IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season #7 - Game 5 - Stampede

*Intellivision HSC Season 7*

(Game 5)

Stampede

Activision-Stampede.jpg

Stampede by Activision 1982

The object of this tough little video trail drive is to lasso as many stampeding calves as possible.

stampede.gif

ROM Download Link

http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21615/intellivision/Stampede-1982-Activision.html

High Score Club Record

NONE YET

Game Setting

SLOW COWS (PRESS 1)

Bonus Setting

FAST RANDOM COWS (PRESS 4)

Join the "Activision Trail Drive"
You will receive [+2] bonus points if you score 3,000 points or more.

Contest Ends
SUNDAY MAY 15th 11:59PM EST

(HIGH SCORES) (Game 1 Slow Cows)

1. 17,716 JacobZu7zu7 +15 (Trail Drive +2 / Set record +1)

2. 11,865 Ignorama +14 (Trail Drive +2)

3. 7,320 Oscar G. +13 (Trail Drive +2)

4. 5,935 darthkur +12 (Trail Drive +2)

5. 4,398 retrogamer81081 +11 (Trail Drive +2)

6. 3,911 LidLikesIntellivision +10 (Trail Drive +2)

7. 3,710 m-crew +9 (Trail Drive +2)

8. 659 roadrunner +8

9. 317 jblenkle +7

10. 267 scalpel +6

Bonus Scores (Game 4 Fast/Random Cows)

Set the first HSC record for Game 4 [+1] extra pt)

Reach 6,000 or more [+3!]

Get above 3,000 for [+2]

The 2,999 and below gets [+1]

9,885 Ignorama (+3 / Bonus record +1)

4,200 Oscar G. (+2)

3,513 JacobZu7zu7 (+2)

1,927 darthkur (+1)

1,474 LidLikesIntellivision (+1)

846 m-crew (+1)

Rankings after Game 4 (Pac-Man)

1. Ignorama [62]

2. Oscar G [55]

3. JacobZu7zu7 [44]

4. LidLikesIntellivision [42]

5. m-crew [41]

6. darthkur [28]

7. S.BAZ [27]

8. jblenkle [25]

8. scalpel [25]

10. roadrunner [22]

11. MangiaBoy [19]

12. nd2003grad (new) [18]

13. patbb [12]

14. ed1475 [11]

Games Won

4 - Ignorama (Mission X, Shark! Shark!, Tron Deadly Discs, Pac-Man)

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 2

First Few Goes at this !!! "Awe "is all I can say. Lol

Seems to me there are curtain patterns to the flow of the stampede as well and that black angus.

;p

For some reason I feel for some steak on the BBQ right about now

Lol

post-40874-0-58473000-1462230800_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

Correct, bonus setting counts for setting a new record and for some extra points... not as much as main contest.

And how many in fact? To be honest, it starts to be like it was when Cparsley organized this competition. I won 4 games in a row without any bonuspoints, except the points for the new record in Mission X. If I will fail in this game and another player is just great he could easily overtake me by far. Feels pretty unfair.

I do not like the scoring system at all, because it barely rewards winning, but I really hate different scorings in different games, because its completely unfair to the players who made good results in the games without benefits.

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 1

Not that my opinion means much but I'm all good with it , it gives others chances to catch up if they choose to take the extra challenge. Everyone can choose to try so I see nothing wrong with the you are choosing to this or other games..

Keep up the good work and thanks again for running this years HSC season 7...

cheers to J

• Like 2

Not that my opinion means much but I'm all good with it , it gives others chances to catch up if they choose to take the extra challenge.

This is a competition and for me the first priority is fairness in competitive gaming. Its just not fair to evaluate this game higher then others, its in fact unfair as I pointed out. And why is it a good thing to give a chance to catch up? As I pointed out more than once: The scoring system is pretty weird and in fact my wins mean nothing when I suck at one single game, because my advance is pretty small.

Special scoring is just artificial excitement which looks nice, but its nothing for a real competition. I remember as it was yesterday when I had a huge lead in a older competition and then we started to give multiple points (4x in the last round!) which costed me the winning of the season, while a normal and fair scoring had left no chance to loose the season anymore. And sorry, but that just sucks. I played a lot, I put time into that and now we say "hey, lets make some special scorings". Yeah, very fair :roll:

And as if that wouldnt be enough its not even public how many extra points are given in that side-challenge.

So my desire would be to cut this stupid side challenge and also cut the 2 bonus points. I am sure I will get these points, but it doesnt matter. Its just completely wrong to treat this game different than all the others. If we play it this way, it really harms my passion for this whole contest.

