IGNORED

Collecting every singleitem in Level 3 of Montezuma's Revenge (Parker Bros)

subjugator

Is there a difference between the Parker Bro release and the original by Utopia?

I presumed all the Utopia releases were classed as beta's?

I only ask as many versions mix up the two releases

Which is the right version to have the drawn Monty revenge intro (ish), I presumed the release version but I have atx's that don't show that intro?

Edited by Mclaneinc

I'm using the Parker Bros .atr version on a 130XE. I'm launching it from the FAT32 Loader of the MyIDE-II Cart. The Utopia version was never finished and can't be completed. It has more rooms and that great intro. It also has some nice little extra details such as the spider webs in the rooms. The main character is called Pedro in the Utopia version and Panama Joe in the official released Parker Bros version.

I'm using the Parker Bros .atr version on a 130XE. I'm launching it from the FAT32 Loader of the MyIDE-II Cart. The Utopia version was never finished and can't be completed. It has more rooms and that great intro. It also has some nice little extra details such as the spider webs in the rooms. The main character is called Pedro in the Utopia version and Panama Joe in the official released Parker Bros version.

Well here's a trained Parker Bros version from my stock...

With all the confusion I hope its the right one...

Paul

Just re-looked and I have versions that load up like the Parker version but are classed as Utopia beta's ?????? argh..............................

This naming convention thing stinks so much after all these years...

As i don't have the original any more its so hard to tell what is what.....

Montezuma's Revenge (1984)(Parker Brothers)(US)t Wizard.atr

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

Yes..Trainers were a relic of mostly the late 80 / 90's, basically it meant options to do thing you could not normally do...

Back then it was normally X lives where X was the number of lives, normally 255 as FF was an easy hex edit, some games checked to see how many lives you had and acted accordingly against it so FF became a little obsolete and us cheaters had to up our game :)

Edited by Mclaneinc

How many levels are there in the Parker Brothers version? I thing I've got up to level 5 a couple of times, but died right away a things are

moving soooo fast.

DavidMil

9 levels - 9th level repeats infinitely. Levels 5-9 are the same, with the only difference being darkness starting earlier into the level. Level 9 is completely dark and must be beaten by memory (at until you find the torch). This is a TV screenshot of me finally beating Level 9 on real hardware without saves/cheats a couple of years back.

pm16j.jpg

Edited by subjugator
  • Like 1

Tragic that the original game was never properly finished and the Parker release IMO is a shadow of it and moved too far away from the action adventure that was the original intent.

Like Spelunker this game is worth re-engineering such that new levels could be created, and within the spirit of the Utopia original.

9 levels - 9th level repeats infinitely. Levels 5-9 are the same, with the only difference being darkness starting earlier into the level. Level 9 is completely dark and must be beaten by memory (at until you find the torch). This is a TV screenshot of me finally beating Level 9 on real hardware without saves/cheats a couple of years back.

pm16j.jpg

You did it from memory? Wow! I have trouble remembering how to get to my bathroom..

David

• Like 2

Tragic that the original game was never properly finished and the Parker release IMO is a shadow of it and moved too far away from the action adventure that was the original intent.

Like Spelunker this game is worth re-engineering such that new levels could be created, and within the spirit of the Utopia original.

Perhaps we can get the original author to complete his version...

I never persevered with this brilliant game to see later levels in it - I can agree that it would be nice to see it being enhanced or extra levels/bits added to - to breathe extra life into it. (Also other such games...).

I did find it too hard - like Shamus - that you have to be a joystick jockey to get that far into it - and complete it.

Harvey

pm16j.jpg

The score showing, is that a roll over from 1 million or did you just run straight through the level without getting everything? I can't get to level 5 with less than

David