IGNORED

FlappyBird test

tonma

There is a few extra carts made. As flash carts and SD carts are still not available to all Lynxers you have a chance for a limited time to get one of the most annoying test release game ever made for your belowed Lynx. The link below goes to my paypal karri at sipo fi address. The price €13 includes posting.

attachicon.gifflappytest.png

Thanks for doing that, Karri - I ordered one :-D

Man, they look awesome in yellow ! Thanks !!!!!!

Flappy times are here again!

I asked my wife if I should spend some time testing the Flappy bird carts.

She said "NO, mail them now!"

So very soon the fellow developers will enjoy the latest and greatest Flappy bird Lynx release. Enjoy, the cart is in the mail.

attachicon.gifdelivery.jpg

• Like 1

maybe studpid to ask, which em,ulator and which version?

Not all all. :P

I tried

-handy 0.971 (custom version for sound) Windows

-mednafen Windows 64 - 0.9.39.2

-mednafen linux 0.8.D.3

-retroarch 1.3.6 Windows with handy core 0.97

-retroarch 1.3.6 Windows with mednafen core 0.9.32

But maybe this come from my code, karri changed it because i always save 0 for highscore. I'll test again tomorrow.

Edited by tonma

ints not implemented in mednafen ... at least I did not submit it to them.

not sure abotut retroarch... might or might not be included. as there were no check-cases, i guess I didnt bother to include it (yet).

at least ahndy 0.971 is not including it.

0.98beta is the deal.

ints not implemented in mednafen ... at least I did not submit it to them.

not sure abotut retroarch... might or might not be included. as there were no check-cases, i guess I didnt bother to include it (yet).

at least ahndy 0.971 is not including it.

0.98beta is the deal.

ok.

I didn't find the .98 beta on web. Do you have a link or compiled version for Windows/Linux ?

Hi sage. The eeprom is only read once at startup. Out of 10 carts 8 worked perfectly. On the 2 "bad" carts I thought the eeprom was bad and swapped it with a new one. But it still failed.

Then I went in with my debuggin tools and the content was correct. The eeprom worked like a dream. But when I started the Lynx the first read was always FFFF.

So I started to read through the eeprom docs and found the chapter that the eeprom may not work for the first 1ms after power on. So I tried it by adding a little delay before the read. Now the eeprom was working. On both "bad" carts.

So here is the code:

joy_install(&lynx_stdjoy);
    tgi_install(&lynx_160_102_16);
    tgi_init();
    tgi_setcollisiondetection(1);
    tgi_setframerate(50);
    lynx_snd_init();
    CLI();

// This part is added to create a little delay
    tgi_clear();
    tgi_updatedisplay();
    while (tgi_busy()) ;
    tgi_clear();
    tgi_updatedisplay();
    while (tgi_busy()) ;

lynx_snd_play(0, musicptr.music0);
    lynx_snd_play(1, musicptr.music1);
    lynx_snd_play(2, musicptr.music2);

mynameH = 0;
    mynameH = lynx_eeread_93c46(0);
    if (mynameH == 0xffff)
        mynameH = 0;

I also tried with a for-loop doing nothing and that worked also.

So here is an image with the extra delay added.

flappyee.zip

• Like 2

There is a few extra carts made. As flash carts and SD carts are still not available to all Lynxers you have a chance for a limited time to get one of the most annoying test release game ever made for your belowed Lynx. The link below goes to my paypal karri at sipo fi address. The price €13 includes posting.

attachicon.gifflappytest.png

Heh, I stuck in for one too. I'm currently in the US though, so if you need more $ for shipping let me know. Or I can provide a Europe address also.

Hi sage. The eeprom is only read once at startup. Out of 10 carts 8 worked perfectly. On the 2 "bad" carts I thought the eeprom was bad and swapped it with a new one. But it still failed.

Then I went in with my debuggin tools and the content was correct. The eeprom worked like a dream. But when I started the Lynx the first read was always FFFF.

So I started to read through the eeprom docs and found the chapter that the eeprom may not work for the first 1ms after power on. So I tried it by adding a little delay before the read. Now the eeprom was working. On both "bad" carts.

So here is the code:

<snip>

I also tried with a for-loop doing nothing and that worked also.

So here is an image with the extra delay added.

Were these bug fixed included in the "test" carts recently mailed out? ;-)

Flappy times are here again!

I asked my wife if I should spend some time testing the Flappy bird carts.

She said "NO, mail them now!"

So very soon the fellow developers will enjoy the latest and greatest Flappy bird Lynx release. Enjoy, the cart is in the mail.

post-2099-0-82710000-1484071520.jpg

Sweet! My very first prototype! :lust:

Heh, I stuck in for one too. I'm currently in the US though, so if you need more $ for shipping let me know. Or I can provide a Europe address also.

ABS is very light. The entire envelope + cart + stamp + address label weighs 14 g. This means that the first class priority postage is €1.30 to Finland, to EU, to US and to Australia. Same price everywhere.

The only problem is the US. According to our post office the mail through JFK in NY is completely stuck. So they refuse to give any delivery estimate. All post from Finland to the US goes this way. Perhaps the cart arrives in the summer.

For EU it is 2 to 4 days.

Were these bug fixed included in the "test" carts recently mailed out? ;-)

Sweet! My very first prototype! :lust:

No. The eeproms on the first carts were faster and the carts worked in both Lynx I and Lynx II without problems. There seems to be a lot of variation in the speeds of the chips.

The is correctly written to address 0 in the eeprom.

BUt a read at address 0 I only see once shortly after power up.

How do you conclude its not working?

For the pysical, karri answered.

If you're talking about my test with Handy. When I relaunch the game with handy 0.98Beta, I always have 0 for the highscore. Do I need to do something for testing the eeprom ?