IGNORED

SoulStar, interest and pricing poll.

neo_rg

SoulStar. Interest & pricing poll.  

181 members have voted

1. 1. How much?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Just a polite hint...

You might not want to make boxes for projects people are actively working on unless you are asked by the team involved....

(eg, the Rebooteroids box with the wrong art... and the box above...)

Think about it like this... Imagine you were painting a picture... and someone took a photo of if, resized it, changed the hue, blurred or smudged it, and then tried to pass it off as a box to keep your picture in.

• Like 2

Just a polite hint...

You might not want to make boxes for projects people are actively working on unless you are asked by the team involved....

(eg, the Rebooteroids box with the wrong art... and the box above...)

Think about it like this... Imagine you were painting a picture... and someone took a photo of if, resized it, changed the hue, blurred or smudged it, and then tried to pass it off as a box to keep your picture in.

i know that,but i did it because i love the game on the sega cd and i want to see the fixed version released.

• 3 months later...

One of the best highly regarded Sega CD games. Put it this way,Sega CD hardware is very flaky and I no longer own the hardware but I'll never let my cherished retail cib copy of Soul Star I have go,love it way too much!

Very happy you're fixing up the Jaguar version. Is it me or does it seem to run better,its just faster and some of the sprites are abit different from the Sega CD version. Looks really great.

In the end I don't own a Jag CD but I'd buy a few copies anyways since I have a very special soft spot for the game.

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol
  • Like 5

I no longer own the hardware but I'll never let my cherished retail cib copy of Soul Star I have go,love it way too much!

If you have a modded Xbox you can play your Sega CD on the Sega CD emulator believe it or not... :) I still rock my Sega CD model one and it works great.

Very much so still looking forward to this release! Any status updates?

• Like 4

I've been leaning towards buying one from Ebay as my two original XBoxs red light after 30 minutes :/

That does make sense though as I've heard(but never tried it) that a few Sega emulators do the same on PC.

Thanks for the info on the OG XBox though,tempted to buy one all the more from hearing that.

If you have a modded Xbox you can play your Sega CD on the Sega CD emulator believe it or not... :) I still rock my Sega CD model one and it works great.

Very much so still looking forward to this release! Any status updates?

I've been leaning towards buying one from Ebay as my two original XBoxs red light after 30 minutes :/

That does make sense though as I've heard(but never tried it) that a few Sega emulators do the same on PC.

Thanks for the info on the OG XBox though,tempted to buy one all the more from hearing that.

Despite having a sega cd model 1 and model 2, I find it incredibly novel to pop a Sega CD game disc from the early 90's into my xbox and have it boot up. I played Road Rash CD on my xbox for a few hours the other night and it played just fine. PM Mark Wolfe on here, he is the original xbox guru and all the emulators and coin ops arcade games make it a worth while investment for sure.

Would be cool if this was released on Jag CD, and then later as a BIOS so people can play it on the Jaguar SD cart....either way I would be stoked to see the full version available for the Jag!

• Like 3

I would love to see this released from a preservation standpoint!

Interested to know if you're fixing the code and how much there is to edit. Will it be compete after this, or just more complete than it is currently?

My oXbox did the same. Your GPU is over heating. Cut the RF behind the fan out and install a 80mm fan. You can see your GPU and MB temp if your console is soft modded. My console runs about 15 degrees F cooler now. Here's my mod that solved my issue. Took about an hour (Dremel work mostly) & only $6.

20161029_161121_zpsxlv4pv28.jpg

20161029_223450_zpsbw4vxq3n.jpg

20161029_224541_zpsccz7zaop.jpg

Go spend $6 & enjoy some Sega CD Soul Star on your oXbox :)

• Like 1

It's not really a mod, just an emulator.

Software mod such as UnleashedX or EvoX (just use SIDinstaller) is required first. Then install NeoGenesis emulator via FTP client. Disc tray will take retail Sega CDs at that point. Hardware mod such as the HDD upgrade is optional. Much more complicated when you get into that camp because the oXbox HDD is locked to the EEPROM with a software key. Check link in my signature if interested.

Anyway, that's how I'll enjoy Soul Star but I'm big on video game preservation and would love to see this on the Jag CD. As someone mentioned, hopefully this will one day be running on SainT's Jag SD cart via Carl's Jag Unleashed CD software!

Anyway, that's how I'll enjoy Soul Star but I'm big on video game preservation and would love to see this on the Jag CD. As someone mentioned, hopefully this will one day be running on SainT's Jag SD cart via Carl's Jag Unleashed CD software!

It uses it's own CD BIOS, so I doubt it.

• Like 1