IGNORED

HSC13 R21: SS Achilles and Seasonal Bonus!

therealbountybob

No, timer does nothing, at least in this version of the game. It's just run in circles.

or when it runs out does a new fungus start ;)

Learning more each go!

Played on Expert - we could all do this like RedThunder said it's not that much different. I scored 11/21 Bronze Solar Flare Cluster :)

• Like 1

or when it runs out does a new fungus start ;)

Learning more each go!

Played on Expert - we could all do this like RedThunder said it's not that much different. I scored 11/21 Bronze Solar Flare Cluster :)

You might be onto something here :-)

and

Lets go "Full Expert on Achilles". Never go Full Expert.... ;-) What film was that .....IGMC.

@TTRB

I think you are right the timer is only related to Fungal Growth.

Just stuck it on Expert and stuck it on fast forward watching the map. Growth seem to occur on at key timings.

Check out on your Altirra.

On Expert:

Growth spurt every 30 secs. Possible new growth within the 2m:30s window.

Edited by RedThunder
  • Like 1

OK SS Achilles latest theory: perhaps you can finish the level by getting onto the shuttle if you've got all the items and have no fungal outbreak? You guys who have get the furthest - did you collect everything, even the items in the rooms with the fungus?

Now just how did JK40001 :thumbsup: get that score on his Snow Plow :ponder: must be missing something unless it rewards lives left at the end or something or perhaps he did an A-Team style upgrade on it in his garage :-D

End of Season Poll Part 1 - OPEN

If we get a few more votes then we can start the final poll soon :)

[edit] on Inept had a "Steel Meteor Medal" 9/21 and "Steel Order of the Lunar Winds" for 14/26. Keep running out of power :mad: :grin:

• Like 1

SnowPlow 5,010 Ahhh so you can get more points :D :P

OK 9,660 now we're having fun. Game seems to make raspberry noise after go so wonder if it's trying to save score or do something clever like print out? Perhaps try the XEX on a proper DOS menu/disk?

Just searching (after playing) and found the author's web page with SnowPlow Info and an Editor too - will try and send him a message :)

Looks like there should be 6 boards/levels so will search for an ATR version ;-)

• Like 1

Now just how did JK40001 :thumbsup: get that score on his Snow Plow :ponder: must be missing something unless it rewards lives left at the end or something or perhaps he did an A-Team style upgrade on it in his garage :-D

Sorry, not any fancy stuff used here. I have no idea how I got this score, I was just playing the game:)

SnowPlow probably most of us (apart from JK40001) were avoiding the cars but it's more fun (and points) to plow them! The instructions on the link above tell all and the backstory is very amusing :)

I've started another thread on the main forum asking for more info on both games

• Like 3

I don't know whether this might help...or hinder.

I grabbed a screen grab of map and went at it in MS PAINT.... who needs photoshop ;-).

The routes marked in red IMO are the key corridors marked in. [HSC Top Tip] keep a eye on the corridor that are two blocks wide, they always lead to Rome [/HSC Top Tip]

There is a little orange room link... quite handy ;-)

Scanner rooms in Blue, Beige colour room towards the bottom with 9 blocks is a strategic hub IMO

:-)

post-48102-0-53593000-1482861930_thumb.png

Relic collection strategy solely depends on initial growth placement which is random.

Cheers for now, I'm going to have a whisky :-)

• Like 2

Latest Tables

SS Achilles

Inept

1st Dope - Silver Solar Flare Cluster 20/40 12pts

2nd RedThunder - Silver Order of the Lunar Winds 11pts
3rd JK40001 - Silver Order of the Lunar Winds 10pts

4th therealbountybob - Bronze Meteor Ribbon 11/21 9pts

5th Travis - Steel Meteor Ribbon 9/21 8pts
Expert (bonus challenge)

1st RedThunder - Golden Star Nebular Band 18/29 3pts

2nd Dope - Silver Galactic Cross 20/40 2pts

3rd therealbountybob - Bronze Solar Flare Cluster 11/21 1pt

Snow Plow

See posts above for info on the game - Crush them cars for more points!

1st therealbountybob (p) 9,660 5pts

2nd Travis 5,610 4pts

3rd JK40001 5,010 3pts

4th RedThunder (n) 4,810 2pts
4th Dope (n) 4,810 2pts
4th roadrunner (n) 4,810 2pts

we need a tie break vote and then we can start the final poll

• Like 1

SS Achilles - I was awarded a Commendation, which I guess is the lowest award!

No idea what I was doing just collected some stuff and took it to the Shuttle!

There's lots of info on the posts above for both games :)

SS Achilles - is a pretty decent game - I know I can do better but keep getting fried when stupidly going into the fungus to salvage things :-o

Snowplow - I might take a look at the source code and see if I can get the other levels to work :ponder:

we need a tie break vote and then we can start the final poll

Think i prefer Snowplow 10720

c'mon 10 year old Travis got the hang of it after a couple of goes! Ferry the stuff back to the shuttle, check the computer for fungus outbreaks and seal them in - repeat :)

OK I'm going to put the final poll on... POLL OPEN :spidey:

GOLDEN DWARF STAR MEDAL OF HONOUR ANYONE :grin: :grin:

post-19705-0-96796700-1483189563_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-61065100-1483189586_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-10082000-1483189578_thumb.jpg

So I managed to get all the stuff and not run out of power by using less turbo and checking the computer as the clock got low and sealing and re-sealing in more space fungus. Then I boarded the shuttle and using my Atari instincts I figured you must have to press something, so mashed the keyboard and probably the SPACEBAR caused the shuttle to take off!

WE'LL EXTEND THIS ROUND UNTIL MONDAY THE 2ND 10AM TO GIVE EVERYONE TIME TO PLAY AND TO VOTE FOR THE FINAL ROUND - MAIN POLL OPEN :spidey:

[edit] Analog Mag #64 has the SnowPlow game info, looks like the construcion set was released on Issue 65's disk but there is only 1 map supplied thought the game may support 6 - I've had a quick look at the code (MAC/65) and a mess about on the editor :)

• Like 1