IGNORED

HSC14 Round 2: Mr Robot

Mr Robot & his Robot Factory

Bonus Game: Mr Robot Plus

mr_robot_and_his_robot_factory.pngmr_robot_plus.png

If you missed round 1 (Super Pacman) just post a late score and join in here :)

OK Mr Robot is fun but can be tricky for beginners on some levels, scoring is compromised as you restart each screen if you die, also you can get multiple extra men on certain screens so...

We'll play for levels completed :idea:

HSC hall of famers/anyone who has completed the game before: play from the start (level A) each time - no practicing screens, no skipping screens. On the screens with extra lives (M?) just collect 1 set, if you lose a man do not collect them again!

everyone else: you can use Select [F3] to skip over screens that are too difficult. Keep a track of which ones you have completed e.g. Screen A, B, E, G, M etc.

In the bonus game Mr Robot Plus, the screens are by goochman and myself. Fandal kindly made them into a proper game - and no I don't have an advantage, as it was a long time ago and I didn't play them seriously, seriously!

There are three sets of 26 levels, top players start from A on each set, other players can start on each screen individually (there is no level skip in game). Use the joystick to select the starting level. I would say the "Unknown" levels are easier and some of mine are real stinkers including the first level on Vol.1 :-o Press select [F3] after each go to return to the menu,

post-19705-0-04360200-1486298689_thumb.pngpost-19705-0-60408000-1486298833_thumb.png

Hope this makes sense and will let everyone enjoy the games :)

Scoring

Mr.Robot: # levels completed.

Mr. Robot Plus: # levels completed on all 3 sets of screens combined.

Links

Fandal Mr Robot , Mr Robot Plus

Atarimania Info

Round closes Sunday 19th Feb, 10am UK time

Edited by therealbountybob
  • Like 2

So, just so I understand, If/when we complete the original set, that's 22 levels completed and we are not allowed to just go through them over again and count them a 2nd time? We should move on to Mr. Robot Plus and start on those screens?

And scoring doesn't count in this round, then, right?

• Like 1

So, just so I understand, If/when we complete the original set, that's 22 levels completed and we are not allowed to just go through them over again and count them a 2nd time? We should move on to Mr. Robot Plus and start on those screens?

And scoring doesn't count in this round, then, right?

Yes I think this is best, the game doesn't get any harder 2nd time through. Strictly levels completed so points don't count. I'm hoping the plus version which has another 3 sets of levels will be enough to tax the Mr Robot professionals ;)

Mr Robot Plus has 3 sets of screens which can be tackled concurrently: Kendallsoft Vol.1, Vol.2 and Unknown (which are Goochman's levels).

By the way I've closed round 1 too early so it's still running as I type!!

Edited by therealbountybob

Holy Crap! You and Goochman are freakin' Masochists! Those Plus levels are insanely hard! I gave up on Volume 1 and started working on Volume 2...and managed to clear 3 screens.

Here's my progress so far:

Mr. Robot: 22 screens (almost completed them a 2nd time for the heck of it:

post-9712-0-54820900-1486319568_thumb.png

Mr. Robot Plus: Volume II: 4 screens completed (level E is showing in the pic.)

post-9712-0-80455600-1486327754_thumb.png

By the way, I see what you did there, TRBB. Certain levels look a lot like another great platform game. Nicely done! :)

Edited by Deteacher
  • Like 1

Loved this game BITD. Going to see if I can get my Xbone controller to work on an emulator.

Nope. Standard controller didn't work but found my Xbox Wireless Adapter so playing it with the 360 controller. Yay! Forgot how picky this game was with the height of the platforms you jump off. Just A and B completed so far.

Edited by Tickled_Pink
  • Like 1

Mr Robot: 11 screens A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K.

Perfect - this is how the scoring will be for the main game :thumbsup: so you have 11 screens done (assuming you completed K). If players want to skip hard screens (usually those with bombs) then just list those you have completed. There will be some bonus points for the best run-throughs from A-V (22 levels on the main game)

Vol1 Screen A looks like I was really trying to max out the meanness in what you could do - my screens were not put in any order so I'm hoping this is the hardest screen :-o

Mr Robot

A-F completed 80,320

Total 6 screens

Mr Robot Plus

Vol 1: Nothing Completed!

