IGNORED

Coleco ADAM Power Supply

Rey

I think you will find I am first in line if someone backs out or decides to sell theirs. I have been waiting for one since 12th May 2013 and made the request on 19th February with several posts since then to say I am still interested to take the place of the next person who drops out. At the moment that is still the case and I will be extremely pissed if someone jumps the queue ahead of me and is offered one.

HEY StarshipUK

Why would you be pissed. You should be happy someone was willing to take on the task of building a power supply for a 30 year old relick. Also, there are many others before you that want someone else spot, so chill out.

Edited by klasko54

I think being pissed off that someone didn't get on the list is disrespectful being that Rey has taken his valuable time to support vintage computers, for very little profit. Its very offensive I think. If you didn't get one, maybe asking nicely for one would be the way to go, or just use an adam printer like the rest of us have for 30 years. Anyone agree?

Well, it's not like he just said a week or so ago, "Hey, I'm selling power supplies..."

The waiting list for the 2nd run of these was announced months ago and there was plenty of time to get your name on it.

I think being pissed off that someone didn't get on the list is disrespectful being that Rey has taken his valuable time to support vintage computers, for very little profit. Its very offensive I think. If you didn't get one, maybe asking nicely for one would be the way to go, or just use an adam printer like the rest of us have for 30 years. Anyone agree?

Edited by jblenkle
  • Like 2

Reread the post - I am not being disrespectful to the creator in any way and have already asked nicely more than once. What pisses me off is people jumping the queue and to be fair I have been looking and asking for one for several years. If I had found this thread earlier I would have signed up earlier. OK??? I probably spend more free time than I actually have and more time than most on this hobby looking for stuff, but sometimes things are still missed as you can't be everywhere and check everything all the time and I am certainly not exclusive here like others. I have also missed out on other items too in the past - specifically the first batch of Enterprise SD Card devices, and I am also at the top of the list for them if a second batch is ever produced and likewise more people are also on the list for them after me. If they were before me I would respect that and not try to queue jump them.

Around the time this was announced I was spending a considerable amount of time preparing and dealing with a difficult court case, which has since been found in my favour but even now is still not fully settled, but am hoping it will be before the end of this month. It has been a difficult time on many levels, as well as having to keep my business running which pays for this hobby. I am also working on recording an album which has also used much of my free time up and you just can't be everywhere with everything at once. Some people can devote themselves to one specific system and cause, but I can't and have an interest in all computers and consoles as a whole, although do have phases which is currently focused on Russian systems more than anything, with most systems having very little English information available it can be challenging.

I am next in reserve on the list being first to post before the other chap - end of story. As for the printer, if I did not get screwed over by a dumb arse American only selling me the base unit and not mentioning I would need a printer to power it, then I would have a printer to power it up. As it stands I live in the UK where this was not released, hence my original lack of knowledge for the system and I have only ever seen one for sale in Europe listed as not working so no use. No other US sellers would ship a working printer over for a reasonable price. As I also take systems from my collection of 160+ systems (which other collectors do not) to retro events for very little profit and sometimes at my own expense, it would also help a great deal having a smaller more portable power unit rather than also having to lug a huge heavy printer around with the system. Hope that explains everything more clearly for you where I am coming from. Carry On.....

• Like 1

Reread the post - I am not being disrespectful to the creator in any way and have already asked nicely more than once. What pisses me off is people jumping the queue and to be fair I have been looking and asking for one for several years. If I had found this thread earlier I would have signed up earlier. OK??? I probably spend more free time than I actually have and more time than most on this hobby looking for stuff, but sometimes things are still missed as you can't be everywhere and check everything all the time and I am certainly not exclusive here like others. I have also missed out on other items too in the past - specifically the first batch of Enterprise SD Card devices, and I am also at the top of the list for them if a second batch is ever produced and likewise more people are also on the list for them after me. If they were before me I would respect that and not try to queue jump them.

Around the time this was announced I was spending a considerable amount of time preparing and dealing with a difficult court case, which has since been found in my favour but even now is still not fully settled, but am hoping it will be before the end of this month. It has been a difficult time on many levels, as well as having to keep my business running which pays for this hobby. I am also working on recording an album which has also used much of my free time up and you just can't be everywhere with everything at once. Some people can devote themselves to one specific system and cause, but I can't and have an interest in all computers and consoles as a whole, although do have phases which is currently focused on Russian systems more than anything, with most systems having very little English information available it can be challenging.

