IGNORED

Bosconian for the 8-bits

MrFish

• 3 months later...

while the music is nice, I would enjoy it more if it fades to background music as I play... that would be really classy! and fully faded out and back in during the bosconian jingles on exit and entry allowing a little overlap to show the fine mixing capability you have worked for the would be so polished!

Edited by _The Doctor__

I think the music is just a background noise for the video and not actually in the game.

The game its self is looking really polished but and its only a tiny but, the galaian style 'chasers' are not in yet, to come or not possible?

Edited by Mclaneinc

It's all wonderful and lovely, and if I'd never played the game before or listened to promised features (128K), I would be happy with it now. But like Mclaneinc, I'm waiting on the Galaxian attact squadrons and I am also eagerly anticipating the enemy soft-sprites to get multi-colored (at least 2) as Shanti said would be in the 128K version.If we can get those, and more levels, I'd be 100% happy.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

I would love the music as an incidental just not full blast all the time like on the 68k based versions that are out there... it can be done tastefully and polished.... the game is the showcase.

I have nothing but praise for what's been done so far... Just getting fearful I guess :)

• Like 1

The attention to detail in this is amazing. It makes me want to do another arcade port but I'm not a fast enough coder to work on in right now.

(If I ever hit Lotto, the A8 is getting Galaga, though)

If I send you a hot pepper piñata (bought for a nine year-old's birthday), and called it Lotto, will you code Galaga? That's my A8 dream game. :love:

• Like 1

Seriously, how about a Kickstarter campaign?

1. I think that would work more for C64 or Spectrum where there's a larger potential community. I don't really know.

2. I can't very well raise money with the promise of trademark infringement. :)

• Like 2

Yup, point 2 from Bryan is a serious problem but a 'homage' to the game with variations would work BUT its still not Galaga which is the whole deal.

Saying that, Galactic Chase is a wonderful homage to Galaxians and for me, hands down beats the rather poor official effort.

• Like 1

1. I think that would work more for C64 or Spectrum where there's a larger potential community. I don't really know.

2. I can't very well raise money with the promise of trademark infringement. :)

Galactic Chase is Glaxian in everything but name...

post-50483-0-40453800-1489160563_thumb.gif

• Like 1