IGNORED

Season 5 - The New HSC - Weeks 15-16 = Sci-Fi Movie Weeks 2

JacobZu7zu7

it started me off with $5,000

i bought a bunch of stuff, for the first time ever left the store & started vacuuming ghosts until I lost all my money - not sure why.

After that i got the runaround for a few minutes & then the game was apparently over. the manual says to run under Staypuft's legs, but he keeps disappearing before i can even move.

my final score: $0

i was able to vacuum ghosts by running over to the left & setting the trap down on the right side of my guy... press button... have the other guy set his trap facing the first guy but not too close. keep the button held down until i want to fire then hit the button again.

Ghostbusters: $0 $0 $0 $600 Hooray!

I found i had misread the manual (repeatedly).

still, my way of catching slimers is more effective (and that's not saying much).

finally figured out it's the RIGHT difficulty switch to bait the Staypuft.

Star Wars: 11,056

TRON: 33,200

• Like 3

I got my recording setup, well... set up.

Unfortunately the HDMI Upscaler hates my Atari now, using the VCR, unlike before.

I was hoping to do screenshots and videos this time around... but that's not looking to be the case right now. :(

Tron - 47,800

Star Wars - 4,380

Ghostbusters is an all-time top 5 movie for me, but I've never been a fan of games that require using the console switches during play and my current set up makes it pretty much impossible anyway. I'm enjoying Tron a lot more than I expected to though.

post-5573-0-03063300-1461942984_thumb.jpg

post-5573-0-67081200-1461943018_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

GAME STILL IN PROGRESS...

I'm currently in the middle of an epic run on Ghostbusters! I've been playing for over 2 hours now!

post-46307-0-77815600-1462034152_thumb.png

I'll post the final score when the game is finished or when I decide to end it, whichever comes first. I'm starting to lose my mind a little in the monotony and am ready to start drinking beer.

• Like 2

Game Still In Progress...

Just cracked 600K. I've been playing since about 10:15 this morning. Getting kind of bored with it, but, at the same time, I CAN'T STOP!

post-46307-0-57784700-1462054066_thumb.png

I may stop soon, or I may go for 999,999. Also about to crack some barley-pop, so that might ramp up the difficulty a little bit.

• Like 2

NOOOO! Game Over!

GHOSTBUSTERS: 614,500

I had just made the decision to try for 999,999, and then I had a terrible run. Started missing Slimers, then missed a few more, and then there were only 2 Staypuff visits! NOOOOO! I was going for glory!

Oh well. It was quite a run.

post-46307-0-59190800-1462055384_thumb.png
  • Like 3

Ghost Buster

post-32348-0-01352900-1462129653_thumb.png

I think the game is over and I ended with 4000.

What a horrible game. I remember playing the Nes vesrsion and I didn't understand very well what I was doing.

Now, I just got the manual and it's still very confusing.

I had around $3,500 and I was doing a bad job catching ghost.

Then the marshmallow guy came in, I pressed f7-f8, he left screen and I was with $0.

After more bad rounds, marshmellow came twice, I repeated the f7-f8 button smashing and got the 2,000 bonus twice...

So I 'finished' (well I can't play anymore) with 4,000! It doesn't make much sense. Even if I learn how to catch ghost effectively, the game seems to be pretty bad.

Edited by LidLikesIntellivision
  • Like 2