TPR 1

Ikrananka 1

Tarzilla 1

Slab0meat 1

cmart604 1

AtariBuff 1

retrogmr 1 + (1 lost in mail?)

playazclub 1

WISHES TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS (sent Msg privately)

------------------------------------

parkfun101 1

Unaccounted for 4

Unaccounted Developers 4

Who else here purchased 1 of the LE Limited Edition White Sealed Case? parkfun101 can you confirm anyone else not currently commenting?

Let's just say Im a tron fanatic and have quite the extensive collection

And if anyone should want to sell me their limited edition :thumbsup:

If something is limited I always keep personal notes especially since these are not numbered

Or maybe they are? Apparently no one here has claimed to have opened one yet or show pictures

Edited by Bodyshots

I just bought a normal one not the limited edition just wondering why it is so important that you are counting up who bought them? Why do you care?

Bodyshots is just a nice guy trying to document Tron stuff. Hey, what do ya know.... Bodyshots is at my door right now....

Bodyshots: What's up parkfun101, do you like cake?....

Parkfun101: Cake!....That's my favorite food group! ....Mmmmm! This tastes great!

Bodyshots: Keep eating....oh and where is your unopened copy of Light Grid Racing...you know the Limited Edition one?

Parkfun101: Here it is....I have to sit down....I'm getting dizzy....I think I'm going to take a nappy poo.... :sleep:

Bodyshots: Muayhahahaha!!!! :evil:

Updated List:

Bodyshots 2 3

Seriously though, I do like knowing the exact number of games released. It would be cool to know the exact number of copies that were printed for any game for Colecovision, Atari, NES, etc. Plus, who knows, perhaps 20 years from now a crazy rich collector will try to buy all of our copies in return for our very own island in the Caribbean. This list will help him/her get in contact with us and we will be thanking Bodyshots for all his work while sipping on a nice Pina Colada, laying in a hammock under palm trees. :cool:

• Like 2

LOL!

Who knows - The copies in collection are definitely 'show and tell' and to get my game on from time to time - I suppose everyone will inevitably part with their collection in time whether it be in death/sale/inherit/disaster/etc

I just assumed ColecoDan doesn't share the same 'attention to detail' as I do

Still going to open my 2nd copy when I get a chance and if not a video then throw up some pics

No hard work here on my end - that goes to the developers/parkfun101

Sincerely

Brown Noser

PS: Who are the rest of the peeps?

Edited by Bodyshots

UPDATE! "7 Limited Edition Copies Unaccounted for!"

If you purchased the Sealed White box Version please let us know!

Bodyshots 2

TPR 1

Ikrananka 1

Tarzilla 1

Slab0meat 1

cmart604 1

AtariBuff 1

retrogmr 1 + (1 lost in mail?)

playazclub 1

WISHES TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS (sent Msg privately)

------------------------------------

parkfun101 1

coleco_master

Unaccounted for 4

Unaccounted Developers 3

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know I think a different thing like maybe the disc toss verse computer or other players. Or maybe a tron adventure game going through screens and you have a disc to toss to protect yourself against enemies. You must get to the end to be able to leap out of the arcade game.

I was thinking of maybe certain levels you start out as a person and have to run to your corresponding bike creator thing. During the time you are a person, you can throw a disk in up to 8 directions and it bounces off of walls, and maybe bike lines. If the disk hits a bike, the bike is destroyed and the person remains. I'm not sure if they will still have their bike creator object or if it will also be destroyed as well. There could be new obstacles on certain boards where if your bike touches it, you go back to human form and have to run across to another side to get to the bike again. Obviously, if you're hit by a bike or another person's disk, you die.

