot with a low rez, gigantic camcorder. It was so old that I had to strap a portable VCR to my shoulder, and it got under 20 minutes of battery time!

• Like 1

That room screams 90's, doesn't it? If you look close, there's also a Frank Thomas: The Big Hurt poster up there. His brother even had a Cindy Crawford poser up, lol! It was a gigantic room that all three brothers shared, with three separate beds, multiple dressers, a weight set, and a computer desk (they're playing the Neo-Geo on it) with a Commodore 128 on it!

Too bad it was shot with a low rez, gigantic camcorder. It was so old that I had to strap a portable VCR to my shoulder, and it got under 20 minutes of battery time!

That's awesome Ter,

Love to see old VHS camcorder videos like yours/ My grandparents still have their RCA unit with the carrying case still inside their closet. Recordings like this one really adds character seeing that we grew up in the "feel good" 90's and the 16 bit war was really intense at the time!

I can relate to these guys because I shared a room with my brother and everything was full of cluttered goodness! :-D Maybe that's why we get along so well because we enjoyed everything in that room that we shared!

If you have anymore classic Neo-Geo videos and pictures, feel free to shaer them with us Ter. Its always a pleasure seeing them. :)

Anthony...