IGNORED

New Atari 8-bit scans and video

Savetz

This is awesome!! This video was produced by Atari and mentioned here in this document.

http://www.atarimania.com/documents/Atari_User_Group_Packet.pdf

Now we just need to find a copy of the Promotional Easel and the 1200XL Support Materials and then everything mentioned in the Atari User Group Packet will be archived.

I love the part of the video that shows all the APX titles on the shelf. Drool..... :)

Allan

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Atari Touch The Future Brochure — Atari 800 catalog <-- a beautiful 1979 brochure that I hadn't seen before

Atari BASIC BNF - Backus–Naur Form

Atari BASIC Known Problems Memo

Atari Calculator Cartridge Specification

Fig-FORTH Glossary

FORTH Assembler For 6502 Microprocessor

Atari Diagnostic Cartridge Evaluation Memo

Atari WSFN Manual Draft

Atari WSFN - An Introduction - draft

Atari PILOT Internal Specification — this had already been scanned, here's another copy marked up for edits by the author, Harry Stewart

Atari Pilot External Specification — this had already been scanned, here's another copy marked up for edits by the author, Harry Stewart

• Like 9

All of these seem to be photographed from a lightbox.

The baseball game literally looks like a screen drawn entirely with ATASCII characters, which makes me _really_ suspect...This is a machine where using the sprites, or even the multicolor tile modes are actually easier than trying to draw everything using the OS routines...

-Thom

(edited because I went back and zoomed in)

Edited by tschak909

• 3 weeks later...

The source code for the educational game Character Fun, published by Atari Program Exchange in 1983. Scans provided by the author, Bruce Campbell, and released with permission.

https://archive.org/details/AtariCharacterFunSourceCode

The program is in Atari BASIC, but it was released as an assembly language program - he used some sort of p-code system to massage it the release version into assembly language.

—Kevin

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I picked up a bunch of user group disks — mostly from SPACE (Seattle Puget Sound) at Portland Retro Gaming Expo. The majority of the disks that I acquired are already archived (I found them on POOLDISK.) I archived the ones that I wasn't sure were already achieved.

They are in the attached ZIP file. I thought the Portland Atari Club Story disks were particularly cute, and hadn't seen them before.

SPACE disks.zip

BRACE 22 - Graphics Demos.atr

BRACE 23 - Graphics Demos.atr
C-SQD 1 - 3-D CAD.atr
C-SQD 2 - CAD Facility side A.atr
C-SQD 2 - CAD Facility side B.atr
JACS PSG1 Print Shop Graphics.atr
JACS PSG2 Print Shop Graphics.atr
Portland Atari Club Story 1 The Noisy Giant.atr
Portland Atari Club Story 2 Caveman Joe.atr
SPACE 3-D CAD & XY Plot side A.atr
SPACE 3-D CAD & XY Plot side B.atr
SPACE 42 - Print Shop Graphics.atr
SPACE 43 - Print Shop Graphics.atr
SPACE 54 - Turbo BASIC side A.atr
SPACE 54 - Turbo BASIC side B.atr
SPACE 57 - Drill Instructor.atr
SPACE 58 - Education.atr
SPACE 61 - Print Shop Graphics.atr
SPACE 62 - Print Shop Graphics.atr
SPACE 63 - Print Shop Utilities.atr
SPACE 70 - Print Shop Graphics.atr
SPACE 71 - Print Shop Graphics.atr
SPACE 72 - Printer Utilities - Dot-Magic.atr
SPACE 73 - Printer Utilities - Screendump II.atr
SPACE 78 - Daisy-Dot II side A.atr
SPACE 78 - Daisy-Dot II side B.atr
SPACE 86A - Machine Language games - Gabi.atr
SPACE 86B - Machine Language games - Kvadryk.atr

Kevin

• Like 7

• 1 year later...

I received a bunch of new scans from Harry Stewart:

LNBUG 2 Manual: https://archive.org/details/LNBUG2

LNBUG 6.0 Manual: https://archive.org/details/LNBUG6.0

This was apparently a debug package for the then-prototype Colleen computer, developed by Larry Nicholson at Cyan Engineering. I couldn't find anything about it. I wonder if a copy still exists.

