unsigned __fastcall__ lynx_eeread_93c46(unsigned char cell);

; /* Read a 16 bit word from the given address */

; write word to EEPROM

; void __fastcall__ lynx_eewrite_93c46(unsigned int addr, unsigned int val);

2048 bytes:

; unsigned int __fastcall__ lynx_eeread_93c86(unsigned int addr);

; write word to EEPROM

; void __fastcall__ lynx_eewrite_93c86(unsigned int addr, unsigned int val);

It adds a few cents to the components but does not affect the price of the cart.

Oh, thanks, I didn't think about save game. I'll try this too. I can save on eeprom on lynxSD cart ?

Hi. Is the ROM still running too fast on hardware? I can test for you guys on my Lynx SD cart.

I think the ROM runs at the right speed on the actual hardware, but tests on real harware are welcome.

• Like 1

Oh, thanks, I didn't think about save game. I'll try this too. I can save on eeprom on lynxSD cart ?

I think the ROM runs at the right speed on the actual hardware, but tests on real harware are welcome.

I don't think you have eeprom's on emulators or SD cart.

What I usually do is write a Magic byte in the first location to signal that an eeprom is available. With the eeprom you just don't lose your high scores when you turn the Lynx off.

• Like 1

What I usually do is write a Magic byte in the first location to signal that an eeprom is available. With the eeprom you just don't lose your high scores when you turn the Lynx off.

Yep. I asking this for the testing. I'll have no cart with eeprom to make final test.

I just test the file "eestest.o" on handy. File from Sage website. It's seems to work but I'm not sure. But in any case, the backup will be erased at the next boot.

I try to add music with chipper tracker. Chipper version 1.7.6.0

I load an example song and export to "BLL driver -> export CC65 remake", add the default "soundbs.mac" and change the track file to add good value :

;;; source file for CC65 "remake" compiler
	.include "soundbs.mac"
	.global musicptr
	.rodata
musicptr:
	.word CHANNEL_0, CHANNEL_1, CHANNEL_2, CHANNEL_3

PATTERN_LENGTH   .set  1920

TO

.include "soundbs.mac"
.export _musicptr

.segment "POPCORN_RODATA"
_musicptr:
	.word CHANNEL_0, CHANNEL_1, CHANNEL_2, CHANNEL_3
PATTERN_LENGTH   .set  1920

The game crash when loading the track.

Do I need to change something ? In my map, I don't have error on memory segment.

You have eeprom support in the latest handy version. (the beta found in the porgrammers forum). Not sure if I put it into retroarch, too.

but, you need to add some value to the header. need either a very new make_lnx or some hex editor.

• Like 1

You have eeprom support in the latest handy version. (the beta found in the porgrammers forum). Not sure if I put it into retroarch, too.

but, you need to add some value to the header. need either a very new make_lnx or some hex editor.

Nice. Obviously I need to add the feature to the default lnx header so that any game using eeproms get the right bits set in the header automatically.

• Like 1

The chipper is not running from the VBL interrupt. It should use a high speed dedicated timer7 running at 240Hz. It should be independent from the frame rate.

_lynx_snd_init:
	php
	sei
	lda	#%10011000|_31250Hz
	sta	$FD1D
	lda	#129
	sta	$FD1C	; set up a 240Hz IRQ
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------
; lynx_snd_handler is run at every sound interrupt
;

lynx_snd_handler:
	lda	INTSET
	and	#TIMER7_INTERRUPT
	bne	@L0
	clc
	rts
@L0:

This should be found at the resident/lynx-snd.s

• Like 1

The song is a 240Hz Axel tune. I can hear it using Mednafen.

I should really take the time to sit down with my keyboard and compose some new music. Once I get the idea I can easily play it into Chipper using the ASCII keyboard.

For a game like Flappy Bird you need some kind of steady beat song with sudden up/down changing patterns. Something that fits the game. Cool, jumpy and repetitive.

