IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

UMMMM...excuse me, but does THIS actually exist??

The game (Space Quest II, Vauhall's Revenge) was not released until 1987, so it was an unlikely candidate for a TI port! Especially by Sierra-Online themselves (systems orphaned 5 years previous don't usually attract major label developers).

I'm thinking this is more likely the PC version.

yeah nothing on those disks says ti99 so yeah no..

Hi all,

please be very careful with buying stuff from this person, Chaser2015 (Bobby Ross Jr.) from Colorado Springs .

At least, if he tries to sell you more stuff in private, afterwards the ebay auction.

He sold me "a ton" of defective stuff last year, a non-running P-Code-Card,

a defective TI-Floppycontroller, a burning & smoking diskdrive, and more.

All dump, 100%

He was very friendly all the time, until the "point of no return"...and then vanished

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152132479512

take care

xXx

• Like 1

He seems to have switched over to Arcade machines for the most part, based on the rest of his listings. I suspect those items will be just as damgerously mangled as the things he's sold in other venues over the years. All you have to do is follow his known user IDs from the various fora and you'll see that this is a pattern going all the way back to the year 2000 or so. . .

Here is a relative cheap (low starting bid compared to past listings) MBX game system with some games.

Good catch (and as long as some idiots don't make the price skyrocket, it's currently at a fair value (let's face it, it's only needed for 3 games - one is a two player game and the other two are only of interest to pre-schoolers). It "enhances" the other MBX games to varying degrees (most notably the 360° joystick control in Superfly), but there is simply not enough software depth to make it worth the $150-$250 it sometimes lists for.

Of course if the joystick was usable in non-MBX games, it would be a different story. It is arguably among the best joystick designs of the 1980's.

I don't see any games in the pictures, just 3 keypad overlays and a single game manual (the Championship Baseball overlay is a good one to have though, since the cart is often sold pretty cheap without it). Everything else looks intact, including all the system manuals (not always included with these!) Foam on the headphones looks pretty good too.

Careful though, not tested, so no guarantee it's a working unit, and since it will likely sell above the current bid, it's a major 'caveat emptor'!

No way would I pay $420 CAD (approx $327 US) for a 99/4 with case damage, and without a power supply (and at least one keyboard overlay), but I do love when one of these volume slider/headphone jack models makes an appearance like this one. If you're going to put cold hard cash towards a 4 this, in my mind, is the model to buy. Just something sexy about not needing a "Solid State Software" badge to cover a missing volume slider!

A couple hundred bucks less (and a power cable) and I'd consider snatching this one up.

• Like 1

No way would I pay $420 CAD (approx $327 US) for a 99/4 with case damage, and without a power supply (and at least one keyboard overlay), but I do love when one of these volume slider/headphone jack models makes an appearance like this one. If you're going to put cold hard cash towards a 4 this, in my mind, is the model to buy. Just something sexy about not needing a "Solid State Software" badge to cover a missing volume slider!

A couple hundred bucks less (and a power cable) and I'd consider snatching this one up.

have you seen this ? http://www.ebay.it/itm/152130847850?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT ;)

• Like 1

WOW!! The only thing missing is a 32k sidecar!

What a great hardware collection at an exceptional price!! The weight of the sidecars and external drive would make shipping prohibitively expensive though, which is probably why he is not offering international shipping.

Thanks for sharing this because it (sadly) does not appear on ebay Canada or ebay US.

• Like 1

$2,008 dollars for the nonfunctional 99/8. I was going to try and nab it to see if I could put an early revision spare board in it that I have put away (I think it has the Armadillo BASIC on it, which is different from the Extended BASIC II seen on later revisions). I hope the buyer has some of the necessary riser boards for that machine, because it is only good for spare parts otherwise. . .

$2,008 dollars for the nonfunctional 99/8. I was going to try and nab it to see if I could put an early revision spare board in it that I have put away (I think it has the Armadillo BASIC on it, which is different from the Extended BASIC II seen on later revisions). I hope the buyer has some of the necessary riser boards for that machine, because it is only good for spare parts otherwise. . .

It went to the same ebay user that bought the working 99/8 in early june witht the buy it now option for ~3800 usd.

• Like 1

It went to the same ebay user that bought the working 99/8 in early june witht the buy it now option for ~3800 usd.

:grin:

that didn't work out well. :( it did go to the same guy who bought the last two 99/8 computers.

i just bought these 99/8 documents for buy it now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TI-99-8-p-system-manuals-editor-filer-compiler-utilities-TI-99-4A-TI99-8-/131855066952?

ah Klaus, I thought YOU won that one, but so, it wasn´t, and the seller is unknown ??

yes tis, but €923...ouch!

I'm still crying watching the auction for the 99/4 with sidecars and drives draw to a close at only €199 without having bid on it! The deals for TI collectors are definitely on the Euro ebay sites. Too many speculators on this side of the pond driving prices through the roof. I got a NIB Demonstration cart for $50 (that's CAD dollars not euros or greenbacks!!) from ebay.uk, and then paid even less for a Space Patrol with manual from ebay.de. Same carts on ebay.ca or ebay.com would be well over $100US!

BTW... did someone here on AtariAge score Blaine's green coffee mug with pewter TI logo...saw it once, but when I went back to buy it 10 minutes later, it was gone!

That is a new set of documents you snagged there, Klaus. So is the one I missed today. Let us hope that this buyer will actually talk to the community/share documentation. He's now got the benefit of a couple of thousand dollars worth of 99/8 data that I bought and put up on WHT. . .as I did not want the information to die.

<rant>

Just the whole eBay thing is starting to really tick me off. In the grand scheme of priorities, I tend to rank preservation above 'sticking in a museum or personal collection just because I have this super rare item and for no other reason'. I actually use (and sometimes abuse) my equipment because it provides actual fun to my family and I.

The second 99/8 that was non functional just really blew my mind. The only reason someone would have wanted it besides using it as a reference or for parts is "just to have it". And, that was a $2008 privilege.

The $565 GRAM Kracker? Someone probably really wanted it, because they're super rare now.

$407 for two consoles and some carts? I have no explanation.

A RS232 for $300? Really??

Another console with a few games... $299.99.

Espial for $250? Thank goodness that one didn't sell. That's just insane for a somewhat mediocre game. It's purely supply and demand.

Another console for $244.97? Geez.

A text based Adventure game... $219.99. And another one.

Two more consoles for $200.

I could keep going on, but the cynic in me says there's some money laundering going on, or someone is just throwing around money to do so.

At this rate, if I ever sold my collection, I'd be able to retire. (And no, I'm not...... <grin>)

(Do I also need to mention the insane amount of people having consoles posted right now for $200+? That's just the consoles!)

</rant>

Anyway, here's the bidders on that 99/8 auction. Maybe we can figure some of these out.

a***0 (1553) - ???

m***k (3610) - Ksarul

t***1 (828) - ???

Edited by acadiel
  • Like 2