IGNORED

FS: vintage consoles

FYI: THE FM TOWNS MARTY IS CURRENTLY IN A PENDING SALE TO A MEMBER HERE

THE FM TOWNS MARTY IS ACTING UP AND UNTIL I FIGURE OUT IF IT CAN BE FIXED IT'S OBVIOUSLY NOT FOR SALE (YES I tested it a couple of weeks before putting it up and it worked)

As mentioned here:
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/262684-selling-vintage-consoles-in-craigslist-no-takers/

I am having trouble finding interested parties on CL for some items I'd like to sell.

(more in the future if these sell reasonably well)

I was supposed to be traveling during this timeframe but shit happens so here I am, if they don't sell here off to eBay they go.

I can only ship on weekends, shipping it's gonna be on the expensive side as some of the items are heavy.

This is for US only.

[FYI: the items are also on sale on CraigsList]

For sale:

1)

FM Towns Marty in good working conditions with new drive belt. 417US$ + shipping.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FM_Towns_Marty

The machine is 24 years old so it's got a little yellowing, nothing major.

Floppy drive works, CD reader works, everything ready for your enjoyment.

It comes with:

joypad

mouse

hookup cables

There's also a bunch of "backups" (I will trash them if you don't want them, your call). No box or manuals.

EDIT: Bonus - if interested I can throw in also a USB floppy Mode 3 compatible so you can make your own boot floppies when required (needs win7 to format as win8/10 dropped the support for Mode 3), I haven't used it in a while but I did make a couple of boots with it that worked flawlessly, tested working on 4/27/2017 in win10 (no mode3 test as I don't have a win7 around).

post-36731-0-38216000-1489986857_thumb.jpgpost-36731-0-86266600-1489986857_thumb.jpgpost-36731-0-40413500-1489986858_thumb.jpgpost-36731-0-42224600-1489986859_thumb.jpgpost-36731-0-88070800-1489986859_thumb.jpgpost-36731-0-54707700-1489986860_thumb.jpgpost-36731-0-47618900-1489986861_thumb.jpgpost-36731-0-50286200-1489986862_thumb.jpg

2)

Japanese Sega Master System (which includes the FM sound system). 310US$ + shipping
Work perfectly fine on NTSC US TV.

The system has been recapped and modded for SVideo out as well as the back expansion port comes plugged with Gender Adapter (and internal mod to match US chip select). Thanks to the adapter and the mod this Japanese SMS can play all MarkIII/JapSMS carts AND all US carts (a couple of US games lock due to the FM subsystem). You can hear FM sound in US games that support it (there's a couple dozen of them, Fantasy Zone II being one of them).

Comes with:

compatible AC adapter
Gender Adapter for expansion port (you plug US games here, at the back of the unit, check picture)
1 SMS controller
Sega Paddle rotary controller in box (for games like Jap Megumi rescue etc...., but also supported in Outrun), pretty rare.
3D compatible shutter glasses (CRT needed to see the effect), the Jap SMS comes with the 3D adapter already built in.
2 MarkIII games (Fantasy Zone 1 and 2)

cables

FYI: the MasterED flash cart works perfectly plugged on the gender adapter, NOT INCLUDED, just FYI

post-36731-0-23611900-1489987346_thumb.jpgpost-36731-0-70048600-1489987345_thumb.jpgpost-36731-0-23024700-1489987345_thumb.jpgpost-36731-0-66561800-1489987344_thumb.jpg

3)

Sharp Twin Famicom AN500B with disk, all in working conditions. 383US$ + shipping

The NESRGB kit has been installed on the unit albeit only SVideo has been connected out.
Power led mod.
New drive belt.

Comes with:
EDN8 (it's the black cart in the pictures, I will let the SD card in if you so choose)
compatible AC power adapter
2 Famicom disk based games (3D Hot Rally [shown in pic as a drive test as well] and Patlabor)
2 Famicom cart based games (Akumajo Densetsu aka Castelvania III Jap and Galaga [shown working])
Famicom Arkanoid cart + rotary controller + box [the box is in so so state]
3D interface unit + compatible 3D shutter glasses (need CRT TV to use them and yes 3D Hot Rally supports them)
NES to FC adapter (naked, modded to support NES Castelvania 3)
NES Castelvania 3 (it's finicky to get it working with the above adapter but it fully works)
Homebrew NES to Famicom 2 ports adapter (to connect NES/Zapper/4play to Famicom) [not in picture]
NES zapper alike (need a CRT and the homebrew adapter above port 2 )
NES 4play (support 4 players use via homebrew adapter above)
3 extra NES controllers (NES MAX, NES dogbone lookalike, NES Famicom lookalike) ... I have them laying around, nothing special to them really.

post-36731-0-02240900-1489987136_thumb.jpgpost-36731-0-99851600-1489987134_thumb.jpgpost-36731-0-48523700-1489987136_thumb.jpgpost-36731-0-45216500-1489987134_thumb.jpgpost-36731-0-95893200-1489987130_thumb.jpgpost-36731-0-02916100-1489987132_thumb.jpgpost-36731-0-96281000-1489987132_thumb.jpgpost-36731-0-35432900-1489987130_thumb.jpgpost-36731-0-91151100-1489987133_thumb.jpg

You are probably going to need to take at least a small hit on them to get them to move here. Maybe include shipping instead of tacking it on top. More detailed photos could help as well. Shots of all angles of the systems, close ups, take the games off the Twin Famicom, etc. Premium items, premium prices, so people want to see more before buying. Anyway, best of luck with the sale.

