IGNORED

Edladdin Colecovision Controller Kickstarter now LIVE!

edladdin

Wow, that's weird. Without the battery, the Troublesome Ten games have no control at all, just dead stick after maybe a single cap-draining button press. Can you control the autofiring tank?

Does that wriggle trigger a pause in any other games?

In the end, if it's a problem in the building of the controller, or damage received along the way, we will fix or replace it.

If it's a problem in the design, that this game is tripped up by the way the microprocessor translates between the three consoles... That's going to be harder to do anything about.

I don't have a copy to test... Hopefully someone else already has one on hand.

Attached is a video that demonstrates the issues.

Regards

• Like 1

Ed first I want to thank you for not only offering a great product but also offering what I consider absolutely outstanding customer service when you learned there was an issue with certain games.

So far my Seagull CV has worked flawlessly on any game I've played from all the original games I own and play to all the current games (homebrews).

So I just wanted to say thank you very much for offering the CV community another controller option which I would say is very high quality!!!

• Like 2

Ed first I want to thank you for not only offering a great product but also offering what I consider absolutely outstanding customer service when you learned there was an issue with certain games.

So far my Seagull CV has worked flawlessly on any game I've played from all the original games I own and play to all the current games (homebrews).

So I just wanted to say thank you very much for offering the CV community another controller option which I would say is very high quality!!!

Thank you so much! I really regret that the units are not truly 100%, but hopefully they will provide a lot of fun with the many other titles.

Its been a ton of fun for me, personally, to be able to play these Coleco games for the first time ever. I never had a CV as a kid, and the original controllers that came with my eBay lot are old and sticky, so I did not spend very much time actually playing the games over the last 1.5 years since this project got rolling. Its been great to be able to explore the catalog now that I also have an arcade controller - a Super Arcade that I sent to Albert for display/play at the most recent Portland Retro Gaming Expo. It came back with a couple of tiny pokes in the artwork, so I decided that would be my keeper.

General update! At this point we have:

1. Shipped all the Seagull CVs

2. Upgraded and reshipped the Seagull CVs that came back

3. Built and shipped nine Super Arcade Controllers plus a Supreme 78 that was part of a Kickstarter bundle.

To do:

1. Build six more Super Arcade Controllers, which I should be able to do next week

2. Build and ship twenty Super Arcade Controller PLUS, plus a Super Twin that was in one Kickstarter bundle

3. Build and ship three Super USB controllers

As I noted, I should be able to knock out the six SACs this coming week, then I will plow ahead into the PLUS units, followed by the USBs. Known distractions... I'm in Ithaca, NY, at this moment, and I have to go on another BETAR sales trip to Canada at the end of the month, and then a trip to Iowa in February, so I will be working around those commitments. My wish is to have everything from the Kickstarter campaign complete by the end of February.

After the KS campaign is 100% complete, we will move these products into the Edladdin store.

Thanks, as always, for all your patience!

PS: The attached photo shows what I was able to complete the week in between Christmas and New Year, before starting the current trip.

post-40253-0-57748400-1483833422_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like they all work one way or the other except the tank game . Hey Ed , I was curious how close the batch with mine in it is to shipping out ? Thanks for all your hard work and willingness to fix all these issues .

I'm trying to cross-reference the Kickstarter info with AA usernames... Aren't you Brian in Ohio? If so, yours is scheduled to be SAC Plus #00002.

Just received my controller but haven't unboxed it yet. I felt compelled to post a message immediately because I was hit with a cash on delivery demand by UPS to the tune of CA$53 which I really can't afford. Now, I don't mind paying the sales tax and reasonable brokerage fees but UPS are renowned for their excessive gouging on brokerage fees. In this instance they charged a brokerage fee of nearly CA$43 to recover only CA$9.90 in sales tax. Just ridiculous!!!

I wish I had been offered alternative shipping options in which case I would have requested USPS. Then the parcel would have been passed to Canada Post who only charge CA$9.95 brokerage, saving me around CA$33.

Edited by Ikrananka

Just received my controller but haven't unboxed it yet. I felt compelled to post a message immediately because I was hit with a cash on delivery demand by UPS to the tune of CA$53 which I really can't afford. Now, I don't mind paying the sales tax and reasonable brokerage fees but UPS are renowned for their excessive gouging on brokerage fees. In this instance they charged a brokerage fee of nearly CA$43 to recover only CA$9.90 in sales tax. Just ridiculous!!!

I wish I had been offered alternative shipping options in which case I would have requested USPS. Then the parcel would have been passed to Canada Post who only charge CA$9.95 brokerage, saving me around CA$33.

I remember one time I didn't know about this and FedEx wanted to charge a very nice member here $80 to receive the package. I felt so bad. From that point on I use USPS to send to Canada. In fact I'm going to order some games from this person to make up for the error. Good luck with your situation and all US senders please only mail to CA with USPS.

Edited by grips03
  • Like 2

That's terrible. I had no idea UPS was treating Canadians so poorly!

When purchasing through the store folks have the option to choose shippers. We will be sure to check with remaining Kickstarter shipments to see which shipper they prefer.

That's terrible. I had no idea UPS was treating Canadians so poorly!

When purchasing through the store folks have the option to choose shippers. We will be sure to check with remaining Kickstarter shipments to see which shipper they prefer.

Unfortunately, they have been doing this for many many years and it is the same situation with ALL of the courier style shippers. I have on many occasions refused to buy something from the US because the seller refused to ship via USPS. The only exception to the brokerage price gouging is when parcels go via the USPS / Canada Post route.

Very glad to hear that you'll be offering shipping options from now on - that is good news :) Please make sure that you offer USPS as one of those shipping options !!!

post-5757-0-86376300-1484333461_thumb.gif

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 2

Unfortunately, they have been doing this for many many years and it is the same situation with ALL of the courier style shippers. I have on many occasions refused to buy something from the US because the seller refused to ship via USPS. The only exception to the brokerage price gouging is when parcels go via the USPS / Canada Post route.

Very glad to hear that you'll be offering shipping options from now on - that is good news :) Please make sure that you offer USPS as one of those shipping options !!!

attachicon.gif1730b3df2db82e4b127d9aa9bfac6ce2_400x400.gif

Yes, we have no problem using USPS. Its a regular option when purchasing through the store. We'll check with the Canadians before the next one goes north.

In general, international postage is a huge burden. We've lost sales because the shipping to Europe and Australia range from crazy to outrageous. :(