IGNORED

HSC14 Round 2: Mr Robot

Working on the original levels. Got somewhere up to P i think and some of the Kendall levels (don't score it yet).

The Unknown seemed to be easier. Got up to R, but O and R seem impossible. I figured out how to use the music note to get up to the platform with the fire demons, but I don't see how to get the last 2 dots. The teleports only take you to the first 4 teleport pads (all part of the 'O')

Unknown O

Unknown R

• Like 1

Just completed D and E on main game.

I have to admit, as Round 1 was my first entry into the HSC, I'm a little confused with this game and the scoring, and the 'proof' that levels have been completed. I'm a beginner, completed A-C, and then skipped to D and completed that and E, then lost all of my lives.

Am I doing that right? I posted photos for my previous completions, and scores in Super Pac-Man, but is this just an 'on trust' thing?!

:thumbsup:

Exactly right, from experience I know some games have scoring issues, with Mr Robot each time you lose a man the screen restarts, so if players died on the screens with loads of points (bombs etc) there score would be bigger than someone who got right through, there are some screens with two extra lives so again you could die and rack up more men.

With Mr R. I know the top players (detaecher at least) would complete the game on their first go or so but others would struggle with screen B which is tricky for beginners.

Screenshots are always optional, I trust people to play in the spirit of things - over time you get to know who is who and we've not had any issues.

Playing for levels and allowing skipping for some players should let everyone enjoy the game :)

----

Vol1 I completed A B and C, C is really easy so there's a quick point grab for everyone. D is a real killer, at first I thought it wasn't possible but I think it is - you can get stuck and have to wait for the timer to run out (for us hardcore real hardware users!)

post-19705-0-90786000-1486837647_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-56702000-1486837654_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-50055600-1486837662_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-27402300-1486837623_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-16811000-1486837637_thumb.jpg

Got to S again on the main game, that screen is carnage :-o

Since there are no millions of dollars in prize money, I don't see any reason to cheat in the HSC.

What! You didn't get the millions of dollars? I might stretch to a T-Shirt or boxed game from Pro© Mag for the winner this season... hope it's me ;)

@CaptainClassic - got to L (again) on the goochman levels, will try harder today to see if I can make progress :-o

• Like 1

Working on the original levels. Got somewhere up to P i think and some of the Kendall levels (don't score it yet).

The Unknown seemed to be easier. Got up to R, but O and R seem impossible. I figured out how to use the music note to get up to the platform with the fire demons, but I don't see how to get the last 2 dots. The teleports only take you to the first 4 teleport pads (all part of the 'O')

I reached O too, does seem impossible - goochman may have added the level letter "O" and mistakenly used teleporters. Anyone reaching O play on again starting on "P". I completed P-T, goochman has found out a couple of things about Mr R. that make other levels seem impossible but they are not! I then replayed O with this knowledge but no luck, though I do have another theory to try tomorrow :idea: :ponder:

post-19705-0-38720600-1486837389_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-48223700-1486837452_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-63887200-1486837462_thumb.jpg

Reached U again on original game 258,520 - there are some tricky jumps to make here :-o

Mr. R. fun bombs challenge: Levels L, O, Q and S?

post-19705-0-08652500-1486836738_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-84942600-1486836769_thumb.jpg

Ok, just to make sure, for the non-original levels we can restart any screen or skip any screen, we don't have to do a straight play through. For seasoned veterans, we have to play the original Mr. Robot levels as a straight run from A-Z (or 'V', whatever it is)

If that is so, I completed all the levels of Kendall Vol 2. except 'U' (A-T, V-Z) and all the levels of Unknown except 'O' (A-N, P-Z)

I think I will start back on the original levels again until I can complete them, and then maybe try Kendall Vol.1 seriously.

I'm playing the original game and have only completed screen A.

Try using the level skip (select/F2) and picking out some of the easier ones, screen B is relatively hard though there are often several ways of doing each screen. e.g. on B you can jump left from the 2nd platform to get that low bit instead of going along the conveyor belts and back :)

VOL I: Finished Screens A and B!

VOL II: Completed A-G (7 screens.) Sorry...don't have a pic...couldn't snap the screenshot in time.

G Sucks. Are there any opportunities for extra men along the way, TRBB? :)

I should think that is very unlikely knowing how mean I am :evil:

• Like 1

Ok, just to make sure, for the non-original levels we can restart any screen or skip any screen, we don't have to do a straight play through. For seasoned veterans, we have to play the original Mr. Robot levels as a straight run from A-Z (or 'V', whatever it is)

If that is so, I completed all the levels of Kendall Vol 2. except 'U' (A-T, V-Z) and all the levels of Unknown except 'O' (A-N, P-Z)

I think I will start back on the original levels again until I can complete them, and then maybe try Kendall Vol.1 seriously.

For "Hall of Famers" play (and other top players if they wish) play each set from "A" every time, apart from "Unknown" where after reaching impossible "O" you can start again from "P". If anyone does crack "O" there will be a bonus point - we need goochman to check out his original disk :)

For "Hall of Famers" play (and other top players if they wish) play each set from "A" every time, apart from "Unknown" where after reaching impossible "O" you can start again from "P". If anyone does crack "O" there will be a bonus point - we need goochman to check out his original disk :)

Doh! At least I know how to beat each level.
  • Like 1

Try using the level skip (select/F2) and picking out some of the easier ones, screen B is relatively hard though there are often several ways of doing each screen. e.g. on B you can jump left from the 2nd platform to get that low bit instead of going along the conveyor belts and back :)

Thanks, I'll give that a try. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Ok, now that I understand the proper way to play, I got the original levels up to 'P', died on Q.

I did collect the extra man on level 'L' repeatedly, but I don't know how to avoid it after collecting it the first time. (I don't think possible to complete the level without getting it every time)

That's fine, just didn't want people farming lives by collecting multiple and then repeating this, if it's one you get as part of doing the level then fair enough... ok tables now...

Latest Tables (# screens completed)

scoring may still change!

Mr Robot (22 screens)

1st Deteacher 22 12pts

2nd therealbountybob 22 11pts

3rd CaptainClassic 16 10pts

4th RedThunder 16 9pts

5th jfetzer 14 9pts

6th Dope 11 8pts

7th McKong 11 8pts

8th devwebcl 10 7pts

9th Tickled_Pink 9 7pts

10th Sleepy 9 6pts

11th skr 6 6pts

12th Sikor 5 5pts

12th ultrasteve 5 5pts

14th carlsson 3 3pts

15th jblenkle 2 2pts

16th accousticguitar 1 2pts

(*tied places split by total levels completed on Mr Robot Plus)

Mr Robot Plus

Overall levels completed

HSC Hall of famers+

1st Deteacher 34 4pts

2nd therealbountybob 29 3pts

3rd CaptainClassic 20 2pts

4th Dope 9 1pt

5th Goochman 5 1pt

Everyone else

1st RedThunder 1 4pts

2nd Tickled_Pink 1 3pts

Individual Level Sets:

Vol 1

1st therealbountybob 3

2nd Deteacher 2

3rd Tickled_Pink 1

3rd Dope 1

Vol 2

1st therealbountybob 7

1st Deteacher 7

3rd Dope 2

"Unknown" (Goochman's Levels)

1st Deteacher 25

2nd CaptainClassic 20

3rd therealbountybob (p) 19

4th Dope 6

5th Goochman 5

6th RedThunder 1

Round 3 Poll OPEN :)

Also Round 4 preparations are here, get involved!

• Like 1