IGNORED

Season 6 - The New HSC - Weeks 7/8 = Activision Sports Weeks

S.BAZ

Question for S.BAZ: Looking at the high score screenshots for Skiing it appears that the trees are in different positions for different people. Are the tree locations randomly generated each time you start the game up, so that some people will get easier courses than others depending on where the trees end up?

Edit: I checked it out for myself and sure enough every time you use the Game Select switch to go to Game 5 you get not only different tree positions but the flag positions change as well. I tried a few different courses and some are definitely faster and have more direct routes with less trees in the way than others, so I guess you just have to keep using the Game Select switch to go to Game 5 and keep trying different courses until you get a favorable one with the most direct route to get the best score.

I must have gotten a tough course because I'm shocked to see 28.44 and 28.46.

I must have gotten a tough course because I'm shocked to see 28.44 and 28.46.

It seems like for most courses in Skiing it's literally impossible to get a time below 29.5 or so, but after resetting probably 70 or 80 times I did eventually find one course that gave me a really straight route down the slope with very little turning and was able to get a time of 28.92 because of it. Your score in Skiing really seems to depend on the luck of the draw for what randomized course layout you get, and if you reset enough times eventually you'll find one with a straight enough path down the slope to get a 28.xx score. Not a very good game for competitive play IMHO since there's no way to make the playing field even, but it's still a neat game and the randomized course aspect of the game does give it a lot of replay value for non-competitive play. :)

Anyway, with these two scores I'm done for this round. Good luck to everyone else who is still playing and I'll see you guys and gals again next round!

Skiing (B/A Difficulty, Game 5): 28.92

w7m25yS.jpg

Enduro (B/B Difficulty, Default Settings): 937.1

o750NMk.jpg

Edited by Jin
  • Like 1

It seems like for most courses in Skiing it's literally impossible to get a time below 29.5 or so, but after resetting probably 70 or 80 times I did eventually find one course that gave me a really straight route down the slope with very little turning and was able to get a time of 28.92 because of it. Your score in Skiing really seems to depend on the luck of the draw for what randomized course layout you get, and if you reset enough times eventually you'll find one with a straight enough path down the slope to get a 28.xx score. Not a very good game for competitive play IMHO since there's no way to make the playing field even, but it's still a neat game and the randomized course aspect of the game does give it a lot of replay value for non-competitive play. :)

Anyway, with these two scores I'm done for this round. Good luck to everyone else who is still playing and I'll see you guys and gals again next round!

Skiing (B/A Difficulty, Game 5): 28.92

w7m25yS.jpg

Enduro (B/B Difficulty, Default Settings): 937.1

o750NMk.jpg

Nice tip!

One of my goals in life is to have as many people as possible enjoy Dragster as much as I do. The method I use for Dragster (below) is from my first post/thread here at AtariAge.

Scrabbler's Dragster Tips:

Hold the clutch in (joystick left) during the countdown. With one second left, press the gas button.

At zero, let out the clutch. If it's timed right, the tach will be at the beginning of the redline once the car is in gear.

Keep the button pressed for the entire race, except for the very end.

When the clutch is let out at zero, try to shift twice (bang-bang) so that the car is in second gear as soon as the race starts.

As soon as the tach starts moving up in second gear, shift to third. As soon as the tach starts moving up, again, shift to fourth gear.

The tach is probably below the redline at that point. Bump the clutch in very short bursts. The tach will move up with each bump, and, for the most part, it will stay where it is bumped to. Do this until the tach is in the middle of the red. If the clutch bumps are not quick enough, the engine will probably blow.

Once in fourth gear in the tach red, hold down the gas until the highest pitch of the engine is heard. Then let off the gas to drop the engine pitch down a notch. Once the pitch goes down, get right back on the gas. Without this gas on/off/on, the engine will blow.

Each shift/clutch bump should only make one sound/beep/note/whatever-it-is. If there is lots of sound when shifting, the clutch is in for too long.

Enjoy.

• Like 8