IGNORED

Intellivision Mission: Secret Santa

DZ-Jay

Here's an update from Santa's HQ:

• nanochess, you have been a very good boy, and your loot is on its way.
  • Scalpel, there's a package making its way to you from across the big Atlantic pond!
  • BBWW, you have a package in the mail going your way, keep an eye out.
  • fsuinnc, it appears you have a special delivery either today or tomorrow...
  • m-crew, a rockin' present is coming your way! \m/(>_<)\m/
  • mr_intv, Santa has just confirmed that he is bringing a present your way from the Land of Oz.
  • cvga, your package will ship soon, so don't despair.

Remember, we're running out of time, so make sure you get your packages in the mail this week!

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 4

I'm getting a kick our of reading the updates in this thread. Thanks for the smiles!

Here's an update from Santa's HQ:

• nanochess, you have been a very good boy, and your loot is on its way.
  • Scalpel, there's a package making its way to you from across the big Atlantic pond!
  • BBWW, you have a package in the mail going your way, keep an eye out.
  • fsuinnc, it appears you have a special delivery either today or tomorrow...
  • m-crew, a rockin' present is coming your way! \m/(>_<)\m/
  • mr_intv, Santa has just confirmed that he is bringing a present your way from the Land of Oz.
  • cvga, your package will ship soon, so don't despair.

Remember, we're running out of time, so make sure you get your packages in the mail this week!

-dZ.

I see that a couple of you have not responded to my PMs and have not notified me of your shipments. Remember, we're running out of time, so you should get your packages in the post as soon as possible! You don't want to be the Grumpy Humbug Cat this year leaving your fellow Intellivisionites wondering what happened... :o

post-27318-0-05527000-1481886462_thumb.png

MAKE YOUR SHIPMENTS SOON! The children of the world are counting on you!

• Like 2

Another update:

• cvga, Santa knows you've been a good boy this year, and you are certainly on the "Nice" list. So your Secret Santa Agent finally posted your present today. He says he hopes it makes it because he had to use some creative packaging-fu to get it all together! :o
  • Fushek, your Secret Santa Agent has confirmed a package is on its way to you! Keep an eye out for the carrier-reindeers in your neighborhood! :thumbsup:

Updated.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

So Today when I got home from a day at work , There was a commotion around my mailbox... By the time I got close enough to see who or what was going on... They disappeared and all that was left was footprints in the snow and a box... Guess what !! It was my Secret Santa !!!!

Awesome Kool !!!! You Rock Secret Santa, Thank you !!!!

Cheers

G

I just read a great reason to do this. Again, thanks to dZ for making this happen!

https://www.reddit.com/r/secretsanta/comments/5iyrun/what_secret_santa_means_to_me/

Thanks for sharing that FS !!! Yes Thanks to You DZ and everyone all the other secret santas !!!! :)

I just read that and it made me weep. I love Christmas. I don't have children, but I have no problem acting like a child myself during Christmas day. I am very lucky to have a wife that loves Christmas (almost) as much as I do and who enjoys keeping up our childhood traditions and making up some new ones for ourselves.

We decorate a huge tree in our living room, we fill it up with colourful presents. I build a lego train around the Christmas tree and she builds a little Lego winter village. I make coquito, the traditional Puerto Rican Christmas drink with Rum and cocoanut milk, and she bakes cookies.

We dress up in new Christmassy pajamas on Christmas Eve and drink hot cocoa in front of the fire. We play our huge collection of Christmas music all throughout December, and put It's A Wonderful Life, Miracle On 34th Street, A Christmas Story, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and other classics on loop on the TV. We give each other thoughtful presents and make a special Christmas breakfast. We make a fancy goose dinner on Christmas night and try to have family and friends over as they can.

We love Christmas and we try to keep it alive even when nobody else is around to share it with. We start our celebration strictly on December 1st, and go on enjoying Christmas in one way or another all the way to February and sometimes even March or April!

I love the giving more than the receiving (although the kid in me still loves receiving loot every year! :grin:), and that is why I do this: Secret Santa is just an excuse to share my excitement of Christmas with others. I prepared the questionnaire specifically so that we could learn a bit about each other more than just to find out what to give.

So far it's been great and I hope next year we can get more people in it. :)

So there. That's my Christmas story. This is why I do this and why it's important to me. I am very glad I did it and I am very happy that you all joined in.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

post-27318-0-35643500-1482149619_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Update - I just got my stuff. Thanks Secret Santa! Once I cracked the box open and read the letter inside, I stopped and closed it up. I can't wait until the 25th for the full reveal!

Awesome! I think everyone's shipped already, so it's just a matter of waiting for those still in transit, and then waiting until Christmas to open the loot! :thumbsup: :)

• Like 1