These are just some ideas that I think could be added to the game, yet I'm not sure it would be "flicker free" after adding the disks, but I could make it so that the disks would be the only things that flicker, which may work well. I would have to look into the bouncing disk idea a bit because the bouncing cannonballs from Tank Challenge really slowed the game down when they were near the walls. However, I've learned a lot since Tank Challenge and I could use a more rudimentary way of bouncing that just affects the X and Y coordinates of the disk when it hits a wall.
If your disk did hit a few walls, should it stop after 3 walls or so, or should the disk hit a couple walls and then magically come back to you??? I could make it hit a couple walls, slow down and fade away into the floor. After if fades away, you are rearmed with the disk since it digitally travels back to you through the floor's grid (Man I can BS stuff on the fly, right?)

Another idea....if you are still armed with your disk and you press the RIGHT Fire button, your character can block a disk hit with his own disk! The enemy's disk would just bounce off of you.

This could lead to some 1 on 1 disc fight levels and/or modes.

I wouldn't mind working on this as a possible sequel, it would have to have all new levels and perhaps (maybe) have a way to escape the arcade machine like ColecoDan said, I think that is a cool idea. Also, on this version, I would eliminate the "ARCADE" mode like Tarzilla said. Most people just play the Enhanced mode anyhow.

Right now, I do not have much time to work on a new game, however, since this game would be based off of Light Grid Racing, most of the code is already written. The hard part would be creating the disk controls and bouncing movement and recreating all the levels. I've already done a similar concept with Tank Challenge, so it wouldn't be all that hard to figure out. I'm thinking this could be a fun game. Let me know what you all think.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone like to know my background on when I started drawing anything Tron here's some of my early fanart:

The first one title TOON was a Tron/Tiny Toon crossover satire back in 2003 I did not had a tablet at the time so I drew this on Photoshop and using a mouse.

Next is a Sonic vs Mario in a Tron world back in 2005 this time I drew this in GIMP but again only with the mouse.

Then in 2007 I made a fanart on some of my fave 1982 movies and one was TRON I now have a Wacom Tablet and drew it on GIMP.

Then my rooommate got me into a new vector program call Inkscape and my very VERY first test vector I drew on day one was the Tron Lightcycles with just a mouse:3

post-5587-0-16129900-1462873206_thumb.jpg

post-5587-0-30057600-1462873276_thumb.jpg

post-5587-0-99069000-1462873343_thumb.jpg

post-5587-0-23361200-1462873404_thumb.png

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

When Parkfun replied I got an email update and I just remembered something I said that I would do a while ago

A second limited edition fell on the hood of my truck!

post-39247-0-72946200-1465659757_thumb.jpg

And then suddenly my Leatherman accidentally slipped and coincidentally sliced the seal on the flap of the box!

post-39247-0-18914400-1465659830_thumb.jpg

The flap mysteriously opened and released some pixels but they disappeared in to the atmosphere before I had a chance to capture them on camera

post-39247-0-37978300-1465659958_thumb.jpg

To my surprise the cartridge came out on it's own revealing the contents of the box!

post-39247-0-53791000-1465660040_thumb.jpg

Behold it all it's glory!

post-39247-0-95570900-1465660105_thumb.jpg

post-39247-0-06260000-1465660146_thumb.jpg

I'm still trying to track down limited editions:

Unaccounted for 4

Unaccounted Developers 3

Who else has one? :)

Edited by Bodyshots

Cool! That insert at the bottom came off a printer from the exotic land of Henrico, Virginia! I even used that slick picture quality paper so that it's nice and shiny and sturdy!

Oh, and it is Unaccounted Staff, not Unaccounted Developers. I'm the only developer that coded this game. Don't want to cause any confusion for readers of this forum.

In practice, it wouldn't work because of the way the ColecoVision controller is held: If you hold the controller with the right hand, you want to keep your index and thumb on the side buttons. This means your left hand would have to constantly move between the joystick and the keypad, and you'd have to look down at the keypad constantly to see which button you need to press. Discs of Tron is too "active" a game for this to work, and this proposed controller setup wouldn't work for Robotron 2084 for the same reason.

Would the expansion module #2 work for a discs of tron game? Rotate the steering wheel to aim disc...use controller joystick to move player...use the accelerator to fire disc? I can't remember if the player automatically jumped from one pad to another.