IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Yes. After listening to Ferg's podcast, and your too Rick for that matter, I'm motivated to play those games, especially if I have never played them or haven't played them in a long time. I guess my brain was working faster than my hands when I typed the original post! :)

I really should only listen to gaming podcasts when I am home and all my systems are set up. :(

• Like 1

I really should only listen to gaming podcasts when I am home and all my systems are set up. :(

Tell me about it. I'm at work when I hear this stuff and all I can think about is getting home to play a few games! To the point of my original post, I have never really played an Atari 5200. It sounds like the joysticks are a pain and even trying to get better ones sounds like a quest and a half which is why I am not entertaining the idea of buying another system even though I see games for sale often. I think I'll stick to emulation for this one so I can enjoy the huge upgrade the graphics and gameplay have over the 2600.

Yes. After listening to Ferg's podcast, and your too Rick for that matter, I'm motivated to play those games, especially if I have never played them or haven't played them in a long time. I guess my brain was working faster than my hands when I typed the original post! :)

Thanks for that! You hit on what I was wondering. I like to *hope* that we are making the Intellivision library sound like something fun to try - much like Ferg does for me with the 2600 library. But I also know that any given podcast's presentation style might not be everyone's cup of tea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A new pinball podcast has arrived!

Cornball Pincast

It's on soundcloud, so I'm struggling to find a RSS feed. First episode is just in time for the Houdini pinball machine, a super-controversial pinball machine by American Pinball.

Also, a friend of mine is starting an arcade-centric podcast. He's made the Facebook page, website, etc, but not the first episode yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

post-12390-0-08456200-1476281070_thumb.jpeg

Rough list of new podcasts new as of this year.

Sega Nerds
(a Commodore 64 podcast)
Atari Bytes
Lost Treasures of Gaming
(a Amiga podcast)
Virtually Human
TRS-80 Trash Talk
Select Game
Super Podcast Brothers
Cactus Flack’s
Talk Retro
Arcade Heroes
Twin Galaxies (?)
GameCola
16/32
WaveBack
Man Cave Cinema
Atari KongCast
Cornball Pincast
Canadian Pinball
Kaneda’s Pinball Podcast
Bro, Do you even Talk Pinball?
Tilt Thru
Slam Tilt Podcast
Beige Knight Pinball
Little Kings Pinball
Tuscon Pinball

Can you dig it?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is Arcade Outsiders done for sure? They were joking around about how their 100th episode means they've "fulfilled their contract" but I interpreted it as just that, joking around. I think they're intentionally being mysterious about it to keep people guessing and maybe to gauge how much interest is left for the show. Personally, I doubt they're done.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Arcade Outsiders done for sure?....maybe to gauge how much interest is left for the show.

Hmm, I dont think they care enough about it to do that... :)

A decent replacement is Rcade Radio- llike Sean Williams, a couple MN guys do it (one of 'em has been IN MY HOUSE & fixed my Xevious!) they all know each other (coinop collector community seems pretty close-knit around here) so if AO is done we may hear about/from Phet from time to time.