• Like 1

Don't know if this "song" is well known in your parts of the world, but in 1980 we had this terrible thing called the "Vogeltjesdans" (= bird's dance). I totally hated it but it was a smash hit here (there was even a dance that "matched" it...). It's annoying and yet it's one of those tune's that sticks in your mind....

I've always thought this tune would be perfect for Flappy Bird because, let's face it, the game is annoying and irritating too :D :D

Here it is:

• Like 2

Here is a single channel chickendance. Included as a song and as an exported cc65 track.

It loops forever....

Of course we could add more band for the remaining 3 channels. But in a way I would like to keep the sound just as simple as the game.

http://79.125.115.174/pics/chickendance.mp3

One thing that is disturbing is that after making this tune on Chipper I now even remember the dance moves.

How do you un-remember a tune? It is playing in my head now. :(

We really need a yellow warning sticker on this cart.

chickendance.zip

Edited by karri
  • Like 3

Don't know if this "song" is well known in your parts of the world, but in 1980 we had this terrible thing called the "Vogeltjesdans" (= bird's dance). I totally hated it but it was a smash hit here (there was even a dance that "matched" it...). It's annoying and yet it's one of those tune's that sticks in your mind....

I've always thought this tune would be perfect for Flappy Bird because, let's face it, the game is annoying and irritating too :D :D

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RrfbUmQ_B8

YESS!!! I votes for "Chicken Dance" playing in continuous loop from the moment the cart loads. Playback uninterrupted while you die and restart over and over with no option to mute it. :rolling:
  • Like 2

Oh no, "La danse des canards" :-D Coin Coin.

I've played this yet at the primary school spectacle. 30 years ago...

Thanks a lot for the tune, I'll try this in my code.

I've added collision. Only need to change the font rotation. I've spend my time on a big bug. Everytime, I'm going back to the intro the game freeze. Because I forgot to stop the sound ... works better now.

I'll add the chiptune and put a new version on the forum.

• Like 2

4-channels Chicken dance? Are we working on a Mega-annoying release or what?

Edit: Ah, sorry. You did not notice that there was no channels 1, 2, 3 in the build.

Here is the cart. Just waiting for content.

post-2099-0-27235900-1483193592_thumb.png

The eeprom here is the small one 128 bytes. Is it enough? Or should I use the 2048 bytes one?

Actually there is even space for a 64k eeprom on the pcb but nobody has written the driver for that yet.

Edited by karri
  • Like 2

Edit: Ah, sorry. You did not notice that there was no channels 1, 2, 3 in the build.

attachicon.gifflappycart.png

The eeprom here is the small one 128 bytes. Is it enough? Or should I use the 2048 bytes one?

Actually there is even space for a 64k eeprom on the pcb but nobody has written the driver for that yet.

:-D

I love this red cartridge. You're my Santa Claus. Music + cartridge.

I have a nearly finish version. Collision, score, music. Maybe need to change the difficulty after some time. i'll doing this tomorrow.

For saving the highscore, I add the function for the eeprom and everything seems fine. In the emulator, the writting / reading function works. But of course, the emulator doesn't seem to save it when I reload the game (I try with the Sage version of handy 0.971).But you tell me, I need magic byte in header.

For testing, I use something like and mynameH = 4000 after the operation :

mynameH = 6000;
myname = 4000;

lynx_eewrite_93c46(0, myname);
mynameH = lynx_eeread_93c46(0);

Sorry for my English. use an automatic translator.

In my opinion, for the Atari lynx it is better to use "lynxFlapp002.zip"

Ideally, horizontal screen with some sound.

a cartridge will be created for the lynx?

My highest score is 6! :(

With the last version, it'll be more easy.

But I prefer, the Vertical version 'cause of the original game.

Yes, We'll can have a cartridge . The more smaller and annoying game for the lynx.

I need to add "not for resale" on the front page. :grin:

flapvert5b.zip

• Like 1

attachicon.gifflappycart.png

I couldn't help but notice the sheet music, trebel clef but no bass clef? Also I'm no sheet music expert, but the piano part looks like single note melody to me, excluding the guitar chords... :P