IGNORED

Penguin Adventure, Gradius and Super Game Module 3rd Production Status

GraziGamer

Hi all,

Long story short:

• We are estimating Penguin Adventure and Gradius shipping to pre-orders in early October, based on suppliers estimates
  • SGM 3rd run shipping second half of October, again based on suppliers estimates.
  • Next 4 games and completion estimates: Donkey Kong(70%), Pac-Man DX(90%), Lady Bug(30%) and The Maze of Galious(30%)
  • Pre-order for next 4 games to start after Penguin Adventure and Gradius start shipping
  • Pre-order for 4th run of the SGM to start after 3rd run starts shipping
  • We underestimated effort required to create all those things from scratch (packaging templates, PCBs, find supliers, etc). Everything is brand new, except for the plastic cases
  • Next 4 games and SGM should go smoother, since we now have all the templates and suppliers in place. Boxes for all 4 games have been created, 2 boxes already printing

Our sincere apologies for the delays. We are working hard to get everything shipped ASAP.

Please check our facebook page for videos, including videos of the boxes printing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You can order thru the AtariAge Store at anytime... but i'd wait until word of their actual release/availability due to all the constant delays/release timeframe pushed back month after month.

Just how things sometimes go in the Homebrew world and patience is a must.

Ok, sorry for lack of updates. Here is where we stand now:

- Game PCBs were received a couple of weeks ago, but the manufacturer forgot a small detail: problem the control logic. Boards were returned, and they are now reprogramming it.

- SGM PCBs are being assembled now. Should ship soon.

- Packaging was finally shipped. But it is a long trip, by sea. We are talking about literally half a ton in printed material.

We have some pictures...

post-1432-0-44536100-1476314172_thumb.jpg

post-1432-0-83705500-1476314181_thumb.jpg

post-1432-0-00559800-1476314192_thumb.jpg

post-1432-0-40819700-1476314207_thumb.jpg

post-1432-0-16392300-1476314274_thumb.jpg

post-1432-0-42681800-1476314304_thumb.jpg

post-1432-0-56898200-1476314385_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

This is just so damn cool! I wish more people were a bit more understanding that you guys are doing this in your spare time having real day job and personal issues just like the rest of us. The fact that you guys are getting all of this done, even if there are delays (which I personally don't have an issue with) just continues to blow me away! And this kudos isn't just for Opcode but for ALL of the homebrewers who are making games and keeping our childhood gaming system alive! THANK YOU!

• Like 5

There's a new video that Eduardo posted on YouTube. I'm not sure why they didn't update us here. Sorry to bear these tidings, but you can expect another delay.

Sh*t happens, but at least they figured out the problem and are getting it resolved.

One thing to note: Eduardo is killing me with that DK Arcade running in the background! Sell it (again) already, please!

Keep up the good work over at OPCODE games... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

One thing to note: Eduardo is killing me with that DK Arcade running in the background! Sell it (again) already, please!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing while I was watching the video. :)

I was almost expecting him to turn around at one point and say "Oh, by the way, watch me play DK for a few minutes, just so you can see how much this game kicks @$$."

• Like 4

Exactly!!! I ordered Penguin Adventure and Gradius way back when and then basically forgot about them. They'll get here when they get here...I like surprises in the mail!!!

This is just so damn cool! I wish more people were a bit more understanding that you guys are doing this in your spare time having real day job and personal issues just like the rest of us. The fact that you guys are getting all of this done, even if there are delays (which I personally don't have an issue with) just continues to blow me away! And this kudos isn't just for Opcode but for ALL of the homebrewers who are making games and keeping our childhood gaming system alive! THANK YOU!