IGNORED

Vectrex console box and dimensions?

Leonardo Biagi

Hello guys, first time posting and it's a desperate request. Could a good and enlightened soul be a dear and send me pics from all the sides of the console box and the exact dimensions from it. I'm going to make a replica of the box , since I can't find any empty ones to buy. i did it with some other consoles and it turned out amazing. So, if any of you great guys and/ or gals could do this for me ( five minutes task) I would appreciate a lot and even make the art available for whomever asks for it. and I also make replicas of the game boxes for those that interests, and I take requests also, free of charge. I thank you all in advance. All the best from Brazil

Leonardo.

• Like 2

Igallair, this is EXACTLY what I needed, that's unbelievable,I can't thank you enough for taking the time to do that. I'm trying to get this information since god knows when... If you would like I'll post the results so we can compare and see what worked or not. This is so detailed that I don't think I'll need more information, but if so I'll let you. Thanks again, it's guys like you that gives real sense to communtity. Thanks again. You made a 41 year old kid very happy... If you have different consoles, I 'm always looking and building alternative boxes. All the best to you.

This is what I got so far. The main difference is the game itself, I used a high resolution picture of the console instead of trying to use the one in the box. The ideia is to have a nice and neat box, but not to try to fool people into thinking it's a real one. But I'm trying to get as close as possible to the real one. Please give your suggestions and criticism.

post-50438-0-66098400-1489207362_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-62198600-1489207373_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Another update:

The last two pics on the bottom are missing, because the pics from Igallair had a glare in them and I couldn't use it. I already asked him for another picture and as soon as he replies I'll fix it and post the final result of this side. And start the last one. I'm already working on the bottom and top parts.

I reduced the opacity on the grid and really enjoyed the result and ended up adjusting the other sides as well. It got softer and lighter and much better to look at.

Thanks again

post-50438-0-95240100-1489681063_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-93242200-1489681072_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here it is!!! The final and assembled version. There are some minimal imperfections, but I don't think it will interfere in the box itself. I'm sending it to printing and when I get it, I'll post the box and start the styrofoam project.

Thanks to all that replied and a special thank you for the collaboration from Igallair.

I have other open projects in other forums, but always with the same topic, the system box replicas. Igallair is also helping with those projects.

post-50438-0-00920200-1489775229_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

In another post from a different forum, Dr Manhattan suggested that I built mini replica boxes from the original ones, and I tought it was a great idea. It not only helped me a lot on seeing what problems I might have with the big ones, but also turned out to be amazing. This is the first attempt and I have some tweeking to do. But I think we'll have a definitive one on the next try.

Thanks again to all for the support.

(The Styrofoam project is depending on the arrival of my big box)

(The forum keeps on turning my pictures sideways and I don't know how to fix it, sorry about that)

In another post from a different forum, Dr Manhattan suggested that I built mini replica boxes from the original ones, and I tought it was a great idea. It not only helped me a lot on seeing what problems I might have with the big ones, but also turned out to be amazing. This is the first attempt and I have some tweeking to do. But I think we'll have a definitive one on the next try.

Thanks again to all for the support.

(The Styrofoam project is depending on the arrival of my big box)

(The forum keeps on turning my pictures sideways and I don't know how to fix it, sorry about that)

post-50438-0-84210300-1490756391_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-08296300-1490756396_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-42144400-1490756400_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-10384000-1490756405_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-29609300-1490756409_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-62277100-1490756413_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

And now for an update. I'm having real problems finding a piece of cardboard anywhere in my city that fits the size, without already being folded (and not the right way for us) or that I have to join together more than once. And that's not the way I want to do it. And all this to add to the fact that the printing places here also lack from the quality I'm looking. So I've been quiet because of that, but I'm still searching.

And I'm working on three more box projects and soon we'll have more mini boxes.

And I'd like to remind everyone interested in the mini boxes that the files are already available upon request so people can print at their own printing places (or homes) and that's the cheaper way. If people still want me to send the printed paper or even the box itself (the mini boxes I mean), It's a little heavy on the pocket. Talking at the post office, they informed me that for posting to Europe (I forgot to ask a quote for the USA) is around 35 euros. Thanks again to all for the support.

This will be basically the same message in all the forums where people've been helping, commenting and requesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is really awesome- I can't wait to buy a copy!! :)

Thanks!!!

I got tired of the overcharging the printing places were asking to print a full one sheet print for me (sometimes the price matched buying a conole with a box!!!) so I decided to go guerrila style. I printed the biggets size they would for a dollar and glue it together. the perfect soluction? No, but I'm pretty satisfied with the results so far. I'll post the pics on the progress and if someone would give me any ideas on how to make the merging point a little more discrete, I wuld appreciate a lot!

thanks again.

post-50438-0-24417400-1496178747_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-66379000-1496178754_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 years later...