IGNORED

Just dug this up...found a treat from the Roklan Remains

This is what was used just before production as far as that all goes. It is the back up to make sure if anything happened it could still worked on these are original disks just as they were used and exactly as they were.

These are not some recent dis assembled works, but rather the actual disks from all those years ago... if you want everything commented etc. you can do it for you own personal enjoyment... but it's not how this was done.

I will be slowly dumping everything I have. It's up to the person perusing it to find all the tools etc as I do it... for instance the sound editors as well as eprom burner software etc etc was uploaded by myself a long time ago.

This is going to be a mixed bag... I am not checking for each version etc. I am uploading whatever I recover that does not contain errors on disk after cleaning. It will all be there just not in any easily digestable order..... If there are duplicates some may be commented.... or might not.... disk space was at a premium... some have been recorded over a number of times and comments took up space.... only the early parts of the work had much in the way of such space wasting labels and comments. Almost always and in most cases you aren't going to find much of that near completion....

Some one may enjoy it. I know the Atari sound editor upload completed a wish for many people and brought them happiness.... And as I remember there was another one as soon as I find it I will upload that one as well. This is going to be in no particular order and will be of different value to different people..

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 6

Remember to download both disks.

also...

should I upload the qix roms hi mid lo?

I should lay all the disks out take a picture and play pick a disk with my fellow Atarians... who knows what we'll uncover.

Edited by _The Doctor__

I will be slowly dumping everything I have. It's up to the person perusing it to find all the tools etc as I do it... for instance the sound editors as well as eprom burner software etc etc was uploaded by myself a long time ago.

Awesome! At first, I thought you were just doing this for Qix and giggles... nyuk, nyuk!

--Tim

• Like 5

Is it the computer version or 5200 one?

Also, I remember there being a Qix clone around, possibly released before any of the Atari ones. Not sure it had any title screen or other info, I only remember it by the filename of "Quix" (it was a machine code game).

Possibly it was an Antic typein or something?

Many of the files I am looking thru and some of the correspondence shows a large degree of collaboration on a multitude of titles... remember Roklan was not just a developer but also was poised to be the largest publisher of titles before Motorola laid waste to everything (I bet you they realized they shot themselves in the foot a couple years afterwards)...

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

As I have been asked to unload everything.... I will upload the pieces and parts to everything..... it might be just the art or just the music or just the logic to completed works or in some cases unfinished works...

Some one can sort it out and arrange it and move the the posts about whatever it is to there it's dedicated threads if they want.... whoever wants to organize it.... after I complete the slow tedious dump of everything I intend this thread to be deleted... with hope and intent that it will have been organized into something useful... I don't want to be remembered for the mess that this thread will become... :)

Forgive any mistakes I make.... also I will upload a few cpm things Joe said I can let out into the wild..... some have unfortunate names.... they might make sense when the project started but when they evolved into what they ultimately became... the name had little to do with what the finished works actually were.... the name remained both in the software title itself and the disks... imagine a car named bookcase.... ;) I will also add that anything that mistakenly makes it's way out can and will be removed if we need to... I am sure it will be handle in as quick and swift a manner as humanly possible.

Remember this is just the loose 8 " and 5 1/4 " disks repository and not the hard drive itself.... that will be coming only if the drive is recovered, so far it has life in it, now that it spins up and acts as if it is ready... either the controller or the host adapter is not playing nice at the moment... s-100 knowledge has dwindled over the years and the get rich quick crowd suddenly pushed the prices up on cards for this bus by over 100 percent of what it was...

Edited by _The Doctor__

okay so here we have Picture Parts in progress....

as a bonus I am leaving internal and external memorandums, status reports on several projects in.

The .sta extender means status.. use type command or copy to the editor to read them....

PicPart0.atr disk with status and memos as well experiments

PicPrt1r.atr disk1 with recovered bad sectors, sector 703 still missing (best effort)

PicPart1.atr disk1 with data sectors 11 and 703 questionable. same as above, as is

PicPart2.atr disk2

Enjoy!

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 4

Thanks Doctor, its always fascinating to see a devs work from the day as so little of that was ever allowed out and there was no magazine dev following that developed later.

Everything was so hush hush down to the little details yet iirc without the NDA's of today, since then dev's have learned to use the media to promote upcoming stuff although the hype can be the biggest let down ever..

A good portion is complete, nearly complete, or can be stitched together by a great programmer/coder.

I have been asked about,

number bowling

frog jump

reading flight

and reading rainbow

I will look for them and upload what I find....

It will be up to the community to sort it and assemble it.... even if something was marked finished... a later revision a day or two later may have a better graphic or fix.... consider this a which way book of programs where you will decide the outcome :)

be aware I have hundreds of disks to sort thru and some can be backups and duplicates.

If someone makes an effort I will continue. I need another box of q tips now... cleaning disks without damaging the failing coating is tedious.... some of the disks are literally flaking off, binding or smearing.. depending on the manufacturer.... clean it too much and you will be right down to the Mylar in a heartbeat...

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

Number bowling 1st disk found... good luck

numbowl.atr

remember if you enjoy reading the schedules and status reports or if you like mucking about in a particular pile of a titles constituent parts to press the like button... If I see you like it I will try to find more disks about that title first...

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 2