I am next in reserve on the list being first to post before the other chap - end of story. As for the printer, if I did not get screwed over by a dumb arse American only selling me the base unit and not mentioning I would need a printer to power it, then I would have a printer to power it up. As it stands I live in the UK where this was not released, hence my original lack of knowledge for the system and I have only ever seen one for sale in Europe listed as not working so no use. No other US sellers would ship a working printer over for a reasonable price. As I also take systems from my collection of 160+ systems (which other collectors do not) to retro events for very little profit and sometimes at my own expense, it would also help a great deal having a smaller more portable power unit rather than also having to lug a huge heavy printer around with the system. Hope that explains everything more clearly for you where I am coming from. Carry On.....

wow!

first paragraph is whining, 2nd is excuses, and the 3rd complaining. man you covered it all!

if i was REY i would stay away and not sell you anything! but that's just my opinion.

a simple hey if you start another run put me on the list would be sufficient i would think.

Edited by mightywiz
  • Like 1

The Adam was sold in the UK and Europe by CBS Electronics.

The UK had a very large Adam Users Group for years, so there were plenty of Adams in the UK... but I can't attest to the used market there anymore as I have followed eBay UK in a couple years.

AtariAge member PongBeat bought a HUGE lot of Adam Computers a couple years ago that required a large box truck to move. I'm pretty confident that he has Adam Printers available, so I would recommend sending him a PM on here as well as searching for his videos and pics of his tremendous haul. BTW, he lives in France so shipping should be considerably more reasonable.

If I had a spare printer, I would gladly sell you it and charge actual shipping costs... which most people around here will do.

Beyond that, if you contacted Rey and asked to be put on a waiting list in case someone drops out.... you have done all you can and Rey will honor your position.

If you keep gumming up Rey's thread with this stuff, you could very well alienate yourself and make Rey nervous to sell to you.

• Like 1

wow!

first paragraph is whining, 2nd is excuses, and the 3rd complaining. man you covered it all!

if i was REY i would stay away and not sell you anything! but that's just my opinion.

a simple hey if you start another run put me on the list would be sufficient i would think.

If you should be having a go at anyone it should be klasko54 and jblenkle for shit stiring and winding me up. They had no reason to post on comment on this, but they did and I am someone who says things how they are and not sugarcoat things. If I had a printer I would use that and if I had have seen the thread earlier I would have posted earlier. Let's just say I got more than screwed over on the Adam I bought, so I am a bit touchy as a result. I have also lost out on items saying I wanted them and then being forgotten or told "you did not post to the thread for more than a week so I did not think you wanted it" and have lost out to queue jumpers before. As I said before I respect what the creator is doing and hope he is making a few quid out of it to make it worth their while. The long term issue is there are still people asking for these, so obviously there is a bigger demand long term. Personally with such demand I would have restricted sales to one per person if it was me - I can't really understand why so many people bought two as while possible its unlikely they will be using two machines at the same time, and some of us can't even use one. I am passionate about the systems and at the end of the day I just want to get the bloody thing up and running so I can take it to gaming events for other people to see, use and enjoy.

• Like 1

Hey, don't include me in your hate mail. I said nothing wrong toward you. I just said the power supplies had been offered for quite some time. I never even mentioned you. End of discussion.

If you should be having a go at anyone it should be klasko54 and jblenkle for shit stiring and winding me up. They had no reason to post on comment on this, but they did and I am someone who says things how they are and not sugarcoat things. If I had a printer I would use that and if I had have seen the thread earlier I would have posted earlier. Let's just say I got more than screwed over on the Adam I bought, so I am a bit touchy as a result. I have also lost out on items saying I wanted them and then being forgotten or told "you did not post to the thread for more than a week so I did not think you wanted it" and have lost out to queue jumpers before. As I said before I respect what the creator is doing and hope he is making a few quid out of it to make it worth their while. The long term issue is there are still people asking for these, so obviously there is a bigger demand long term. Personally with such demand I would have restricted sales to one per person if it was me - I can't really understand why so many people bought two as while possible its unlikely they will be using two machines at the same time, and some of us can't even use one. I am passionate about the systems and at the end of the day I just want to get the bloody thing up and running so I can take it to gaming events for other people to see, use and enjoy.

• Like 1

1- ed1475

2- TPR

3- arcadeshopper

4- DeanOVision

5- evg2000

6- Tkat5200

7- v_anjo

8- spaceman

9- Sam Bushman
10- Caterpiggle
11- GrizzLee
12- mightywiz
13- CraigL

Tkat5200 is next!
  • Like 2

I received my new power supply from Rey today. I was just going to test it out for an hour with some cartridges and disks. After a while, I looked up at my clock and I've been playing for FOUR hours! It was so great not having to pull out that 50 pound printer and listening to it reset every time I pulled the reset button. :P I put my hand over the vent holes and it was barely warm. The new power supply works like a charm. :thumbsup:

If there is anybody out there who is still holding out buying one of these power supplies from Rey, I would STRONGLY suggest you get on his list. You never know how long that original power supply in your Adam printer is going to last. His power supply is what Coleco should have included with the Adam in the first place.

Three cheers for Rey! :cool: :cool: :cool:

• Like 3