IGNORED

Colecovision Reproduction Cartridge Labels

pboland

These look great! My only concern here is (ducks while people throw rotten tomatoes) is that these are so good that collectors will mistake them for the original labels. I know personally I would be quite pissed to have hunted down the best quality copy of a pretty rare game (and paid top dollar for it) only to one day find out that the label was not printed by the original makers of the game back in the 80's but reprinted in the 2010's. What kind of safeguard is there? I don't see the labels mentioning reproduction or a new date of print. I guess after all of these years I have a pretty good eye for the original labels and would be able to tell...or maybe not? And I guess this can happen regardless if you were offering them or not.....

Aside from being a purist...I do say these look great and would make any cruddy old collection look minty fresh :)

Did I miss Spy Hunter? Would you be able to make that reproduction?

Yes, I have that one and many others. Please PM me for a complete list of available labels and pricing.

P.S. I updated the first post as it was out dated and many things have changed since the start of this thread. Also, here is a new sample picture of some of the labels for the ColecoVision that I have in my catalog. Please keep in mind my catalog is quite large and this is just a sample of some labels I have. Again, please PM me for a complete list of labels.

post-9874-0-96631600-1480564868_thumb.jpg

Edited by pboland

These look great! My only concern here is (ducks while people throw rotten tomatoes) is that these are so good that collectors will mistake them for the original labels. I know personally I would be quite pissed to have hunted down the best quality copy of a pretty rare game (and paid top dollar for it) only to one day find out that the label was not printed by the original makers of the game back in the 80's but reprinted in the 2010's. What kind of safeguard is there? I don't see the labels mentioning reproduction or a new date of print. I guess after all of these years I have a pretty good eye for the original labels and would be able to tell...or maybe not? And I guess this can happen regardless if you were offering them or not.....

Aside from being a purist...I do say these look great and would make any cruddy old collection look minty fresh :)

Take a look at Post #13

Yes, I have that one and many others. Please PM me for a complete list of available labels and pricing.

P.S. I updated the first post as it was out dated and many things have changed since the start of this thread. Also, here is a new sample picture of some of the labels for the ColecoVision that I have in my catalog. Please keep in mind my catalog is quite large and this is just a sample of some labels I have. Again, please PM me for a complete list of labels.

attachicon.gifColecoSample.jpg

Sent you a PM, thank you

• 9 months later...

I got a Colecovision lot with a good number of games in it recently. Some were in pretty good shape considering their age but a good number of them had the usual label wear and tear that plagues games of this age. I came across Pboland's thread while doing a Google search and the labels looked quality enough so I figured I'd give them a shot. He got the labels to me in about a week, and I was so impressed with what I got.

Where Atari and Coleco games use a matte photo paper, these are thick super glossy labels. The print quality is amazing, with the only noticeable differences being some color tones and the alignment of some text. Combat also isn't the text version label, but the picture type instead. This is all fine by me as it makes them hard to pass off as "genuine" while still looking extremely nice. Getting all these replaced also enabled me to open up the carts and clean the pins up, which some games needed badly. The labels are super sticky but are forgiving if you need to lift up a spot and readjust the label before permanently laying it down.

Carnival is unfortunately dead so I am not bothering swapping the label on that for now, but the difference between old beat up label and new shiny label is night and day. If you're on the fence about getting these check out the pics I took to show just how sharp these are.

I will definitely be ordering more labels from Pboland in the future, as I think you'll be hard pressed to find labels this clean with Atari and Coleco carts.

Now if only we could solve the mystery on getting the Colecovision front decals repro'd that would be amazing lol.post-61926-0-43653700-1506350093_thumb.jpgpost-61926-0-70886400-1506350094_thumb.jpgpost-61926-0-52027600-1506350096_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
On 1/21/2012 at 2:41 PM, pboland said:
post-9874-0-96597800-1480564239_thumb.jpg

I have a large catalog of labels to choose from. I will only produce those labels that I've cleaned up myself. These labels are 100% reproduced by me and printed on high quality sheet labels. The labels are then laminated and computer cut to proper size. You get a peal and stick label that is glossy and smudge proof. I have way too many labels to picture and I have more than just Coleco branded Colecovision labels. Including: Coleco, Atari Soft, Parker Bros., Activision, and many more.

post-9874-0-71784400-1480564232_thumb.jpg

Please PM me for my current list of titles and prices. (Many labels are just $2.00 each)

Pricing is based on the type of label. Please keep in mind there is a $20.00 minimum purchase (not including shipping charges). Shipping is $7.00 inside the U.S.A. via USPS Priority Mail. Shipping OUTSIDE U.S.A. is $12.00 USPS First Class International mail. I except payment via PayPal only. PM me if you are interested or just have questions. Thanks!

P.S. Here's the thread that started all: Colecovision Labels Thread.

Again, please PM me for my current list of titles and prices.

Update (11/30/2016)

Updated description text and picture with new costs.

Hi there,

Are you still making these labels?

On 11/30/2016 at 10:56 PM, pboland said:

post-9874-0-96631600-1480564868_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/21/2012 at 2:41 PM, pboland said:
post-9874-0-96597800-1480564239_thumb.jpg

I have a large catalog of labels to choose from. I will only produce those labels that I've cleaned up myself. These labels are 100% reproduced by me and printed on high quality sheet labels. The labels are then laminated and computer cut to proper size. You get a peal and stick label that is glossy and smudge proof. I have way too many labels to picture and I have more than just Coleco branded Colecovision labels. Including: Coleco, Atari Soft, Parker Bros., Activision, and many more.

post-9874-0-71784400-1480564232_thumb.jpg

Please PM me for my current list of titles and prices. (Many labels are just $2.00 each)

Pricing is based on the type of label. Please keep in mind there is a $20.00 minimum purchase (not including shipping charges). Shipping is $7.00 inside the U.S.A. via USPS Priority Mail. Shipping OUTSIDE U.S.A. is $12.00 USPS First Class International mail. I except payment via PayPal only. PM me if you are interested or just have questions. Thanks!

P.S. Here's the thread that started all: Colecovision Labels Thread.

Again, please PM me for my current list of titles and prices.

Update (11/30/2016)

Updated description text and picture with new costs.

Is pboland still selling these?  How do I pm him?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

Newly signed up member here from St. Paul MN. I had a Colecovision as a kid and recently bought another one and am now up to about 30 carts and most are in bad to worse shape. I’m interested in buying labels for them, not sure if I can PM yet?

Best,

Rutager