IGNORED

Carrot Kingdom™ - Work in Progress 32K! - New Demo 10-16-2017

Jinroh

Ah, I see. I can shoot by pressing down. But I can't shoot at the flying yellow things (bats?) and you made the bread cat impossible. But I did notice a bug. When the cat maid jumps, she lands on different y positions on the ground. Sometimes she lands on top of the ground, and sometimes in the ground just a little bit.

Thanks, yeah I'm aware of it, it's a limitation to the collision, but doesn't affect gameplay so it's not something I'm worried about. I actually spent a lot of hours getting it to feel good. :)

Edited by Jinroh

Hello,

So, I was able to beat the Bread Cat. I did also notice atari2600land's issues about getting stuck inside of blocks.

Frankly, I didn't report it because 1) I was always able to get out of them and 2) there's a big hole you have to jump across on the second screen, and getting stuck on the other site a little bit helped me to get across safely.

The sound glitch is fixed, so that's good.

So, the longer-term question is: do you have a lot of room for maps, etc? I'm curious how far this can be expanded.

-John

• Like 1

Oh sweet man congrats on beating the Bread Cat. :D I love his death animation. :3

I didn't report it because 1) I was always able to get out of them and 2) there's a big hole you have to jump across on the second screen, and getting stuck on the other site a little bit helped me to get across safely.

I tried a lot of hours of tweaking to get it as it is now. :) The general consensus has been, it doesn't impede you from beating the game, or ruin the fun.

As for the levels, I have nearly a whole 4K bank for level data. I have 4 levels and 3 boss fights planned out, with the first one here in the demo being the shortest. Those are the center points for the story. I suspect I'll have more space for levels to pad that out later, but not 100% sure. I'm limiting the ROM size to 16K to keep it something that could have been released back in the day.

I also have a comic page to setup the story that's nearly finished. :)

Edited by Jinroh
  • Like 1

Yup. It doesn't roll at all! :thumbsup:

It won't get past the very beginning of the game. :?

I start up and move but right as I approach the first animal it resets to the title screen.

Ah I see, thanks Papa, that's much more clear. That was a previous bug that Spiceware was having too, I wonder if his is doing the same again as well. I haven't had a chance to test it on my real hardware yet myself.

If you touch the cat statue on your hardware and the game resets (in demo 0.6a), PM me. I have a build ready to test, since I can't reproduce it with my means.

Edited by Jinroh

READY FOR TEST!!

Papa knows what Carrot Kingdom™ is all about. ;3

Thanks for the help Papa! :) I really appreciate it. If you have problem with reset near the Cat Statue try unplugging the P2 Controller for the time being.

Edited by Jinroh

• 2 weeks later...

I've been following the progress of this since the 1st post and have been meaning to say how awesome I think it is. I love what you're doing and can't wait to see more. Please keep up the great work!

Edited by KevinMos3
  • Like 1