IGNORED

Season 5 - The New HSC - Weeks 15-16 = Sci-Fi Movie Weeks 2

JacobZu7zu7

Ghostbusters: 18,200.

Love that game on the Commodore 64. I still have the sheet with my handwritten account numbers (i.e. passwords). The 2600 version is rather impressive, with all relevant gameplay elements successfully making the transition to the small console. The bad news for me is that I don't yet have the right timing to catch a significant number of slimers - which of course raises the city's PK energy way too fast to profit from a few Marshmallow Men.

Return of the Jedi (AA): 10,281.

Well, I didn't live long to enjoy that extra life...

post-34656-0-54709000-1462180485_thumb.jpg

post-34656-0-54197100-1462180506_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

...and now my only decent joystick broke. This week is going to be brutal for me.

I feel your pain. Yesterday, one of the microswitches in my most favourite Competition Pro failed on me right in the middle of a game of Death Star Battle. The metal lip/feather/blade/whateveritiscalled inside is broken beyond repair and I have no spare microswitch left. Anyone able to point me towards a shop where I can order some new ones that fit into a Competition?

• Like 1

I still haven't had the stomach for trying Ghostbusters, or even reading through the manual :woozy:

Besides, I'm having a blast with the other two games.....

I read the manual a few times but I keep procrastinating playing the game. I'm afraid I'll stink at it just like Venture and Mr. Do!'s Castle.

• Like 2

Ghostbusters is not all that bad. Got to give David Crane credit for not simply making a stupid sidescrolling shooter out of it but do something unusual at the time. I've played the C64 version, NES, Master System and now 2600 versions. Nes version sucks, Master system and 2600 is really okay, C64 is by far the best.

• Like 1

Tron: 51,000

I really ended up liking this game. I have company staying with me for the next week, so I don't know how many more games I'll get in before this week of the season is over. Wouldn't mind a few more cracks at Tron and Star Wars.

post-46307-0-38916500-1462366352_thumb.png

Edited by MGS
  • Like 2

Is any way to avoid getting killed by spawning tie fighters in Death Star Battle or at least a way to mitigate it? I never played it on AA before and I feel like 90% of my deaths are completely unavoidable. The tie fighters just spawn right on top of me. It doesn't seem to make a difference where I am on the screen. Also is it normal for the Falcon to take about 1 second to change direction? I think I fixed my joystick, but maybe not. Just want to make sure.

Is any way to avoid getting killed by spawning tie fighters in Death Star Battle or at least a way to mitigate it? I never played it on AA before and I feel like 90% of my deaths are completely unavoidable. The tie fighters just spawn right on top of me. It doesn't seem to make a difference where I am on the screen. Also is it normal for the Falcon to take about 1 second to change direction? I think I fixed my joystick, but maybe not. Just want to make sure.

Not much chance to avoid those insta-kills. I chose A/A deliberately, because it makes for quick intense games. Sort of a sprint rather than a marathon.

• Like 1

You can't avoid some instant deaths but if you keep the button pressed (especially aiming at a near screen limit) you will have your revenge since some tie fighters will also encounter instant death.

And yes, there's some inertia so you can't change direction instantly.

• Like 1