IGNORED

Boulder Dash - Loaner Cart; Reviews and Reservations

Andrew Davie

Good job Wickeycolumbus. I enjoyed your review and also the picture of the Ford plant. My grandfather was as obsessed with Model Ts as most of us here are with Atari systems. Until he was quite advanced in age, he would collect Model T parts and build restored cars from them.

So, where is the cart headed next?

Yep, thanks for the excellent review, Wickey! Don't be afraid to say what's BAD about it, too... Thomas and I do really want feedback on what didn't work for you. Good or bad, I can't tell you how fantastic it is for us to be seeing honest feedback. As you have only managed to get to cave D - if you want to have another week with it, I'm fine with that. Would be great if you could get through all of the levels... how many, Thomas.... 16 wasn't it? ;) Approximately? As to where next, who's next in line? I'm too lazy to read back through the thread to find out.

• Like 1

Thanks again for letting me borrow the cart. Been pretty busy this week, didn't get the chance to play much more. Hmmm... some bad things... I think it's a bit difficult for beginners. I think Boulder Dash would be much easier with a bigger view of the map (as the other versions are). That way you could see what is coming and plan your moves better. It's almost impossible for a beginner like myself to pass a level the first time trying it. And this must not be exclusive to the 2600 version, but it's always disappointing when the thing that kills you is a falling diamond :P

My high score was something like 2,200. I didn't start using the SaveKey till later though so it is stored as 1,700. I am certain that my score will be blown away.

Who is next :)

• Like 2

Game Boy Boulder Dash looks like this by default (10x8) :

post-4291-0-97711900-1475523803.png

Or it can look like this by pressing the select button (20x16) :

post-4291-0-55256500-1475523824.png

Unfortunately, while the Game Boy game does allow you to zoom all around the level, it does it in both modes. With the larger view the zooming is unnecessary.

• Like 1

So if my reading is correct in the thread is correct:

Mind you... this would put the game in the frozen north in January. Not sure what kind of pictures I would be able to take outside in January. lol

A moose chomping on the box would be perfectly satisfactory...

• Like 4

Made this SaveKey to send off with Boulder Dash. In case someone hasn't heard of it, it plugs into the right joystick port and some games can save high scores to it. Now everyone that gets the cart can obliterate my high score :lol:

attachicon.gifP1040092.JPG

BD begins it's journey from Michigan to North Carolina today :)

Is there some sort of online "journey map" that we can use to see where it's going/been?