Edited by Ignorama

This is a competition and for me the first priority is fairness in competitive gaming. Its just not fair to evaluate this game higher then others, its in fact unfair as I pointed out. And why is it a good thing to give a chance to catch up? As I pointed out more than once: The scoring system is pretty weird and in fact my wins mean nothing when I suck at one single game, because my advance is pretty small.

Special scoring is just artificial excitement which looks nice, but its nothing for a real competition. I remember as it was yesterday when I had a huge lead in a older competition and then we started to give multiple points (4x in the last round!) which costed me the winning of the season, while a normal and fair scoring had left no chance to loose the season anymore. And sorry, but that just sucks. I played a lot, I put time into that and now we say "hey, lets make some special scorings". Yeah, very fair :roll:

And as if that wouldnt be enough its not even public how many extra points are given in that side-challenge.

So my desire would be to cut this stupid side challenge and also cut the 2 bonus points. I am sure I will get these points, but it doesnt matter. Its just completely wrong to treat this game different than all the others. If we play it this way, it really harms my passion for this whole contest.

Here is what my son tells me on a daily basis and he is usually correct in saying it "Dad, don't be such a bitch!"!

In all fairness though, because I am not deep into the competition you may have a valid point. Good luck! :)

• Like 2

After reading your previous post I feel compelled to also add my two cents.

Actually, I think that Jacob's work with the HSC has been great.
The competition is well organised and above all is both fair AND fun.
I understand your perspective of competitor. However, it seems to me that Jacob's decisions are made for making the competition more fun and not for personal profit or for attacking the leader, as you suggested by comparing him to CParsley. This comparison is inadequate to my mind.
You should bear in mind that the “C” of HSC stands for "Club" and not “Competition”. This is a big difference as a high score club should be inclusive and inviting. We have to be thankful that somebody is taking the administrative load of organising the competition within the club. For me the tournament is supposed to be fun and a personal challenge. My goal is not to win, but to participate and try to do my best in the limited amount of time I have to play.
In my eyes, if your suggestions would be followed, we would have only 2 or 3 people competing at the end. It is nice and fun to have a surprise and open up the competition.
I agree with you that any game of the competition should not be worth 2 or 3 times more than any other or that deadlines are changed.
However, I think HSC should be more a "Mario Kart" than "Twin Galaxies” type of tournament. Everyone should have the chance to shine and to dream that they can win. We can also take part in the extra challenges as well and I am pretty sure that you will (as usual) shine :) No-one doubts that you are one of the best Intellivision players on this side of the galaxy!!!
In terms of the Stampede game, the Activision patch challenge seems to be a good idea as at the time people were all striving to get one of those. Moreover this challenge pushes us all to make a bit of an extra effort, to go beyond our limits.
Have a great day!
  • Like 3

I had to hold off in my response last night after I read that above post... Just didn't want to stir things up. But trust me it wasn't pleasant... .

Well said guys..

Cheers

G

Edited by m-crew

In my eyes, if your suggestions would be followed, we would have only 2 or 3 people competing at the end. It is nice and fun to have a surprise and open up the competition.

This is an invalid point, because exactly this will happen anyway. Fun and surprise winning in a single round is always possible, but there isnt any good point why this shining moment should be rated higher than the moments of others. Thats my point and its not because I am in the lead. I also suggested to cut the bonus points for new records, as you could read, even if it in fact would cost me a point of my lead.

And I am not sure if I will go on shining, because I am really not sure if I will go on with the same effort. I really disliked it in the past and for me it was one point why cparsley was the wrong guy. Of course he did much more than that and even the intention of changing scores by cparsley hat a bad taste (as you sure remember it was when he wasnt in the lead). Nevertheless I never changed my point of view: Its a competition (in fact it is, if it wouldnt be a competition we would not have to post our scores, we could just open a thread about a game every month and talk about that game) and in a competition fairness is the highest goal. Yeah its about fun, but I cant see any fun in randomizing the overall standings by rewarding different games in a different way. Thats completely unfun, so its completely wrong to do such things.

I pointed it out more than once. You have a different view on that. As I also said more than once or twice I will see how I deal with it. I am sure I will go on in some way, but we will see.

Edited by Ignorama

Man , just let it go!!! you went on and on about pac man , you just don't when to stop and let things go... Just enjoy the games , the company and the competition /club . If you can at all... Everyone else is..

If you don't like how things are run, maybe next time you can run and organize something.. Until then chill smoke a big one or what ever will loosen you up... and Relax.. Because really does it matter if you or I who is joining in... No

So don't spoil it for the rest of us..

That's my Rant for the year...

Man these young kids!!!!!