Vol 2: A Completed

"Unknown": A-F Completed - these are easier than my screens :thumbsup:

Total 6 screens

Now will I stay awake enough to watch the super bowl?!! Looks like it might be a bit earlier than usual thankfully :)

p.s. thanks Deteacher - I'm glad you have a challenge - just noted it was your HSC record of 1 million+ (retired) last time we played.

p.p.s. quick hints for new players: try jumping down to lower platforms and jumping part way off ladders :spidey:

Mr Robot A-K

Vol.1 A (WHO was this mad to create those levels! They are insane :))

Vol.2 A-B

Unknown A-F

:P

I've got a plan for cracking that first level on Vol 1 (tonight) ! I can't imagine the rest are so hard but at least we've given you something to keep you busy ;)

Like Deteacher said some of my Vol2 levels pay homage to BBSB and Miner and maybe some other games, I didn't even remember them - level B "The Grain Elevator" from BBSB is a work of art (he said modestly), and brings the timer into play, took me a while to figure out. I hope it's do-able on NTSC if that timer runs faster (perhaps it's adjusted?) It was a relief to have those square platforms, now if only he would walk like Bounty Bob instead of that moonwalking of the edges business :-D

Here are some screenshots of Vol1: See if "you" can identify the levels.

post-19705-0-18070100-1486468732_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-28472000-1486468738_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-50225600-1486468747_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-48491500-1486468754_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-39747100-1486468760_thumb.jpg

The Unknown/goochman levels have the level letter in the platforms

post-19705-0-46119800-1486468718_thumb.jpg

Mr Robot A-P completed

Vol1 ---

Vol2 A-G 80320

Unknown A-F

This is making for a fun round, I'll send Goohman a message to let him know we're playing some of his levels too :)

Vol1 Screen A cracked!! not so hard after all, ok it was pretty hard. (19,350) Screen B is equally challenging but I would do a lot better if any of my joysticks had a 100% reliable fire button :twisted:

Goochman levels A-G completed 86,630

My harder levels are after G ;)

Mr Robot: Only A, B, C so far, but then I only invested ~15 minutes of game play.

I noticed I don't have an old (C64) personal best on this game. I kind of understand now, in particular as it seemed more fun to design new levels than playing the existing ones.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1

My harder levels are after G ;)

No kidding, I died on level "What The L" !!

Main Game A-S completed, blew it on final screen level T :mad: 243,950

post-19705-0-81385600-1486580796_thumb.jpg

Sort of fun challenge - try getting all the bombs!

post-19705-0-56565900-1486580810_thumb.jpg

Mr Robot: Only A, B, C so far, but then I only invested ~15 minutes of game play.

I noticed I don't have an old (C64) personal best on this game. I kind of understand now, in particular as it seemed more fun to design new levels than playing the existing ones.

If anyone does want to create any levels send me your disk ATRs - I think I have a few odd ones somewhere - if we get enough for a set we can see if it can be made into a game perhaps?

I'm enjoying having several sets of levels to have a crack at. Effectively this round gives regular HSC players (non hall-of-famers) infinite lives as you can start on any level (see 1st post). If anyone missed round 1 you can post a score there too :thumbsup:

I'll start the next poll at the weekend to give more time for voting

First Tables (# screens completed)

proposed scoring for this round; this may change!

Mr Robot (22 screens)

1st Deteacher 22 12pts
2nd therealbountybob 19 11pts
3rd RedThunder 16 10pts
4th Dope 11 9pts*
5th McKong 11 8pts
5th jfetzer 11 8pts
7th devwebcl 10 6pts
8th Tickled_Pink 9 5pts
9th ultrasteve 3 4pts
10th carlsson 3 3pts
11th jblenkle 2 2pts

(*tied places split by total levels completed on Mr Robot Plus)

Mr Robot Plus

Overall levels completed
HSC Hall of famers

1st therealbountybob 19 4pts
2nd Deteacher 13 3pts
3rd Dope 9 2pts

4th Goochman 5 1pt
Everyone else

1st RedThunder 1 4pts

2nd Tickled_Pink 1 3pts

Individual Level Sets:

Vol 1
1st Tickled_Pink 1
2nd Dope 1
3rd therealbountybob 1

Vol 2
1st therealbountybob 7
2nd Deteacher 4
3rd Dope 2

"Unknown" (Goochman's Levels)
1st therealbountybob 11
2nd Deteacher 9
3rd Dope 6
4th Goochman 5
5th RedThunder 1

:)

• Like 1

Just completed D and E on main game.

I have to admit, as Round 1 was my first entry into the HSC, I'm a little confused with this game and the scoring, and the 'proof' that levels have been completed. I'm a beginner, completed A-C, and then skipped to D and completed that and E, then lost all of my lives.

Am I doing that right? I posted photos for my previous completions, and scores in Super Pac-Man, but is this just an 'on trust' thing?!

• Like 1