IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

Now available for download:

LTO Flash! User Interface Software

Organize your ROM menu now so you're ready to go when hardware arrives! And, you can use your Intellicart! today! (Just in case you have one that's been getting dusty.)

For Mac OS X 10.7 and later

• After double-clicking the .dmg file and dragging LtoFlash.app to the Applications folder, remember to right click and choose "Open" the first time you launch the app
  • You will be prompted to install Mono if not already present
  • You probably do *NOT* need to install the FTDI USB-serial drivers (once you get hardware)

For Windows xp and later

• Remember to right click and "Unlock" the .zip file before unzipping it, then run setup.exe
  • You will be prompted to install .NET if not already present during setup (unlikely)
  • You probably do *NOT* need to directly install the FTDI drivers (once you get hardware)

A few quick items to keep in mind:

• You can set long names (up to 60 characters) as well as short names (18 characters) for display on the cartridge menu navigator
  • You can set color for game icon
  • You can associate a manual with the game as well
  • Folders may contain up to 255 items (other folders or games)
    If you store all your ROMs in one directory on disk and automatically add all your games, you may run into this
  • You may have up to 128 folders total
    If you have one game per directory on your disk, you may run into this limit
  • Documentation is online - but may lag behind what's in the current software

You don't have to automatically add ROMs to your menu if you don't want -- you can just import them to the ROM list and manually arrange your menu.

• Like 14

Organize your ROM menu now so you're ready to go when hardware arrives! And, you can use your Intellicart! today! (Just in case you have one that's been getting dusty.)

• After double-clicking the .dmg file and dragging LtoFlash.app to the Applications folder, remember to right click and choose "Open" the first time you launch the app
  • You probably do *NOT* need to install the FTDI USB-serial drivers (once you get hardware)

For Windows xp and later

• Remember to right click and "Unlock" the .zip file before unzipping it, then run setup.exe
  • You will be prompted to install .NET if not already present during setup (unlikely)
  • You probably do *NOT* need to directly install the FTDI drivers (once you get hardware)

• You can set long names (up to 60 characters) as well as short names (18 characters) for display on the cartridge menu navigator

If you store all your ROMs in one directory on disk and automatically add all your games, you may run into this

You don't have to automatically add ROMs to your menu if you don't want -- you can just import them to the ROM list and manually arrange your menu.

Edited by Utopia

For Windows xp and later

What's "Mono"? Is that the .NET clone? I just confirmed it is.

P.S. Can someone put up some screenshots of the client running on Mac? The Mono page says that the "native-looking" toolkit is currently in development, incomplete, and experimental; so the default toolkit is GTK+ which will look alien. I just want to see how it looks on a Mac before I install it, since the last GTK+ applications I used made everything look clunky and frozen in time in the mid-90s.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

What's "Mono"? Is that the .NET clone? I just confirmed it is.

P.S. Can someone put up some screenshots of the client running on Mac? The Mono page says that the "native-looking" toolkit is currently in development, incomplete, and experimental; so the default toolkit is GTK+ which will look alien. I just want to see how it looks on a Mac before I install it, since the last GTK+ applications I used made everything look clunky and frozen in time in the mid-90s.

-dZ.

The UI for Mac presently uses MonoMac - which implements C# bindings directly to the Objective-C Cocoa APIs. So, thankfully, the drawbacks of using an abstraction like GTK# are avoided. I considered Xamarin.Mac, but until just a few months ago, the features I needed to properly implement the UI were behind a paywall a bit too steep.

Prior to the launch, I confirmed functionality on Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11 and 10.12 beta. It's interesting to see how the "chrome" changes over time. Our primary Mac testing was 10.7.5 (intvnut), 10.8.5 (myself), and 10.11 (several beta testers).

GTK# would be useful to implement a Linux UI.

LTO Flash! on Mac.

Thanks for posting the screen shot, @Intymike!

The UI presently uses MonoMac - which implements C# bindings directly to the Objective-C Cocoa APIs. So, thankfully, the drawbacks of using an abstraction like GTK# are avoided. I considered Xamarin.Mac, but until just a few months ago, the features I needed to properly implement the UI were behind a paywall a bit too steep.

Prior to the launch, I confirmed basic functionality on Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11 and 10.12 beta. It's interesting to see how the "chrome" changes over time. Or primary Mac testing was 10.7.5 (intvnut), 10.8.5 (myself), and 10.11 (several beta testers).

OK, thanks for the confirmation. Can someone post a screenshot running on Mac OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion) or earlier? I want to see how it looks there, since I haven't upgraded to the latest versions.

-dZ.

Here's a screen shot from my 10.7.5 system, taken just moments ago.

post-14113-0-87168500-1472396964_thumb.png

In case anyone was concerned that it wouldn't look good on a Retina Mac, that screenshot should alleviate that. My apologies for the huge screen shot. I'll see about getting another when I can hook up to a non-Retina monitor. I'm traveling right now.

Edited by intvnut