IGNORED

Jumpman level design contest

I love where all these last levels are coming from, Miner 2049er next :)

The only problem with this one is that if you die after taking the nearest peanut then its fully game over, obviously the skill / idea is to NOT take it first but I got hit numerous times going up the ladder and landed on that peanut...

Ack....I know, I know......Sort a route out away from the peanut :)

I love where all these last levels are coming from, Miner 2049er next :)

The only problem with this one is that if you die after taking the nearest peanut then its fully game over, obviously the skill / idea is to NOT take it first but I got hit numerous times going up the ladder and landed on that peanut...

Ack....I know, I know......Sort a route out away from the peanut :)

Thanks for playing - that was a bug and Ive fixed the level :) - Ive been thinking about Miner also..............wish I could write custom code - could prob make a few nice challenges ;)

• Like 1

Nice work, especially on the Rivets Revenge level. I think this is your best so far, on par with levels in the original game!

Thanks - I figured out how to reposition the enemies better after I posted - might go back and change to have them start somewhere else.

Is a Bubble mightier than the Bullet?

attachicon.gifbubbles.jpg

That's an interesting take on the "enemy". Some suggestions:

- see if you can experiment with new sounds. Sound generation is one of those things that we don't fully understand yet — mess with the numbers and see what happens.

- you are using my stupid Score Eater movement code: direct movement toward Jumpman (not along a path), with one moving twice as fast as the other. That's fine, but try playing with things in order add variety.

- a name like Friendly Bubbles might make the point of the level more clear — one could play through it without ever touching a bubble, and miss the fun.

Late last year, I reverse engineered and commented many of Glover's original levels. I need to figure out how to export that so I can share it. There's a wealth of information in Randy's work — such as enemies that travel on a pre-defined path.

—Kevin

• Like 1

That's an interesting take on the "enemy". Some suggestions:

- see if you can experiment with new sounds. Sound generation is one of those things that we don't fully understand yet — mess with the numbers and see what happens.

- you are using my stupid Score Eater movement code: direct movement toward Jumpman (not along a path), with one moving twice as fast as the other. That's fine, but try playing with things in order add variety.

- a name like Friendly Bubbles might make the point of the level more clear — one could play through it without ever touching a bubble, and miss the fun.

Late last year, I reverse engineered and commented many of Glover's original levels. I need to figure out how to export that so I can share it. There's a wealth of information in Randy's work — such as enemies that travel on a pre-defined path.

—Kevin

Agree - Your code gave me the ability to add a few things I wanted to on earlier levels - the bubble idea is a mistake that works. Ive taken your example as far as I can and need to try something new :)

Thank you Goochy, Kevim and Rob, its given one of my favourite games so much new life and is heading towards a whole new all in one set of levels you guys can release..

Huge thanks to Sir Gooch for the themed levels..

Edited by Mclaneinc

• 2 weeks later...