• Like 1

You havent a single argument, but a ton of punctuation marks. Not very impressive. But if you rant, check the facts before. Here you can do it: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/248765-new-hsc-leagues/

Its ironic, but you can find a sentence in there from me in the first post:

Every Round has the same scoring. No fucking multiple points, because it sucks when you win 4 rounds in a row and get blown out just because one single game gets quattro points

So here we are four rounds later :lol: Yep, we havnt 4x points, but a still unknown number of bonus points and the situation I pointed out in February. And if you read the following posts, its not just my single opinion, so who are you to say "we" when you impress your opinion? I quote Lid:

I agree with almost all you've said, except for requiring screenshots for every score and I think rounds with multiple points aren't a bad thing per se. It just can't happen as a surprise.

Well, here we have that, what not just me dislikes. A surprising bonus point game. Out of nowhere.

And even if Oscar and I have different opinions here, back then he wrote this:

I agree with you Ignorama, the scoring system has to be even across the games. In terms of the scoring table that you propose, it totally makes sense to me. There should be a reward for aiming to be at the top spot of the table.

You find other opinions there too. Just read it if you want, its up to you. But do not pretend that its my point of view alone and that you speak for the whole community. I take it much more serious than others, I can't deny that.

And in the matter of "let things go", I could deal with the 15/14/13... scoring, even if I (and not just me, read the linked thread) think its nonsense. I can take it, if the scoring is the same, no problem.

So thank you that you spend your rant towards me, I feel honored, but for me you just seem to miss some things in the past and should definitely point out your opinion as your opinion and not the opinion of the community. I do not claim to speak for anybode else then me and I honestly apologize if anybody had that feeling. But since its a board, a community and a part of this board I really like I don't let you snub me. And as you can read everything which is criticized by me here in this thread was mentioned by me and supported by others before this season even started and before Jacob started to moderate this board. And I also was a part of restarting this part of the board. Lid was the initial spark if I remember correctly, but I did not nothing. I also wrote Albert if you would allow a new moderator.

But its pretty easy why I don't feel like a good moderator. I am ambitious and if I would lead such a competion I would also be in danger too misuse my "power" in choosing games or something like that. And another very easy reason: English is not my mother language and I often recognize that the language border is pretty high. Its not possible to moderate a board, or even just a small part of a board, if you sometimes have problems to understand what the guys around you are talking about.

Edited by Ignorama

I don't see "we" anywhere in my post.

Anyway I'm not going to engage this with you anymore. YES its my opinion . But you are acting like a child that is not getting their way. "In my opinion".

Maybe its better to keep your complaints in a PM. Just MY thought.

Obtw, your just as good in throwing insults and rants are you not... Wow! IS all I have to say.

Lets just say cheers and move on................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

:P :)

• Like 1

And how many in fact?

Catch up (potentialy) on earning more points. Stampede is typically a quick game, so this round has an added variation Game A. I don't see this as an unfair advantage, unless the bonus was NOT open everyone. So to not play a round or bonus is a personal decision, but everyone has a chance to earn points. It might not be exactly how other rounds was played, yes true, and a bit more points are at stake. Can you say the rounds (Uneven/Different) Yes, it is... ... but it can't be unfair unless someone was given free points or stopped from.

One could say that NOT having a game as a kid can badly effect ones HSC performance or ranking in an unfair-like way, but we all got to rise up. Just turn a game round "situation" into an advantage (to whom it may concern) and bonus rounds are never scored more then a main round. So its a challenge... not an unfair advantage as in the past.

Ignorama I guess in other HSC/s or seasons your lead wasn't justified, sorry to hear that, it should have been and records will be ( I will be contacting roadrunner on where chris left off ).

The Season 7 rankings will award a players wins and their consistency in playing. What you put in you will be awarded. No tricks or removal on my time... just show up and play hard ... if you continue it looks you're headed for a season winner.

you could still remain #1 and missed a whole game. If you earned enough points to be able to do that. 2nd place and 3rd place "should" I think be close to your rank, as Oscar and some others have very good scores as do you. if you didn't show your skills for an entire game, I think its not weird IF your ranking slipped or was closer to #2nd.

Ignorama, I do get that you were snubbed in past, but you and the rest of the club won't be dissapointed or unrewarded in Season 7.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 4

Thank you for that statement. Last comment from me to that: If anybody thinks I started this discussion to protect my lead he is wrong. I posted the link to the thread which I started before the competition even started and you can read there that my point hasnt changed a bit. Its unfortunate that I am in the lead, because I understand that it seems to be the reason for my upset. But since I wrote exactly the same already in February I think its not that hard to believe me that its definitely not because I am the leader at the moment.

If the leading would my only goal I also would not give tips how to improve the scores. As you can check I did that for Shark Shark and Mission X during the competition. In Tron I was pretty bad and needed some tips and Pac Man was self explaining I think.

So yeah, I could imagine how this drama seems to you guys, but its defnitely not my purpose to change the rules to my personal favor.

• Like 1