IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season #7 - Game 6 - Thin Ice

I love this game. I am tempted to play along this round, but I had some animosity thrown my way last time when I scored over 440,000 points.. It's probably best if I stay in INTV high score retirement, as playing in any of the high score contests seemed to cause people to dislike me. It's too bad, as I used to love the weekly rush to learn a game and adapt quickly.

Would love to see you back! You are a great player!

1st ever Xmas Carol Champ... you will always be welcome!

Cheers.

• Like 2

27k and a bit. I'll add the pic if I do not improve on sunday.

I play on another console right now and at least it doesnt freeze anymore. But I wonder if my copy is buggy, or if the controls are that crappy. Sometimes my penguin just doesnt move. I know that you can't skate along the visible line, but there are also situations the penguin doenst move in other directions. The controls feel choppy for me and unfortunately the game looks much better than it plays :-/

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 2

27k and a bit. I'll add the pic if I do not improve on sunday.

I play on another console right now and at least it doesnt freeze anymore. But I wonder if my copy is buggy, or if the controls are that crappy. Sometimes my penguin just doesnt move. I know that you can't skate along the visible line, but there are also situations the penguin doenst move in other directions. The controls feel choppy for me and unfortunately the game looks much better than it plays :-/

No issues like that for me, I wonder if its something to do with your copy of the game.

• Like 1

Maybe. On my Sears System the copy makes a lot of problems, like graphic glitches and freezes, on my normal Intellivision it runs without that problems, but there the controls are crappy. Maybe its a PAL problen, because it runs with 50 Hz, but its the first game I notice such problems. I checked the controller with other games, there it works perfectly, so its no hardware issue.

Well, I hope 27k isnt that bad, maybe 4th or 5th position in the finals and may I also get a good run tomorrow.

• Like 2

I love this game. I am tempted to play along this round, but I had some animosity thrown my way last time when I scored over 440,000 points.. It's probably best if I stay in INTV high score retirement, as playing in any of the high score contests seemed to cause people to dislike me. It's too bad, as I used to love the weekly rush to learn a game and adapt quickly.

Hi WisFollower, good to read from you again.

I've made a long post and suddenly I lost all the text when I reloaded another tab in the browser. icon_angry.gif

Well, first I wanted to say you should join if you still think it's a fun way to play Intellivision. I, for one, love this internet format for old systems.

I also would love to play with you again!

Then I wrote a lot about your 440,000 score and what I think was the cause of this animosity you mentioned.

To sum up the most important parts:

1) Strong players are generally praised in the AtariAge HSCs and I'm sure you're no exception. You are welcome back!

2) About the Thin Ice score.

It is not that uncommon that some rules generate big discussions raising doubts about some scores.

Regardless of the outcome, the important part is to handle the situation in an open and friendly way, thus avoiding, misunderstanding, animosity or any bad vibe.

Example of a hard situation solved in a friendly way by SBAZ and our Intv moderator: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/239366-season-4-the-new-hsc-week-22-klax/page-3?do=findComment&comment=3263257

3) I lost two important Intv contests to you (Christmas Carol and D2K) and I didn't hate or dislike you by any means.

Actually, I have good memories from both contests.

P.s.: you can always send me a pm. icon_smile.gif

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Perhaps I will be back sometime soon! I have some stupid anxiety issues, and maybe I allowed myself to be discouraged over nothing. I used to get such a rush pushing myself to get super high scores, and I'm missing that rush lately. I also just got an rgb modded intv recently, so now I need to track down some carts, as I don't have all the classics yet.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Perhaps I will be back sometime soon! I have some stupid anxiety issues, and maybe I allowed myself to be discouraged over nothing. I used to get such a rush pushing myself to get super high scores, and I'm missing that rush lately. I also just got an rgb modded intv recently, so now I need to track down some carts, as I don't have all the classics yet.

welcome back. I remember people most by their avatar. What was your avatar before? Was it a black and white photo? Edited by pimpmaul69