IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season #7 - Game 2 - Shark! Shark!

*Intellivision HSC Season 7*

(Game 2)

Shark! Shark!

Mattel-Shark-Shark.jpg

Shark! Shark! by Mattel Electronics 1982
It's survival of the fittest in the deep, dark waters of the ocean. And you're just a little fish!

shark_shark.gif

ROM Download Link

http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21591/intellivision/Shark-Shark-1982-Mattel.html

High Score Club Record

124,800 by cparsley

Game Setting

HARDEST (PRESS DISC)

Contest Ends
SUNDAY APRIL 10th 11:59PM EST

(HIGH SCORES)

1. 123,250 Ignorama +15

2. 102,700 JacobZu7zu7 +14

3. 100,950 Oscar G. +13

4. 100,650 LidLikesIntellivision +12

5. 91,350 S.BAZ +11

6. 59,300 darthkur +10

7. 41,550 Mangia-Boy +9

8. 39,450 m-crew +8

9. 30,100 roadrunner +7

10. 5,350 jblenkle +6

Rankings after Game 1 (Mission X)

1. Ignorama [17]

2. Oscar G [15]

3. LidLikesIntellivision [13]

4. JacobZu7zu7 [12]

5. ed1475 [11]

6. MangiaBoy [10]

7. darthkur [9]

8. m-crew [8]

9. S.BAZ [7]

10. jblenkle [6]

11. patbb [5]

12. roadrunner [4]

Games Won

1 - Ignorama (Mission X)

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 5

I had a clinch while I was playing a game of shark shark, swam to near top right edge of screen my fish went gray all of a sudden ,then I couldn't move and it stayed gray. All other fish were moving like normal but would not kill me if they swam over me.. Still couldn't move my fish..... had to reset intv to start a new game... I did tape about 30 sec of it on my phone.. Not quite sure how to post video on here to show what happened..

• Like 2

You guys are too good, I will play all the games in the competition yet stand back, get out of the way, and admire your awesome scores!!! ;-) :thumbsup:

yes we do have great gamers here!!! :) I think if they can get scores like that I can... but no!!!! lol

Fun trying though.

post-34560-0-08683300-1459722306_thumb.jpg

Great score Lid! I accidentally discovered i can bite the shark & it was giving me more points every time. I definitely took a beating getting the hang of it but yeah killing the shark is where it's at :)

it got SUPER tough around 80-90k

• Like 4

attachicon.gifShark! Shark! (Intv) 91350.jpg

Great score Lid! I accidentally discovered i can bite the shark & it was giving me more points every time. I definitely took a beating getting the hang of it but yeah killing the shark is where it's at :)

it got SUPER tough around 80-90k

Well done! Amazing improvement!

I agree, the game gets extremely though at around the 90k. I arrived to this score with more than 20 lives and lost them all in a sigh... I guess we need to change our strategy as the shark's tail is almost impossible to eat. Any ideas?

Liduario's score of more than 100K is incredible! Super! Do you have any tips Lid? :waving:

First try: 102.850

Til 90k points it was a piece of cake. But then the shark goes completely mad. I reached 98k with about 30 lives, but this mad fish was so angry then that I had no chance to get much further. Even its a week to improve that score, I really doubt that I could get the record here. 22k more is a huge step to go.

post-35236-0-96949700-1459748221_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Oh and if you need a tip: Try to keep as many additional lives as possible. If you reach the 85k with about 40-50 extra fishes you have a good chance to break the 100k. But be modest in that score area. If you want to kill the shark: FORGET IT! Its so damn fast and chases you, you will die every single time you try. Just try your luck with small fishes and low scores. Even if you manage to get about 100-200 points with every single fish left at this stage its HUGE.

• Like 4

yes we do have great gamers here!!! :) I think if they can get scores like that I can... but no!!!! lol

Fun trying though.

One of the advantages of the HSC is that we do not share scores but also strategies. There are great players here like Lid or Ignorama that are also very kind and give tips.

So far I recommend you to perfect your shark-tail bitting technique. It is a matter of timing, get the tempo right (the tempo gets faster as your score advances).

Killing the Shark gives you not only big points but extra lives. Accumulate these extra lives for later stages.

By the way, use the Dart option (press number buttons) to escape from tight spots and avoid being cornered at the edge of the screen. Cheers. O

• Like 4

Oh and if you need a tip: Try to keep as many additional lives as possible. If you reach the 85k with about 40-50 extra fishes you have a good chance to break the 100k. But be modest in that score area. If you want to kill the shark: FORGET IT! Its so damn fast and chases you, you will die every single time you try. Just try your luck with small fishes and low scores. Even if you manage to get about 100-200 points with every single fish left at this stage its HUGE.

Completely agree! We have to become very humble and perseverant after the 90K. Thanks for the tips.

By the way, great Mission X score Ignorama! Congratulations my friend!

• Like 1