Atari Cambridge Research Language Design meeting agenda: https://archive.org/details/AtariCambridgeResearchMeetingAgenda

Harry said: "Here is the agenda for a 1982 meeting in Cambridge, MA. We flew out there in the corporate jet (Gulfstream?) – nice."

Atari PILOT Eliza 2 by Carol Shaw: https://archive.org/details/AtariPILOTEliza

"Here is a two-part scan of a version of Joseph Weizenbaum’s Eliza program that was written in Atari PILOT by Carol Shaw (date unknown)."

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...
From Harry Stewart:
"Here is a scan of a document describing a Disk File Management system for Atari. Unfortunately there is no date, and I don’t remember if this documents a released product or not. Let me know if you are able to determine its relevance."

• Like 4

Now these are the things discovered and works of friends that make the Atari community the joy and wondrous thing that it is. Thank you for your tireless (or should I say endless patience) in putting this all together. Kevin and Brewster you are the bright stars in a dimly lit universe for without these efforts so much would be lost

Now if you could just tell me where the Flux capacitor went..... :) _The Doc__

From Harry Stewart:
"Here is a scan of a document describing a Disk File Management system for Atari. Unfortunately there is no date, and I don’t remember if this documents a released product or not. Let me know if you are able to determine its relevance."

Looks to me like the "DOS 3" project also mentioned by Brian Johnston. (Which I still suspect was a whole different project from the released DOS 3.)

I would guess 1981.

Wow, the very first version of the Atari 800 manual from 1979. Only 200 were printed.
Astute Atari nerds will notice many differences between what's shown in this prototype manual and the reality of production hardware/software.

Man-o-man THANK YOU for uploading that !!!! I only had a look at this two days ago.....everyone who only slightly likes Atari's artwork should look at every page of this manual !!!

What an orgy of late 70's hand drawn typical Atari-style artwork..... L-O-V-E I-T !!!!

Look what a warmth those people who are using the system are radiating....even the "business" guys....also love that "unpacking" drawing. ....... and what about a special drawing to illustrate that (cursed) switch box ?

Man those were different times....sigh.....

post-25272-0-03804600-1512072585_thumb.jpg

post-25272-0-87120000-1512072704_thumb.jpg

Edited by Level42
  • Like 1

From Harry Stewart:

August 1978 Atari Consumer divisions George Simcock hired consultant Harry B. Stewart to oversee and document "Colleen" systems software development problem here is that could be any number of file manager iterations but it would be well before the 1050. The Atari was attached to an 8 inch drive at one time and had several different DOS and FMS's, a brief flirtation with a weird drive from CYAN (Grass Valley) until the 810 arrived so that leaves the time frame for the document to be very short... So perhaps DOS DOS 1. or DOS 2. related can't be much else and that only leaves a couple of years.

The cover still shows Stewart with his NEOTERIC label though he still considered himself a consultant but was more so a contractor. Best guess this is earlier than later.. the 1982 date on archive.org seems very late for the document indeed.

Edited by _The Doctor__

some of the ocr seems to have failed on a number of documents... :(

If someone reads it closely enough they'll match up with whatever file system I'm sure...

last he did was what mid 83? Five years of fun!

Edited by _The Doctor__

The last things I got from JR Hall's files are interesting!

Candy/Colleen I/O Subsystem. Circa 1978-1979. https://archive.org/details/CandyColleenIOSubsystem

Atari 400/800 Serial Input/Output Port Users Handbook. Dated 1979-07-02. https://archive.org/details/Atari400800SerialInputOutputPortUsersHandbook

Based on somewhat similar text, I believe these are predecessors, early versions, or drafts of what would become sections of the Atari 400/800 Operating System Users Manual. But at this point they are stand-alone guides that aren't as polished.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

More scans, from material loaned to me by JR Hall of Eastern House Software —

These are Atari-related:

Atari Monkey Wrench manual

Monkey Wrench II manual

EHS KISS Manual

EHS MAE Software Development Specifications

Eastern House Software flyer

Eastern House Software catalogs

Any line on getting copies of the software to go with these (particularly, KISS and MAE)?