• Like 2

take the games off the Twin Famicom, etc

You mean no games included?

I would like the buyer to have at least the disk based ones so he/she can test it, one of them being 3D allows testing of the 3D gear as well.

Do you also mean drop the EDN8?

In the end given the price of the bundle is not that the games fetch anything. But I may consider (Akumajo Densetsu seems to go for 50, while NES Castlevania 3 for around 30, Galaga for 10, 3D Hot Rally disk is like 25 while Patlabor disk is 15) ... was hoping the buyer would see that and sell what he doesn't want but we'll see.

To everyone thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming.

QQ:

What does premium price means? Anything above 200?

You mean no games included?

I would like the buyer to have at least the disk based ones so he/she can test it, one of them being 3D allows testing of the 3D gear as well.

No, that is not what I meant. :lol:

Take them off the top of the console in the photo. People want to see every bit of plastic. You are charging a lot, so show them how nice it is up close and from all angles. We're not talking a $5 or $10 item here--people need to be convinced it's something they are going to want.

• Like 1

You are probably going to need to take at least a small hit on them to get them to move here. Maybe include shipping instead of tacking it on top.

its funny here you can add 20$ to the sale price and say shipped and it will sell much faster in my experience

ie I want 40$ + shipping no bites, ask 60$ shipped, sells instantly, worst case I get what I wanted + shipping give or take a few bucks , best case I get what I want + shipping + 10 bucks (usa only since i am in the usa)

play the atariage game

now what your asking, its a bit much for my blood as I can spend less and have it shipped from those regions

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 2

its funny here you can add 20$ to the sale price and say shipped and it will sell much faster in my experience

ie I want 40$ + shipping no bites, ask 60$ shipped, sells instantly, worst case I get what I wanted + shipping give or take a few bucks , best case I get what I want + shipping + 10 bucks (usa only since i am in the usa)

play the atariage game

now what your asking, its a bit much for my blood as I can spend less and have it shipped from those regions

Good point. People see "shipping is extra" and may be scared off thinking it's going to be a lot. But, seeing it included, they don't bat an eye at the overall cost. It's weird how that can work.

Good point. People see "shipping is extra" and may be scared off thinking it's going to be a lot. But, seeing it included, they don't bat an eye at the overall cost. It's weird how that can work.

aye I can say 40$ shipped usa only and get totally ignored, or say 60$ shipped on the same item usa only and it wont last a day

same item, my worst case shipping is 23 dollars usa only on that item and 50% of the time its close enough where it only cost me 10 bucks to ship it, but people pay 20$ more to not pay shipping

human nature + it saves me a lot of work quoting every nitpicker, wellllllll... you said 9.75$ for postage.... but if it was 8.50$ i would be all over it blah blah blah bullshit

I dont even bother, I take my price add 75% worst case shipping post it, say free shipping, boom done, at worst I loose a few bucks, at best I gain a few bucks, and I dont have to quote every little thing I ever sell

Edited by Osgeld

Mind pointing me to those prices you see? For real, I am not being sarcastic.
I personally bought the Jap SMS in Taiwan quite a few years ago and it alone set me back ~300 (maybe I overpaid I reckon), even just the paddle in box costed me 100.
The Twin bundle is already under water more than 150 as it is but if you get a pointer I will definitely take a look.
Finally the FM Towns Marty, I've seen non-working/"non-tested-past-power-up" for 300, but again I may be looking at the wrong places, I believe I paid 500+ for mine 'cause of some shipping from JP and I had to purchase the mouse separately (the floppy drive belt broke once in my possession, same story for the Twin, 1 months in and new belt ... they are not terribly expensive but it adds up eventually)
As weird as it sounds I am not trying to make a profit, I don't think it's gonna happen, I am just trying to NOT lose too much, this stuff sometimes drops in price or demand dries up and if that's the case I should definitely adapt.
The "interesting" part is that I got no one even attempting an offer, not even lowball (not that I want a lowball offer), same as CL ... weird.
Anyhow to spice things up if anyone buys the 3 of them (yeah as if it's going to happen) 1000 total (doubt anyone would "megabundle" but why not, that's a 110 discount hopefully it should cover for the shipping, the FM is heavy and the Twin is bulky).
Maybe I should actually debundle and sell individual parts ... who knows, on CL I got an inquiry about the SMS Paddle stand-alone.

Ebay, 1 cent start, 10 day auction.

Pretty much. No better way to know what your stuff is worth than to let the free market decide, especially on hardware that's so niche and unusual.

As someone vaguely in the market for a Japanese SMS (not at the moment but sooner or later, I'll get one), that seems fairly in line with what I've seen, particularly including the rotary controller, which usually fetches a few bucks on it's own. It's probably just down to someone needing same.

These are nice consoles, but I agree that they will be a tough sell here. I remember reading about the FMTowns in EGM and the like and really wanting one...and we never got that here in the States. I also would *love* to own a Japanese Sega Master System as the console is one of my favorite machines and having one with FM would be pretty cool. But at the end of the day it is still a Master System and $310 plus whatever the heck shipping would be on top of the worry of damage in shipping is just overall way to costly. Like $210 more than I would spend to be honest. Not saying it isn't worth it to someone, but just saying finding that someone here at least may prove to be difficult.

Edited by eightbit

• 2 weeks later...