IGNORED

Drakhan's Night

abaudrand

Here's a topic about fixed point math:

http://www.atariage....xed-point-math/

It may be retarded but you could probably simulate numbers like 1.3 by using two variables.

thanks for the link. I didn't knew you can include the player0X/Y in the writing to spare a variable. However my issue is probably simple for good programmer. all the parts I use this methode work fine safe the part on the mountain with lightnings (cf. video on the blog). If the player go left and slide a bit, he can stop by pushing joystick right. but if you slide right and push left to stop sliding, the increment still going as the value can' t be set at zero. I got this for over a year and left for the moment as I think the issue come from another part of the program.

I ll post it later as I prefer increase my knowledge by doing other part that eventually help me to understand the problem. :)

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Teaser #1

a bit outdated video but which could give you an insight of the game. sorry for the horrible accent. The project is for the moment on stand-by as I had to switch to W7. The compilation of bataribasic weirdly crashed on some instructions that were okay on the XP built I had. I got a long list of bugs to solve just to have the same version which is displayed on this video.

• Like 1

a trial of packaging: still work to do on it but its a good start icon_smile.gif

This game looks really cool i would definitely buy a cartridge, I love the general artwork but not so keen on the traditional label style and font, i think it would look better being a full label using the title font from the packaging, Great work though, How close to finishing are you??

This game looks really cool i would definitely buy a cartridge, I love the general artwork but not so keen on the traditional label style and font, i think it would look better being a full label using the title font from the packaging, Great work though, How close to finishing are you??

thanks for the feedback. the artwork will be rewrapped to be more close to games of that era. I agree that the label and cart lables should not match atari game. Anyway the game is at a crossage for the moment: Debugging the current version and finish it on a 32ko scheme or completly rewrite it and go for a 64ko version. Me and my bro are focused on the moment on a short sci fi movie and are quite busy on it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm looking for a blueprint for making a PCB. The game will use a 64ko+SARA chip scheme. if anyone have schematics, it will be very helpful.

Unfortunately, there are no reference on this website: http://www.grandideastudio.com/portfolio/pixels-past/

Are you sure you don't want to be lazy and just let AtariAge supply the boards? I think the Melody boards can already handle 64k + SARA. At least I thought so :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

We haven't succeed to make a cartridge using old chip from Atari game like Desert Falcon. My friend Yann who was trying to make it left the project as his new job is too demanding. No further update to come for the moment. I'm currently changing job and back at school till end of year.

Edited by abaudrand

Yes you told me that once. We will make our decision about the cartridge once the game will be completed. I'd rather come with something working instead of wasting other's people time. Anyway thanks for the offer :)

I also have well over 200 SARA games for donors. :ponder:

This is just a box with 200 boards, I have piles of more carts. I collect them for homebrews, there are millions of Crystal Castles and Dig Dug's out there.

IMG_2407.JPG

• 7 months later...