IGNORED

A New Marauder

Carpenter

Hello are there going to be more available?

Crap sold out already ehh? Guess I need to start visiting AA more than twice a day.

Yes, there's going to be more for sale, don't worry about that.

We initially made available only five pieces worldwide because we have to experiment with all the things that international shipping involves, such as good packaging, insurance, forms and so on. We want to make sure you receive the game in good conditions.

We will first ship those units already sold and then will let you know when the new batch is available, in a few days.

We are selling then on eBay but if you would like to buy direct and save some bucks, please PM me.

Note that we only list units that are ready for shipping. Theres is no "receive the money first and build the cartridge later" thing here.

This is a project that already has been completely funded by us.

• Like 1

New molds? I thought those cost a fortune.

Can those be used to produce a larger number of even more new shells?

Don't get too exited Thomas, it was the first thing I asked to them.

They found an old company that still had the mold from 80's, is not their mold.

It's the CCE style case (I think).

And it's prohibitively expensive to produce for homebrew market, something like 10 dollars each, that's why this release is expensive too.

Wow! How exciting. I had a good friend named Rod in 6th grade. One of his gifts at his birthday party was the game Marauder. We played for a long time (it was a sleepover) and called him Marauder (emphasizing "Rod") for about a year afterward. My present to him was a Rubik's cube which was also very popular at the time.

I'm bummed out that I missed this game but am very much looking forward to more being available!

Hello guys. I'm friends with these folks in Brazil, and, of course, I've got my own copy first hand.

I still owe them a review in my blog, meanwhile I can give a statement here: they have made a wonderful job in this game! From the box to the manual, brand new cart and all the stuff they put together, this is am amazing homebrew item. Their company logo also rocks! And the game itself is very nice, though I must say I never gave too much attention to the original Marauder.

Check those amazing pics!!! I wish MORE WORK can do MORE GAMES! Hell yes!

post-6332-0-45380000-1466884718_thumb.jpg

post-6332-0-37084900-1466884720_thumb.jpg

post-6332-0-15541300-1466884722_thumb.jpg

post-6332-0-58670900-1466884723_thumb.jpg

post-6332-0-01586000-1466884725_thumb.jpg

post-6332-0-71079700-1466884726_thumb.jpg

post-6332-0-11433600-1466884728_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hello guys. I'm friends with these folks in Brazil, and, of course, I've got my own copy first hand.

I still owe them a review in my blog, meanwhile I can give a statement here: they have made a wonderful job in this game! From the box to the manual, brand new cart and all the stuff they put together, this is am amazing homebrew item. Their company logo also rocks! And the game itself is very nice, though I must say I never gave too much attention to the original Marauder.

Check those amazing pics!!! I wish MORE WORK can do MORE GAMES! Hell yes!

Ordered! This complete package looks too good to pass up. Can't wait to receive/play the game. :D

• Like 1

PAL-M 2600 consoles use a NTSC TIA with an external board that converts the signal from NTSC to PAL-M. The resulting palette is different from the PAL TIA used in European consoles. I think it's the same or very close to the NTSC palette, as the rom from brazilian 2600 games looks good with NTSC palette in stella.

It would be nice to have some screenshots from unmodded PAL-M console using a test rom to show the palette, so it can be added in stella as an option...

• Like 1

Isn't this done in PAL-60 (PAL-M) anyway?

No, Thomas, A New Marauder is NTSC. Brazilian VCS2600 consoles run NTSC cartridges.
The video generated by NTSC TIA is "transcoded" to PAL-M before being modulated by means of additional circuitry.
Only if you use an A/V output mod and bypass RF section the console output becomes pure NTSC.
In this case you just need to change the crystal of the oscillator circuit to match the color subcarrier frequency.
  • Like 1

PAL-M 2600 consoles use a NTSC TIA with an external board that converts the signal from NTSC to PAL-M. The resulting palette is different from the PAL TIA used in European consoles. I think it's the same or very close to the NTSC palette, as the rom from brazilian 2600 games looks good with NTSC palette in stella.

It would be nice to have some screenshots from unmodded PAL-M console using a test rom to show the palette, so it can be added in stella as an option...

Interesting that never occurred to me to make such a comparison. I'll put it on todo list.

The only problem is that delay adjustment, and by consequence color palette, without using calibration equipment is completely subjective.

A console could even exhibit different colors in different TV sets due calibration mismatches on TV side.

Definitely. Until now I wasn't even aware that it is different.

Attached are two versions of my color test program (use FIRE or B/W switch to change view, directions chose the highlighted color). A screenshot showing all colors ordered (probably using the NTSC version) would be very helpful.

ColorTest (NTSC).bin

ColorTest (PAL60).bin

• Like 1

Definitely. Until now I wasn't even aware that it is different.

Attached are two versions of my color test program (use FIRE or B/W switch to change view, directions chose the highlighted color). A screenshot showing all colors ordered (probably using the NTSC version) would be very helpful.

Thanks for the test programs. I will run the experiments but if someone do it first, please feel free to post the results.

Yes, there's going to be more for sale, don't worry about that.

We initially made available only five pieces worldwide because we have to experiment with all the things that international shipping involves, such as good packaging, insurance, forms and so on. We want to make sure you receive the game in good conditions.

Will More Work Games be making more Atari 2600 homebrew/hack games in the future? If so, any hints for future titles?