IGNORED

The Official Intellivision Serial Number Database

Rev

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

1. I need to remove an Intellivision that I bricked in an ill-fated attempt to AV modify it.

2. Where can I get a bare Intellivision II unit cheap these days (current eBay auctions do not look good)?

Thanks.

1. No need to remove a non working console. The database is to document serial numbers, on working or non working consoles. I can make a note in the database that is is non working. let me know serial number

2. not sure

Oh forgot to mention - My Intellivision Model 3668 RH1029406 is CIB with foam, booklets and Star Strike pack-in game.

My other Model 3668 (RH1002572) is loose, and the Intv System III (with black membrane controllers) is loose (but actually came in a 2nd smaller Intellivision 1 box!)

So I have a spare Intellivision 1 box, but it isn't the box that the Model 3668 RH1002572 came in so can't really call that one CIB!

- James

so does that make it completed in box?

Technically it's an Intellivision 1 in an Intellivision 1 box, yes! But it's a different box to the one this system came in. So what I essentially have an early serial number Inty with what I think is a later smaller version of the Intellivsion box...

• 4 months later...

Well, it may have been at one point. See below:

Strange SN for a Canadian or US Inty I, cant read anything off the foil.

Just noticed this though, on the side... Serv. Date? Is this factory refurbished or serviced?

That looks like a normal Canadian Intellivision. I can make out the CSA certfication symbol in your photo. Mine is faded out as well but I can still read it.

The top sticker:

FOR HOME USE ONLY

SEULEMENT POUR USAGE DOMESTIQUE

The bottom sticker:

MATTEL ELECTRONICS

LA SERIE ELECTRONIQUE DE MATTEL

Hobby equioment Accessoires de loisirs

MODEL MODELE 2609 115 VAC 60 HZ 15 WATTS

Mattel Inc 1979 Made in Hong Kong (small print hard to read)

I think most Canadian Intellivisions made in Hong Kong were model # 2609 and 'RH' prefixing the serial number. I think most US Intellivisions made in Hong Kong were model # 2609A. Despite the different model numbers they could be exactly the same. I don't think the Canadian and US serial numbers are related. Based on the look of the plastic case bottom the Canadian Intellivisions look like they correspond to pre SN 600000 US versions but the Canadian serial numbers seem to start after SN RH1000000. I'm guessing the number of Canadian Intellivisions made was around 200000.

edit: added original photo from nukeshed

post-43287-0-51766400-1471524997_thumb.jpg

Edited by mr_me

I was curious to see how many Intellivisions were made in the USA. Looks like all model # 2609A were made in Hong Kong or Taiwan. Serial # starting with RH were made in Hong Kong and for international markets. Serial # starting with AT were made in Taiwan, and those seem rare. The earliest Intellivisions were made in the USA and it looks like at some point production shifted to Hong Kong and/or Taiwan. Looking at the serial number database, there is a big gap between serial # 165000 and 300000. I'm suggesting that would be when production shifted from the USA to Hong Kong and/or Taiwan, possibly in 1980. So I'm going to say that Intellivisions made in the USA number roughly 175000.

If anyone has an Intellivision that says otherwise please say so. And shouldn't the Fench model # 5156 be listed as SECAM not PAL.

edit:

You should include the serial # prefixes 'RH' AND 'AT' in the database.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

In case anyone is interested in Eric7100's recent homebrew sales.

Here's the final stats of the money that he made from his third round of sales:

$778.08 (total money from sales) - $154.23 (packing/shipping expenses & PayPal/eBay fees) = $623.85 (total money left over)

Once again, Eric and Salt thank all of you who bought from them! :) :) :)

• Like 1

In case anyone is interested in Eric7100's recent homebrew sales.

Here's the final stats of the money that he made from his third round of sales:

$778.08 (total money from sales) - $154.23 (packing/shipping expenses & PayPal/eBay fees) = $623.85 (total money left over)

Once again, Eric and Salt thank all of you who bought from them! :) :) :)

and one more time!!!Thank again,for that update Rev...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have two to add...

An Intellivision 1, model 2609A, SN 1842925

A Super Pro System INTV system III, model 3504, sn A 022668

The Super Pro System has a Super Pro System box, but I can't find a SN on it anywhere. Did they not have one? Anyway, there are no manuals, inserts, styrofoam or anything with it, just the box.

Do I need to input these into the Intellivision site itself? Can do if necessary.

Edit: Sorry the pics are not oriented correctly. Didn't realise it until after uploading and it doesn't seem to want to change them.

post-21069-0-37678900-1485217971_thumb.jpg

post-21069-0-81287000-1485218080_thumb.jpg

post-21069-0-99067900-1485218183_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eltigro
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here's the system,

attachicon.gifIMG_0172.JPG

as you can see the serial is R 000091, don't know what the R signifies, (maybe refurbished or repaired, I dunno)

also the sticker with the serial says Model no 1716 but the other one says 2609 which it looks like.

attachicon.gifIMG_0175.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0177.JPG

oddly I bought this one for the box which is a British Pal version, but this it what was in it

any thoughts?

In later Intellivisions the 'R" was used for Intellivisions sold outside of the United States and 'A' used for those sold in the United States. Maybe 'R' is for region and 'A' is for America. Maybe this particular Intellivision being made in the USA and having an 'R' might have been an early Canadian Intellivision before Mattel shifted manufacturing to Hong Kong or Taiwan? Maybe the model no. 1716 was initially for Canada and then they changed their mind and used 2609 for Canada and 2609A for USA?