IGNORED

HDMI for the TI

Omega-TI

It gets even WORSE Matt!

Someone else on Atari Age pointed << THIS KNOCK OFF >> out to me.

The case is not 100% black in color, but damn, it's only: $4.55 and yes, shipping IS included!

I can't see where you'll ever get one cheaper than this.

I'm not sure of the quality of this one, but at this price what do you have to lose?

s-l1600.jpg

After playing around with ugly Atari 800 XL video output last week I appreciate that F18A upgrade, much more so now than ever.

The TI community is so lucky to have this mod available. In my humble opinion, F18A upgrades should be mandatory.

The first thing I'd get for any TI system. Not even worth looking at ugly ghosting composite ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I keep getting psyc'd up about it and then I think of this.

I think the fpga/pipstrello project had hi trees as part of it? I plan to get one add soon as they are available so I'm wondering if I should wait. I may not need the f18a? I dunno.

I have the same dilemma on my Amiga. I can get a great upgrade board for it now or wait for a far better and superior one to come out someone early next year if not by end of year.

I want it all. And I want it now.

But that's not always the best approach when trying to spend as little as possible.

I keep getting psyc'd up about it and then I think of this.

Ahhh! Decisions, decisions.

My experience has been when I pass up a good thing that's available now, for the promise of something else later, I end going without anything for a lot longer than expected, sometimes forever. With that in mind, my personal motto is, "Why rob myself of so much fun and enjoyment now and let the opportunity pass me by?" Hobbies after all, are to be enjoyed right?

But, as you say, "I want it all, and I want it now." So, following your logic, how can you pass up the F18A now, especially when you already bought the VGA to HDMI converter? --- Yeah, I'm being no help am I? :grin:

I'm going to try something. I ordered the knock off vga to hdmi. I'm going to order one of these and see if I can use both.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/VGA-to-S-Video-3-RCA-Plug-Composite-AV-Cable-Adapter/46536086?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=571&adid=22222222228033993429&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=55466361578&wl4=pla-86394445538&wl5=9007020&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=111838760&wl11=online&wl12=46536086&wl13=&veh=sem

I'm not expecting hi res, just want to see about getting my ti off of a tube tv via composite video to vga monitor at first, then see about gdmi via the adaptor.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

The problem is that RCA cables are same gender on both ends. And VGA cables are also same gender on both ends. So you cannot go by the gender...

These things are usually not reversable. So you have to go by the use case presented in the description.

The amazon description of the earlier device is more informative:

Insten VGA to TV S-Video 3 RCA PC Computer AV Adapter Cable
  • Connectivity: D-Sub high density 15 pin to S-Video mini din 4 pin female and RCA jack
  • This VGA to S-Video + 3 RCA Adapter connections your PC / Laptop to LCD projector, HDTV, or any other display devices
  • Note: Please make sure the Video Card of your system supports TV (RCA / S-Video) output through VGA Port. If not , a signal converter box is needed to pair with this adapter. Please check your Video Card manual or manufacturer to ensure the VGA Port has TV-Out function.
  • Note: This adapter will not convert S-Video or Composite Video signal to VGA signal.

I suspect your walmart device is this... But cannot tell for sure.

-M@

The Wal-Mart originally posted device is vga male, rca female.

Vga male can go on a monitor or a video card yes. But rca female is usually only one way.

I'll find out soon enough.

The first link I showed you is the product in question. The second link is one that has rca male on both ends and I would not even consider that one at all. I only supplied the second link so you can compare.

Here, let me try again.

This is what I ordered that I think might work.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/VGA-to-S-Video-3-RCA-Plug-Composite-AV-Cable-Adapter/46536086?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=571&adid=22222222228033993429&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=55466361578&wl4=pla-86394445538&wl5=9007020&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=111838760&wl11=online&wl12=46536086&wl13=&veh=sem

This is what I think you are talking about and I do not think this will work.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fosmon-6FT-VGA-Male-to-3-RCA-Component-RGB-Male-Video-Cable-for-TV-Monitor-Projector/40900065?action=product_interest&action_type=title&item_id=40900065&placement_id=irs-302-m3&strategy=PWVAV&visitor_id=ZRRGXKhZjpS6C6g8F1jbuA&category=&client_guid=09f72fbe-8844-4747-848d-fed33859ff5c&customer_id_enc=&config_id=302&parent_item_id=46536086&parent_anchor_item_id=46536086&guid=f929c40b-4fb0-4612-ad25-146302beef5b&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n

They are 2 completely different products.

Edited by Sinphaltimus