IGNORED

HSC13 R21: SS Achilles and Seasonal Bonus!

therealbountybob

Either my keyboard lacks some keys or it still doesn't work. :( Maybe it's a matter of emulator...

OK I'll play again tomorrow - I'm sure it wasn't a dream!! The shuttle just makes a noise and disappears... where to? Now that's the next question ;)

I've been busy with Snowplow so checkout the New Year's Disk 2017 on the main fourm guys ;)

and a Happy New Year to you all :)

• Like 1

SS Achilles - played on "Novice" but it got fungussey pretty quickly 13/28 Silver Order o.t. Lunar Winds. Had another go on "inept" to try and find the take off button but fell apart at 17/36 - too much turbo and panic, so it will remain a mystery for now...

...Dope I was thinking if you didn't find it on the PC keyboard and I did mashing the 130XE then it might be one of the non-letter keys that might need shift etc on the PC to reach... I had a feeling it was on the right side :D

We'll run this round until we get a few more votes - I've released a 3 or maybe 4 level version of SnowPlow on the "New Year Disk" 2017 if anyone wants to play that too :)

So the original SnowPlow having inbuilt level loading explains why you return to the title screen an can start again with score and lives left. I might create some extra levels on top of those I have already done :)

FINAL ROUND - MAIN POLL OPEN :)

Oh does the score not reset on snowplow? I guess thats how i got 10k then. I did wonder how my score got so high!

I think if you complete the game and the disk is mounted it tries to load the next not existing level file and then you press start to play it and it continues... might be wrong - the new version I've done has 3 working levels but I will probably do the other three to finish it off as it's a decent enough game :)

WE NEED A TIE-BREAKING VOTE, there must be another HSCer lurking somewhere ;)

Thanks for playing everyone; was nice to find such a good old game though it did take a bit of figuring out. I won the round as I was the only one to find the secret button :D Snow Plow I released a 3 screen version on the New Year Disk and am working on a version with even more levels once I have debugged the level loading code ;)

Final Tables

SS Achilles

Inept

1st therealbountybob - Golden Dwarf Star Medal of Honour 20/40 12pts

2nd Dope - Silver Solar Flare Cluster 20/40 11pts

3rd RedThunder - Silver Order of the Lunar Winds 10pts
3rd JK40001 - Silver Order of the Lunar Winds 10pts

5th Travis - Steel Meteor Ribbon 9/21 8pts

6th McKong - Bronze Meteor Ribbon 7pts
Expert (bonus challenge)

1st RedThunder - Golden Star Nebular Band 18/29 3pts

2nd Dope - Silver Galactic Cross 20/40 2pts